2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

Should I file a lemon law?

Search this Thread

Old 11/22/17, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should I file a lemon law?

Hey guys!

I bought my Mustang Ecoboost in May 2015. On June 2016 my A/C stopped working, it could only blow hot air. On July 2016, same thing, but this time they replaced the Evaporator. About a month ago(October 2017), my A/C gave up again, only blowing hot air again. I brought it to the dealership, and they told me it was the evaporator, again.

I am very concerned about my car. I have been at the dealership for A/C repairs 3 times in the last year and a half, and the last 2 times for the same exact piece. I want to add that I do less than 8.000 miles a year and I have only a total of 15900 miles in 2 years and a half. Soon I will start to have to drive my car more often due to my commute, so I have the fear it will break up even sooner next time.

Is there a possibility, given the history of my repairs, to file a Lemon Law?

Thanks in advance!
Old 11/22/17, 04:40 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
I do not think that the AC issues will be enough to get the lemon law to kick in. But it might be worth a try... I would definately give a different dealer a shot at it. Sounds like the one you are using does not know what the real problem is. Good luck on either path.
Old 11/22/17, 06:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, today the Ford Customer Service Regional Manager called me to apologize. Since its the 3rd time having an A/C problem and the 2nd in a row having to change the same part, they will send a team of technicians to figure out what is going on and if they can prevent from happening again. I hope with that, they can either finally solve the problem or buy the car back if there is no possible repair. I will keep you guys updated.
Old 11/23/17, 10:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
The lemon law is different in each state, but by and large, if the SAME PROBLEM keeps happening 3 times in a row, you qualify. On the face of it.

You need to consult your state's laws regarding such.

This is why they're sending everything and the kitchen sink on it, because they're trying to prevent you from doing so. Maybe let them do it and see, THEN act on it.
Old 12/1/17, 12:31 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 387 Likes on 284 Posts
I understand your concern. If Ford doesn't give you the satisfaction you need ask them if they will at least give you an extended warranty. Good luck.