Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

After fixing exhaust leak

Search this Thread

Old 9/11/12, 07:42 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After fixing exhaust leak

I just finally fixed my exhaust leak finally, still some small leaks but nothing like originally. I had switched to a Flowmaster X pipe and Outlaw axle backs and had to get new exhaust clamps since I bent the stock ones on removal from the cats. I was wondering if anyone else has found that after market x or h pipes have caused much more vibration then the stock h-pipe. I only ask because I seem to be getting a lot of vibration now. I know that our cars have no undercoating and very little sound/vibration deadening and so I am fine with the vibration, rather like the feel, kind of like a real race car. The only thing I am wondering is if anyone else has a similar feel after swapping or if it is possible that some of the exhaust is resting on the frame which is translating all the vibration.
Old 9/11/12, 10:54 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Brandon302
I just finally fixed my exhaust leak finally, still some small leaks but nothing like originally. I had switched to a Flowmaster X pipe and Outlaw axle backs and had to get new exhaust clamps since I bent the stock ones on removal from the cats. I was wondering if anyone else has found that after market x or h pipes have caused much more vibration then the stock h-pipe. I only ask because I seem to be getting a lot of vibration now. I know that our cars have no undercoating and very little sound/vibration deadening and so I am fine with the vibration, rather like the feel, kind of like a real race car. The only thing I am wondering is if anyone else has a similar feel after swapping or if it is possible that some of the exhaust is resting on the frame which is translating all the vibration.
If you kept the sidepipes, make sure they are angled down away from the floor.
Old 9/13/12, 11:53 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 06GT
If you kept the sidepipes, make sure they are angled down away from the floor.
I had removed them, however I realized right when I got up underneath the car that I had tightened one of the clamps down and the bolt was touching the frame, now I feel like a tard.