2012 MUSTANG BOSS 302 OWNERS GET COMPLIMENTARY BOSS IMMERSION, TRACK TIME

Search this Thread

Old 11/11/10, 06:07 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MustangFanatic
I'm with you!!
OT

Do you have the original pic of your avatar in white?

Are you gonna get one in white and why, just curious?

LQQK
Old 11/11/10, 07:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
BadA** Thanl u Icer Hawk for ur service and 4 winning the mustang stories contest.! I came close but am glad some1 in the service onw it!!!
Old 11/11/10, 08:31 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by LQQK
OT

Do you have the original pic of your avatar in white?

Are you gonna get one in white and why, just curious?

LQQK
I can't seem to find the original chop that was done in white - it is on this site somewhere.

I'm on the fence about the color - honestly it is my biggest dilemma with the Boss!! I really want a black on black non-LS Boss but Ford doesn't seem to be willing to offer that combination. Right now it is between Kona Blue with stripe delete or Performance White with Black Stripe. Eventually I'll have to decide but for now I'm still weighing the options.
Old 11/11/10, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by SynisterGT
BadA** Thank you Ice Hawk for your service and for winning the mustang stories contest.! I came close but am glad someone in the service won it!!!
Hey man, I'm just doing the same thing everyone else is. No need to thank me, but I do appreciate the thought. I'm still amazed to this day that I won that thing. Crazy. You never really hear of people winning things like that. Still cool. Thanks again though. I did enter (buy tickets) for the 2011 Dream Giveaway. You might want to look into it. If nothing else, it helps wounded service members. Good charity.

Last edited by Ice Hawk; 11/11/10 at 10:44 PM.
Old 11/12/10, 03:22 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thats awesome! A great perk for Boss owners
Old 12/8/10, 12:14 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
BOSS Track Attack website now up!

http://bosstrackattack.com/
Old 12/8/10, 02:30 PM
FR500 Member

Nice!

Looking at the site, I am now curious as to what level the instruction will be at. If the day is going to end with only a lead-follow exercise, then maybe not so much for me.

On the other hand, if there's some opportunity for one-on-one instruction where we get a chance to drive at our personal levels, then hells ya!

Last edited by PTRocks; 12/8/10 at 02:33 PM.
Old 12/8/10, 02:32 PM

Cool

Originally Posted by PTRocks
Nice!

Looking at the site, I am now curious as to what level the instruction will be at. If the day is going to end with only a lead-follow exercise, then maybe not so much for me.
I assume it will be like a basic DE instruction (learning the basics of weight transfer, vehicle handling, learning the school/race lines, braking zones) etc.

Should be fun for those that haven't driven on-track before. I'm definitely interested in going anyways just for the experience, and to lap some of you on-track
Old 12/8/10, 02:49 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by 06GT
I assume it will be like a basic DE instruction (learning the basics of weight transfer, vehicle handling, learning the school/race lines, braking zones) etc.

Should be fun for those that haven't driven on-track before. I'm definitely interested in going anyways just for the experience, and to lap some of you on-track
I sent an email to them asking for more info. I'll post the reply here. I'm kind of hoping that given the number of people who will likely sign up, they would offer courses or days grouped by experience level.
Old 12/8/10, 02:51 PM

I sent an email to them asking for more info. I'll post the reply here. I'm kind of hoping that given the number of people who will likely sign up, they would offer courses or days grouped by experience level.

See if you can get them to comment on the planned dates, I want to start blocking off vacation time as needed
Old 12/8/10, 07:42 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm kind of hoping that given the number of people who will likely sign up, they would offer courses or days grouped by experience level.
That or maybe just put us in run groups based on experience. Would be fun to get to meet as many Boss owners as possible at the event. It would be cool if we got to run the full or perimeter course, but my bet is they hold it on the East course to keep speeds down. Will definitely need to see more details on this before making a decision.

It seems like a lot of work/travel for a one-day event. At least we don't have to prep our own car so that offsets some of the travel time. What I really hope they do is offer an advanced/open lapping option to add a couple more track days after the main event for a reasonable cost.

I wonder what the deductible will be on their car? I am guessing there will be an insurance option to buy it down.
Old 12/17/10, 02:42 PM
FR500 Member

Here's the response from the Ford Racing High Performance Driving School about the program Ford is offering. Sounds good to me.

Originally Posted by Rob Nish
The program will be based on participants that are new to a track experience but will also allow drivers to run at their own speed.

Thanks for the email. We hope to see you soon.

Rob Nish
Brand Manager
Miller Motorsports Park Performance Schools
Ford Racing High Performance Driving School
Old 12/17/10, 02:50 PM
Cobra Member

Here's the response from the Ford Racing High Performance Driving School about the program Ford is offering. Sounds good to me.
Sound's like it's tailored for a rookie like me...Thanks for sharing.

LQQK