Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

AC nightmare continued

Search this Thread

Old 6/24/16, 12:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AC nightmare continued

After multiple problems with AC in my 13 Boss the problems continue. Took my car to Autonation Ford Fort Lauderdale with AC not blowing cold just before warranty was up. Told it had a slow freon leak but they could not locate. Six months later same thing. This time told they put extra dye and bring in as soon as it stopped next time. Brought it in with the same problem now told it needs a compressor. This would be the third they have put in on 3.5 years. Won't cover under warranty. Autonation says they can't reach anyone at Ford about this and said I should call Ford customer service which if you have ever tried is useless. They never answer and do not respond to messages. Car has never had proper AC since 6 mos old. Ford is awful and Autonation worse. No pride in products and no concern for customers. Too bad. I love my Boss but need AC in Florida. Don't buy Fords.
Old 6/24/16, 01:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Boss287
After multiple problems with AC in my 13 Boss the problems continue. Took my car to Autonation Ford Fort Lauderdale with AC not blowing cold just before warranty was up. Told it had a slow freon leak but they could not locate. Six months later same thing. This time told they put extra dye and bring in as soon as it stopped next time. Brought it in with the same problem now told it needs a compressor. This would be the third they have put in on 3.5 years. Won't cover under warranty. Autonation says they can't reach anyone at Ford about this and said I should call Ford customer service which if you have ever tried is useless. They never answer and do not respond to messages. Car has never had proper AC since 6 mos old. Ford is awful and Autonation worse. No pride in products and no concern for customers. Too bad. I love my Boss but need AC in Florida. Don't buy Fords.
OK lest anything I say come out sounding critical, I want to say first that you're right, it is inexcusable that your AC has been replaced 3 times and still fails.

Unfortunately it seems that in general, the more drama there is in the driving experience, the more drama there is in the ownership experience. Some cars are just "some assembly required" and some manufacturers sell more of these cars than the kind that stay fixed. I would put Ford in this camp.

If you aren't done with your Boss, it might be time to try an aftermarket compressor. Generally people avoid aftermarket compressors because they aren't "OEM quality." I would say you want to avoid OEM quality at this point.

Or sell me your Boss cheap. After all, the AC is broken.
Old 6/24/16, 07:13 PM

Thanks but I will hold onto my Boss unless you want to pay stupid money. Any manufacturer can turn out a problem car. The issue is how do they treat the customer when that happens. Ford is a big fail at this. I bought a car with AC and I do not think it is unreasonable to expect it to work.
Old 6/24/16, 07:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Boss287
Thanks but I will hold onto my Boss unless you want to pay stupid money. Any manufacturer can turn out a problem car. The issue is how do they treat the customer when that happens. Ford is a big fail at this. I bought a car with AC and I do not think it is unreasonable to expect it to work.
Of course I was joking and I get your frustration.

If it were me, I'd either try an aftermarket compressor or rip out the AC system, get a roll cage, put on my helmet and wail on it until I'm not upset about the AC any more.

Again I'm joking... Kinda.
The following users liked this post:
TymeSlayer (4/22/17)
Old 6/24/16, 07:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 775 Likes on 566 Posts
call Ford world head quarters
Old 6/25/16, 08:48 PM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
That's stinks. The ac in my boss is the best I've ever had. But the. Again I only have 3,000 miles
Old 6/26/16, 06:42 PM

Mine was a daily driver in Florida so AC got a lot of use. At 40,000 mile bought an everyday car. AC went out again after I bought the daily driver so at least now I have an Air conditioned car to drive. It is just a shame the way Ford has responded or hasn't. Love the Boss but last Ford for me.
Old 6/26/16, 07:23 PM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Supercharge it and lose the ac?
Old 8/29/16, 07:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
I just picked up a 2013 SBY Boss 302 Laguna Seca with A/C problems. I'm going to try topping mine off with some more R134 first to see how long it lasts and worry about tracking down a leak next year.

Anybody have know how much R134 these systems hold or know anything about what pressures they should read? My friend works part time for a shop/used car lot and has access to the gauges and bulk R134.

Thanks