2012-2013 BOSS 302

#1777 is in Greensboro, NC, interesting story.

Search this Thread

Old 9/11/11 | 07:13 PM
GT Member

#1777 is in Greensboro, NC, interesting story.

Got it Last Thursday, from Ft. Mill, SC. #1777.

I had initially placed a deposit on one from a dealer in town, but didn't get many answers regarding ETA etc. No VIN on the ordered boss (which happened to be Race Red). So I started a search for a Red at MSRP.

I'm a bit in disbelief that people are obtaining these at MSRP, because for a while, I could not find one with an ADM of less than $2.5k. To add insult, several had listed Boss' at MSRP at present, then, after contacting them, explained that is was "a mistake" and the "actual" price is "x", or up to $10k over MSRP. This happened twice (I won't mention the dealers). In fact, on autotrader, I can find several listed at MSRP, but I can guarantee a hefty ADM.

At any rate, last Thursday, I called Ft Mill Ford, Fort Mill, SC about a new CO Boss (Recaro/Torsen) listed on Autotrader at $43.5K. After discussing the price with the Salesperson, Jeanette (who happened to be wonderful), I was informed that the price was $53.5k (yes, ADM $10k). They had already sold 2 this year with ADM. I explained that this was the third time this happened and I stated that they should honor the listed price on autotrader. After deliberating with her manager (who is probably the most honest sales manager around), she said they would honor the price until close, 8PM that night, then the price would jump. My dad drove 2hrs, picked me up, we drove 2 hrs to Ft Mill, and got there at 7:30PM, bought it and here ya go. I think they had a pool as to whether I was going to do it or make it. Gotta love those guys.

Now I gotta get my deposit back.

BTW, I purchased Lo-jack and the 2 year extended warrantee. Felt like needed options for this beautiful beast. I removed the silencer exhaust disks as soon as I could. The car is absolutely ridiculous. So powerful, so nimble. I previously had an E46 M3, and had test drove a 2012 GT and 2009 E93 M3. But this is the creme of the lot. It has 4 seats, torque, is nimble, revs, and sounds fantastic. Nothing else measures up under $50K, nothing. Bliss.

I am going the change the grill, add break vents, trans scoop, and eventually get R tires and wheel combo.

So nice.

Sorry about the finger.

Uh huh.

Lift yer a$$ so I can remove your pesky discs.

OMG, a Boss with 6 miles on the odo.
Old 9/11/11 | 07:18 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

I am glad you got the car you wanted. But a truly honest dealer does not put time lines on things.
Old 9/11/11 | 07:21 PM
GT Member

True that. But he's pretty straight up in my book after my experience with other dealers.
Old 9/11/11 | 08:21 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Congratulations
Old 9/11/11 | 08:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Congrats!
Best color too, but I'm biased.
Glad to hear you got one at MSRP.
Third dealer I called was cooperative, and an easy purchase, but he was 750 miles away.
Made for a fun road trip home.
Old 9/11/11 | 08:24 PM

I thought you said it was CO.... but looks Red. Is it Red or Orange. Anyway, I bought mine from Greensboro and live within 20 miles if you want to meet up one day and tour around or just talk over lunch. You going to VIR this up coming weekend? You can send me a PM.
Old 9/11/11 | 09:32 PM
V6 Member

Glad to hear there are more in the Carolinas. Just wish more were here on the coast. But if you're going to change the grille here is a pic of what it will look like on a CO.
Attached Images  
Old 9/11/11 | 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by 69mustangman
Glad to hear there are more in the Carolinas. Just wish more were here on the coast. But if you're going to change the grille here is a pic of what it will look like on a CO.
Which grill are you using with the GT surround?
Old 9/11/11 | 10:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 1BadBoss
I thought you said it was CO.... but looks Red. Is it Red or Orange. Anyway, I bought mine from Greensboro and live within 20 miles if you want to meet up one day and tour around or just talk over lunch. You going to VIR this up coming weekend? You can send me a PM.
It is hard to tell the difference in pictures... #16 is RR, #4 is CO.

Old 9/11/11 | 10:15 PM
V6 Member

American Muscle sells this grille http://www.americanmuscle.com/black-...ille-2010.html and best price for the surround came from Rock Auto. Pony tribar is back ordered from AM so I used the one from my Mach for now.
Old 9/11/11 | 10:29 PM

American Muscle sells this grille http://www.americanmuscle.com/black-...ille-2010.html and best price for the surround came from Rock Auto. Pony tribar is back ordered from AM so I used the one from my Mach for now.
Thanks, it looks terrific on your Boss.
Old 9/12/11 | 05:43 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
Thanks, it looks terrific on your Boss.
Thanks. I saw it on someone else's Boss here first. I just loved the look on his RR. Haven't seen this here yet but I love this look, too.
Attached Thumbnails #1777 is in Greensboro, NC, interesting story.-p1010084.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 9/12/11 | 09:46 AM

Maybe we should organize a Boss rally at the coast and try to get all the Boss owners in the surrounding areas to come. We could call it East Coast Boss Cruise In. You could take us on a tour of the coast line. Then we could do one next year on the parkway in the mtns.
Old 9/12/11 | 11:48 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm up for that! Boss #0029 in Charleston, SC is in.....
Old 9/12/11 | 02:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

need someone to take the old grille off your hands?
Old 9/12/11 | 03:35 PM
V6 Member

Maybe we should organize a Boss rally at the coast and try to get all the Boss owners in the surrounding areas to come. We could call it East Coast Boss Cruise In. You could take us on a tour of the coast line. Then we could do one next year on the parkway in the mtns.
I'm on board for that. In the meantime come to the coast on Oct 15 for our All Ford Show. Our theme this year is The Boss is Back. I'm hoping to see a Boss other than mine. In 5 months I haven't come across another owner.

Originally Posted by CaptDistraction

I'm thinking I'll hold on to it a while longer. I put it in the gameroom on top of the jukebox for now. Just to whet your whistle, though
Attached Thumbnails #1777 is in Greensboro, NC, interesting story.-boss-grille.jpg  
Old 9/12/11 | 07:05 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
Congratulations
Thanks for all the info.

Originally Posted by SD GT
Congrats!
Best color too, but I'm biased.
Glad to hear you got one at MSRP.
Third dealer I called was cooperative, and an easy purchase, but he was 750 miles away.
Made for a fun road trip home.
I love CO, but I have to say the Yellow Blaze is pretty badass. They tie for overall appeal.

Yeah, it does in that pic, but in reality it is night and day. Not going to VIR but will eventually make it there, hopefully to hook up with a club. If you are going to VIR on a subsequent trip or doing autoX, hit me up. There was a RR with white stripes at Green Ford, but it is already gone.

Precisely my plan. Was it tough to take off and replace?

I'd prefer the mountains, better roads, less salt.

Originally Posted by CaptDistraction
I'm defintely keeping all the stock parts. This may sound lame, but I am keeping the floor mats and car cover in their original plastic package.

I'm on board for that. In the meantime come to the coast on Oct 15 for our All Ford Show. Our theme this year is The Boss is Back. I'm hoping to see a Boss other than mine. In 5 months I haven't come across another owner.
Would be cool to get us all in one place for an epic pic and some beers on the coast.
Old 9/12/11 | 07:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Nice grill 69!
Old 9/12/11 | 07:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Congrats Further! Nice color choice. It actually looks red in the picture so you have the best of both worlds.
Old 9/12/11 | 07:28 PM
GT Member

This has been previously posted, but here are some of my future purchases.

Grill: http://www.americanmuscle.com/black-...ille-2010.html

Grill surround: http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,ca...,parttype,1384

Trans scoop: http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...KeyField=12495

Brake duct kit: http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...oling-Duct-Kit

Quick Reply: #1777 is in Greensboro, NC, interesting story.