The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2015 - 2023 MUSTANG (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f806/)
-   -   S550 SVT Mustang caught on video 9/17/13 (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f806/s550-svt-mustang-caught-video-9-17-13-a-525153/)

Vickstang 9/17/13 08:57 AM

S550 SVT Mustang caught on video 9/17/13

Hi-po version (whatever its gonna be called) spied! :metal:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/atta...1&d=1379430317

laserred38 9/17/13 09:13 AM

Oh snap! It actually has some rubber under it! I hope they keep them. And those wheels look like Forgestar CF10s! :nice::nice:

Just looked again. Looks like Michelin PS2s! And possibly take off 13-14 GT500 mufflers for testing?

Automagically 9/17/13 09:24 AM

No news no news no news no news ...................................... HOLY FARK!!!

This looks wicked! Those vents!!

Ethanjbeau 9/17/13 10:24 AM

Those tires look like they can actually handle the power of the cars.

laserred38 9/17/13 10:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Frontal shot. Lights are on too! I'm calling LED headlights standard (they are on the dang Corolla and MKZ!). Also note the lower amber running lights.

Funny, the back wheels look more concave than the fronts. Almost looks like a square setup for the tires. Hood vent looks similar to the 07-09 GT500 hood.

Krohn 9/17/13 10:32 AM

This is sweet! So much excitement. lol

Automagically 9/17/13 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by laserred38 (Post 6689329)
Frontal shot. Lights are on too! I'm calling LED headlights standard (they are on the dang Corolla and MKZ!). Also note the lower amber running lights.

Funny, the back wheels look more concave than the fronts. Almost looks like a square setup for the tires. Hood vent looks similar to the 07-09 GT500 hood.

The fronts are more concave, it's very strange.

Could this be a first that they deliver a HiPo the first year out? Seems like they have enough time to get it together.

Overboost 9/17/13 10:48 AM

Anyone else notice the Pilot Super Sports it's riding on? Solid tire choice.

laserred38 9/17/13 11:00 AM

7 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Overboost (Post 6689337)
Anyone else notice the Pilot Super Sports it's riding on? Solid tire choice.

I did!

Here's some more pics, for those who don't want to click the 6G link.

The brakes look beefy. The whole car looks beefy. I think this is going to be the one. I love the stance. I love the wheels. I love the width and presence it has on the road. That steering wheel looks disgusting though. All the multifunction crap! Just like the ST Focus wheel. I don't want that crap on my wheel!

newpony 9/17/13 12:05 PM

I agree about the steering wheel. . All cars companies are going out control putting so many buttons on the steering wheel.

Diode Dynamics 9/17/13 12:45 PM

I like the fact that it has DRL's, I'm getting new product ideas already!

I can't wait to see this thing, I'm jones'in

Nick C.

codeman94 9/17/13 12:57 PM

those brakes are huge.

laserred38 9/17/13 01:12 PM

Ugh the steering wheel reminds me of the Camaro steering wheel.

eric n 9/17/13 01:47 PM

I'm guessing 6 piston calipers, 15' rotors, something like 295's in the back.... Now give me a Big Freakin' Motor and a little suspension.... ta freakin' da. I find myself wanting to break into a chorus of Happy days are here again!

Blacknight2007 9/17/13 02:33 PM

Mustangg6 has it all wrong, this is a Gt with the track package. Those brakes are for sale from ford racing right now, minus the slotting of the rotors. They are 14 inch in the rear and 15 inch up front. As for the scoops, think about it the track pack in the past kinda sucked. It needed more cooling. Well here they made sure that was no longer a problem. I am sure the hood scoop feeds air to the rotors. The back fender scoop is so the air has some where to escape. As ford gets closer to there release you guys are going to see more and more new stuff. Ford will not release a svt product on 2015. Ford will use the special edition mustangs to up sales in later years.

rhumb 9/17/13 02:35 PM

Noticed a few other things about the interior shot:

Looks like two rather large primary instrument bezels, framed in chrome/metal rings, with an area in between for secondary instruments/information. This is not unlike, in general, today's Stang though I'm sure the detailing will be quite distinct.

This does look like it will be a/the Mustang wheels as one can make out the galloping Mustang icon underneath the tape. I don't mind the buttons on the wheel as the buttons have got to be somewhere and having them on the wheel can make them quite convenient and perhaps safer (requiring less attention diversion from the road). Given all the electronic/info systems now on cars, I think this is all but inevitable to a large degree.

Overboost 9/17/13 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Blacknight2007 (Post 6689430)
Mustangg6 has it all wrong, this is a Gt with the track package. Those brakes are for sale from ford racing right now, minus the slotting of the rotors. They are 14 inch in the rear and 15 inch up front. As for the scoops, think about it the track pack in the past kinda sucked. It needed more cooling. Well here they made sure that was no longer a problem. I am sure the hood scoop feeds air to the rotors. The back fender scoop is so the air has some where to escape. As ford gets closer to there release you guys are going to see more and more new stuff. Ford will not release a svt product on 2015. Ford will use the special edition mustangs to up sales in later years.

You are wrong on so many parts.

RandyW 9/17/13 03:36 PM

Can't see enough of it, but I like the steering wheel.

newpony 9/17/13 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Overboost (Post 6689452)

I'm still recovering from "hood scoop feeds air to the rotors."

2k7gtcs 9/17/13 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by newpony (Post 6689473)

I'm still recovering from "hood scoop feeds air to the rotors."

:heh:

future9er24 9/17/13 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by laserred38 (Post 6689343)
I did!

Here's some more pics, for those who don't want to click the 6G link.

The brakes look beefy. The whole car looks beefy. I think this is going to be the one. I love the stance. I love the wheels. I love the width and presence it has on the road. That steering wheel looks disgusting though. All the multifunction crap! Just like the ST Focus wheel. I don't want that crap on my wheel!

I'm gonna have to disagree with the steering wheel stuff lol. I'm dying for more controls on the wheel. I'm tired of reaching over just to switch radio stations (which i realize is only relevant to older stangs)

Everything else we an see though... :metal: Loving the thinner rockers too, especially with the coherence it gets from the rear aero stuff (noticed thanks to the post in the 6g thread) And those headlights look pretty mean sneaking through the mesh :grin:

Overboost 9/17/13 04:47 PM

Regarding the steering wheel, it has some Fusion in it:
http://media.caranddriver.com/images...s-1280x782.jpg

But also has some Mustang and Jag influence in it:

http://image.motortrend.com/f/featur...ring-wheel.jpg

rhumb 9/17/13 05:23 PM

General S550 comment: the more I see, the more me likely. While the S197 was good, really good, I think the S550 will be great, really great.

denlem 9/17/13 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Overboost (Post 6689491)
Regarding the steering wheel, it has some Fusion in it:

But also has some Mustang and Jag influence in it:

Hmm.... that's a 2013 photo but that nav screen looks nothing like a 13. At least mine anyway.

2k7gtcs 9/17/13 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by rhumb (Post 6689501)
General S550 comment: the more I see, the more me likely. While the S197 was good, really good, I think the S550 will be great, really great.

I agree

2k7gtcs 9/17/13 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs (Post 6689507)

I agree

We've come light years since 1993

Overboost 9/17/13 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by denlem (Post 6689503)
Hmm.... that's a 2013 photo but that nav screen looks nothing like a 13. At least mine anyway.

Someone mistakenly put an image of MFT on the nav screen. It still has the old, non MFT based nav system.

rmurer 9/17/13 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs (Post 6689508)
We've come light years since 1993

lol you quoted yourself..

2k7gtcs 9/17/13 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by rmurer (Post 6689567)

lol you quoted yourself..

:heh:

I'm that good

Sabin 9/17/13 09:13 PM

Maybe that's a GT auto and he's paddle-shifting with his left hand. :banana:

https://themustangsource.com/attachm...3025727398.jpg

Boomer 9/17/13 09:29 PM

or signaling

db2797 9/17/13 09:57 PM

I'm going to say something that I'm sure will be controversial :stirpot: but I really hope the next SVT has an auto. I've been a Manual guy my entire life, and have currently have a MT V6. But now I also own an auto GT, and while MT's are fun to drive, they have just really fallen behind when it comes to performance driving. Nothing matches these modern auto's. After driving my AT GT at the track it now feels like I'm shifting in mud and rocks trying to drive my V6.

So crossing my fingers on an Auto with paddle shifters in the Shelby. :metal:

Blacknight2007 9/17/13 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Overboost (Post 6689452)

Maby i am, but we will not know for sure who is right or wrong until the release of the new Mustang.

black_bullitt 9/18/13 12:08 AM

Did this make sense when you wrote it?? Because... I've read it 4 times and I'm struggling here. :screwy:
Are you really suggesting Ford is producing separate hoods and fenders for a simple track pack?

Btw, is anyone else seeing this (or at least a version of this) in the fender opening?

https://sphotos-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/h...00326570_n.jpg

Overboost 9/18/13 06:15 AM

Allow me to break this down:

-The brakes seen may resemble the '13 GT500 brake kit from Ford Racing, but there's no definitive proof they are the same. We can only infer based on a limited set of photos. If I had to guess, based on previous major model changes, I'd say they aren't the same. The rotors appear to be a 2-piece drilled design, which is something not seen before.

-Hood scoop feeds air to the rotors?!? Re-read that. This isn't an F12 Ferrari. Likely, they chose to use a setup similar to the C7 Corvette and previous SVT vehicles, where the hood venting helps with heat extraction and provides grip up front, and the fender vents help mitigate brake cooling and provide additional grip. They are NOT connected.

Of course, as the camo falls off (if it does) we will notice more. I do agree that we won't see this car as a 2015MY though. Let the base car come out in full fanfare, then roll this out in 2016-2017MY on it's own.

bob 9/18/13 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Boomer (Post 6689620)
or signaling

Agreed, there doesn't seem to be a paddle on the inboard side of the wheel. Not that a paddle couldn't be obscured.

After having had the displeasure of using a Chrysler 200 for about a week, I think I would prefer buttons on the backside of the steering wheel for manual operation of the transmission (seriously doubt we will see a robo-manual on the 15 unless somebody has figured out how to make a very affordable high torque self-shifter). The buttons in this case were for radio control but they were easy to use and didn't require any real change in grip to operate.

Then again, I hope to never find out how Ford intends to implement manual operation of the automatic transmission.

The_Munk 9/18/13 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by black_bullitt (Post 6689649)
Did this make sense when you wrote it?? Because... I've read it 4 times and I'm struggling here. :screwy:
Are you really suggesting Ford is producing separate hoods and fenders for a simple track pack?

Btw, is anyone else seeing this (or at least a version of this) in the fender opening?

https://sphotos-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/h...00326570_n.jpg

that fusion/evo grill looks 100% better without the lower grill/opening whatever that thing is called

mustang_lurkers 9/18/13 11:58 AM

I am sold! I will buy one of these but the cost will be high. A fully loaded one of these will cost between 65K and 70K. I will need 15K to put the recommended 20 percent down for one. That puts me in well equipped Corvette range or low end Porsche range. I hope this GT350 will be worth the money! The current version is nice but it is just a giant engine with seats. I need more than a big engine with a seat FORD!

bob 9/18/13 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by mustang_lurkers (Post 6689766)
I am sold! I will buy one of these but the cost will be high. A fully loaded one of these will cost between 65K and 70K. I will need 15K to put the recommended 20 percent down for one. That puts me in well equipped Corvette range or low end Porsche range. I hope this GT350 will be worth the money! The current version is nice but it is just a giant engine with seats. I need more than a big engine with a seat FORD!

I'm curious, do you intend to track the car or is it just a preference for a light handling machine?

I admit the GT500 can seem ponderous as it trades handling for outright speed but its capable of doubling any suggested speed limit in a turn and can easily land you a reckless driving ticket on just about any road from speed alone. Its my observation that while it doesn't seem to exceed most peoples expectations it exceeds their capability.

Originally Posted by db2797 (Post 6689629)
I'm going to say something that I'm sure will be controversial :stirpot: but I really hope the next SVT has an auto. I've been a Manual guy my entire life, and have currently have a MT V6. But now I also own an auto GT, and while MT's are fun to drive, they have just really fallen behind when it comes to performance driving. Nothing matches these modern auto's. After driving my AT GT at the track it now feels like I'm shifting in mud and rocks trying to drive my V6.

They need to, while I don't really check out the transmission when I spot a ZL1 from what I hear most of them left the lot with a slush box.

Originally Posted by Overboost (Post 6689667)
Hood scoop feeds air to the rotors?!? Re-read that. This isn't an F12 Ferrari. Likely, they chose to use a setup similar to the C7 Corvette and previous SVT vehicles, where the hood venting helps with heat extraction and provides grip up front, and the fender vents help mitigate brake cooling and provide additional grip. They are NOT connected.

I wonder if the fender vents are there for the brakes and built up pressure in the wheel well, the problem there is picking up crap flung off by the wheels and dispersing it down the sides of the car, especially from a wet surface unless Ford has some way to separate the crud from the air but that brings about another problem with having to dump the separated crap from the car. My bet if they are functional, its additional venting for heat and pressure under the hood.

Anyways, I was checking out the rear brakes, nice to see a 4 pot set-up back there, hate to say it, but having Brembos or Brembo style brake calipers all the way around is justification enough to pony up the extra money for an SE due to the ease of brake jobs alone. I really hate the rear brakes with winding pistons.

TampaBear67 9/18/13 02:54 PM

The Hood and Side Vents Have Nothing to do with the Brakes. They are there to relieve built up heat and pressure under the hood. Cars have used them for decades. If there are any vents or scoops for the Brakes that air will be vented in from those massive inlets on either side of the bumper, under the headlights and directed toward the inboard side of the Brakes where it will pass over the rotors and be exhausted through the wheels.

Ryan Parrottino 9/18/13 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Vickstang (Post 6689300)
Hi-po version (whatever its gonna be called) spied! :metal: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851

Great find! I saw this a few days ago as well while driving across Woodward.

CCTking 9/18/13 11:11 PM

Im wondering if it will still come with the adjustable bilsteins or have a new set-up? Maybe partner with Eibach so it has great ride quality while also being a tad lower. Eliminate that wheel gap and youve got a killer stance!

laserred38 9/19/13 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by CCTking (Post 6689999)
Im wondering if it will still come with the adjustable bilsteins or have a new set-up? Maybe partner with Eibach so it has great ride quality while also being a tad lower. Eliminate that wheel gap and youve got a killer stance!

You guys don't realize that wheel gap is not only a factor of suspension height. There's so many other factors. Have you ever looked underneath a BMW? The whole floor plan is designed to tuck all the components in to the body. I helped my buddy do an oil change on his 04 330i. The exhaust had its own routing, the driveshaft had its own tunnel, etc. The whole under body was flat, and the components that usually hang down on a Mustang, were all tucked up and out of the way, nice and neat. That allows the car to sit lower because nothing is in the way or will bottom the car out. I was so jealous. He had less wheel gap than me, and I'm on coilovers. He was stock. My cats are like 2" off the ground.

Twin Turbo 9/19/13 02:51 AM

Yeah, my '03 E46 330i Sport has a much better stance (stock!) than my Mustang lowered on Ford Racing springs.

Twin Turbo 9/19/13 03:08 AM

I'm hoping we get to see the video soon, as I want to hear the "fantastic rumble" coming from this beast, especially if this is the GT350 and it does sport a flat plan crank :)

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2817/9...1bf45f98_h.jpg

AWmustang 9/19/13 08:36 AM

Looks to me like the wheel gap isn't much changed from the current model. You can see where the camo is creased by the edge of the wheel opening and it a decent distance away from the top of the wheel.

Clino 9/19/13 08:50 AM

It looks like it has a wider body much like the the Need For Speed Mustang, which doesn't seem unlikely given the size of those tires! And perhaps a similar hood scoop to the current GT350???

creedog 9/19/13 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by mustang_lurkers (Post 6689766)
I am sold! I will buy one of these but the cost will be high. A fully loaded one of these will cost between 65K and 70K. I will need 15K to put the recommended 20 percent down for one. That puts me in well equipped Corvette range or low end Porsche range. I hope this GT350 will be worth the money!

I was wondering the same thing. I am curious as to the estimate most would have regarding price from Ford? Then you need to factor in the market mark up from the dealers. Where would this land the price to the consumer? Perhaps 75-80K? I really would like to own one but not at that price point.

thePill 9/19/13 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by The_Munk (Post 6689760)
that fusion/evo grill looks 100% better without the lower grill/opening whatever that thing is called

Wait a minute now, you have to see the one with the lower jaw too before you say that...

https://sphotos-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/h...26075148_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...34288379_o.jpg

mustang_lurkers 9/19/13 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by bob (Post 6689780)
I'm curious, do you intend to track the car or is it just a preference for a light handling machine?

I admit the GT500 can seem ponderous as it trades handling for outright speed but its capable of doubling any suggested speed limit in a turn and can easily land you a reckless driving ticket on just about any road from speed alone. Its my observation that while it doesn't seem to exceed most peoples expectations it exceeds their capability.

They need to, while I don't really check out the transmission when I spot a ZL1 from what I hear most of them left the lot with a slush box.

I wonder if the fender vents are there for the brakes and built up pressure in the wheel well, the problem there is picking up crap flung off by the wheels and dispersing it down the sides of the car, especially from a wet surface unless Ford has some way to separate the crud from the air but that brings about another problem with having to dump the separated crap from the car. My bet if they are functional, its additional venting for heat and pressure under the hood.

Anyways, I was checking out the rear brakes, nice to see a 4 pot set-up back there, hate to say it, but having Brembos or Brembo style brake calipers all the way around is justification enough to pony up the extra money for an SE due to the ease of brake jobs alone. I really hate the rear brakes with winding pistons.

No I don't plan on tracking the car just as I don't track the current car that I have now but I will drive it in a spirited fashion. Mustangs in the past looked great and got you great performance for real cheap and that was great when I was 20. I am older now ann I want more than just a big engine with seats. My 2005 mustang has cruise control, power windows, power door locks, interval wipers....BIG DEAL :( My father had a 1978 T-Bird that had the same features and a bigger engine (351) 5.8 in it to boot. It is time to move in to the 21st century, no more solid rear axel and upgrade the interior and add all the bells and whistles. I can handle 60K or 70K to pay for a car but I am not going to buy another mustang unless it is worth it but I think the new Shelby GT 350 will be. I know people will say "Why not buy a 14 GT 500 and get 662 HP" but that car is just a bigger engine with seats and a half *** version of sync added on top of it. If it were just about power I would invest in a new engine and transmission until I got 700 hp but I would still be stuck in the past adding an FM modulator for Sirius, riding with a blue tooth device in my ear, stuck with a GPS unit on the wind shield, rear axle hopping as I corner hard on a bumpy road, manually adjusting my seat back etc etc etc :(:screwy:

The_Munk 9/19/13 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by thePill (Post 6690156)
Wait a minute now, you have to see the one with the lower jaw too before you say that...

https://sphotos-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/h...26075148_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...34288379_o.jpg

Nope, still feel the same way. its that shape, it looks too jolly to me... -----> \'_'_'_'_'_'_'_'/ I would perfer it like this /'_'_'_'_'_'_'_'\ or ('_'_'_'_'_'_'_')
{thats the only way I could explain it}

Fenderaddict2 9/19/13 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo (Post 6690017)
Yeah, my '03 E46 330i Sport has a much better stance (stock!) than my Mustang lowered on Ford Racing springs.

Same here. Boss on lowering springs still not as hunkered down as my '09 335i Coupe. Always thought the need to accommodate the live axles full range of motion was the issue, but as pointed out it may be more than that.

SteelTownStang 9/19/13 05:44 PM

... any word when Ford is actually going to unveil the '15?

bob 9/19/13 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by mustang_lurkers (Post 6690171)
No I don't plan on tracking the car just as I don't track the current car that I have now but I will drive it in a spirited fashion. Mustangs in the past looked great and got you great performance for real cheap and that was great when I was 20. I am older now ann I want more than just a big engine with seats. My 2005 mustang has cruise control, power windows, power door locks, interval wipers....BIG DEAL :( My father had a 1978 T-Bird that had the same features and a bigger engine (351) 5.8 in it to boot. It is time to move in to the 21st century, no more solid rear axel and upgrade the interior and add all the bells and whistles. I can handle 60K or 70K to pay for a car but I am not going to buy another mustang unless it is worth it but I think the new Shelby GT 350 will be. I know people will say "Why not buy a 14 GT 500 and get 662 HP" but that car is just a bigger engine with seats and a half *** version of sync added on top of it. If it were just about power I would invest in a new engine and transmission until I got 700 hp but I would still be stuck in the past adding an FM modulator for Sirius, riding with a blue tooth device in my ear, stuck with a GPS unit on the wind shield, rear axle hopping as I corner hard on a bumpy road, manually adjusting my seat back etc etc etc :(:screwy:

Heh :D, well if the rumors are true, the GT350 will have a big engine, its supposed to displace 5.3 or 5.4 liters while the GT will be getting a 5.0 . I don't know how Ford is going about getting the extra displacement. It might be a proprietary design only marginally based off of the coyote or a coyote derivative taken to the extreme.

However, I understand what you are saying, your after a much higher level of refinement and the panache of a very high tech luxury performance vehicle like the M3 and its high revving 4.0 liter V8.

rhumb 9/19/13 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by bob (Post 6690338)

Heh :D, well if the rumors are true, the GT350 will have a big engine, its supposed to displace 5.3 or 5.4 liters while the GT will be getting a 5.0 . I don't know how Ford is going about getting the extra displacement. It might be a proprietary design only marginally based off of the coyote or a coyote derivative taken to the extreme.

However, I understand what you are saying, your after a much higher level of refinement and the panache of a very high tech luxury performance vehicle like the M3 and its high revving 4.0 liter V8.

I think Ford will be striving for a much higher level of, well, everything on the '15 than the '05. The latter reflected the "good enough" attitude that pervaded Ford back then. The '05, while a really good car and immense improvement over the neolithic SN95, was nonetheless hobbled by some significant compromises that reflected low penny-pinching over high value.

However, Ford of late really has been striving for and quite often achieving world-class "greatness" and I think Ford really will swing for the fences with this car. I suspect that whatever modest increase in price will be far more than offset by much greater overall value.

Yeah, it might cost a few more bucks but you'll be getting much more car for each buck than now -- again, the difference between low price and high value.

bob 9/19/13 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by rhumb (Post 6690366)
I think Ford will be striving for a much higher level of, well, everything on the '15 than the '05. The latter reflected the "good enough" attitude that pervaded Ford back then. The '05, while a really good car and immense improvement over the neolithic SN95, was nonetheless hobbled by some significant compromises that reflected low penny-pinching over high value.

However, Ford of late really has been striving for and quite often achieving world-class "greatness" and I think Ford really will swing for the fences with this car. I suspect that whatever modest increase in price will be far more than offset by much greater overall value.

Yeah, it might cost a few more bucks but you'll be getting much more car for each buck than now -- again, the difference between low price and high value.

We'll see, still like my Shelby's with a big (relative to the more common V8 Mustang) V8 :p

I'll be glad when something more concrete appears for the next SVT car. if its 55k and matches the acceleration of the current GT500 and can wrangle with a Corvette Stingray on a road course that would be a helluva deal in my book. 65-70k not so much. Hell if Ford is planning on benching the Z/28 with more conventional technology that would be really encouraging seeing as how the Z/28 has to use some pretty racey stuff to achieve its mission (CC brakes, spool valve dampers, et al).

El Coyote GT/CS 9/20/13 12:46 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Vickstang (Post 6689300)

I don't know about this. It looks like a tent on wheels. They should call it the "Burka 350" or something sexy like that! This middle-east stuff is getting out of control...

Attachment 145833

I've heard those Kevlar blankets can stop a 37mm round! But I just don't see where they're gonna mount one or two of these babies:

Attachment 145834

Anyway, I bet they'll sell at least a couple dozen of them when they finally come out.

t-fatty 9/20/13 05:05 AM

^^ OK guy:screwy: ^^

FordBlueHeart 9/20/13 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by El Coyote GT/CS (Post 6690444)
I don't know about this. It looks like a tent on wheels. They should call it the "Burka 350" or something sexy like that! This middle-east stuff is getting out of control...

Attachment 145833

I've heard those Kevlar blankets can stop a 37mm round! But I just don't see where they're gonna mount one or two of these babies:

Attachment 145834

Anyway, I bet they'll sell at least a couple dozen of them when they finally come out.

Oooh, how would I choose? I'll take the uncovered device in the 3rd picture.:nice:

mustang_lurkers 9/20/13 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by bob (Post 6690428)
We'll see, still like my Shelby's with a big (relative to the more common V8 Mustang) V8 :p

I'll be glad when something more concrete appears for the next SVT car. if its 55k and matches the acceleration of the current GT500 and can wrangle with a Corvette Stingray on a road course that would be a helluva deal in my book. 65-70k not so much. Hell if Ford is planning on benching the Z/28 with more conventional technology that would be really encouraging seeing as how the Z/28 has to use some pretty racey stuff to achieve its mission (CC brakes, spool valve dampers, et al).

The Shelby GT 350 base price will set out a little lower than the GT 500 because it will not be as powerful but it will be well equiped as a flag ship top tier model is expected to be. With that said it will still be very expensive and if you price a loaded 2014 GT 500 they run 66k to 70K. Electronics pkg, glass roof, track pack etc... all the goodies Ford knows we all want. I never go by the base price because who really ever wants the stripped out version of anything. Chevy is a master of it and you go look at the new Sting Ray and wow you can get one for 51k but to get one with the 3lt package and nice goodies it is 70K. Here is my formula for buying a mustang. 2015 Mustang V6 30K = NO!, 2015 Mustang 4CYL ecoboost 35k = NO!, 2015 Mustang GT Coyote V8 40-45K = nice but still NO!, 2016 Shelby GT-350 Engine ???? 60-70K depending on the power and goodies maybe!

mustang_lurkers 9/20/13 08:38 AM

The mustang formula for me has changed. Back when you bought a cheap mustang which was basically an engine with seats AKA fox body, SN-95 and the S-197 stangs you could usually buy a mustang for about $100 or less per horse power. This applies to even to the current mighty GT-500. I priced a fully loaded coupe with glass roof, track pack, performance upgrade, recaro seats, shaker sub, navigation with everything for 66,500 and at 662 hp I still beat the $100 dollar per hp rate! I think this formula will change with the new car and I think that it will be more expensive since the car is going up market but by how much I dont know.

Fords4Ever 9/20/13 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by El Coyote GT/CS (Post 6690444)
I don't know about this. It looks like a tent on wheels. They should call it the "Burka 350" or something sexy like that!

I think that unless there's a vert under that tent, those hoping for a fastback style will be disappointed. I won't because I don't want a HUGE rear end, I want lean and low.

Dave07997S 9/20/13 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by db2797 (Post 6689629)

Even if its a true auto instead of a DCT (Dual Clutch Tranny) it would be nice. I drove a new BMW F30 335i with the BMW performance pack that had the 8 spd. auto with paddle shifters. Unbelievable tranny, I was so impressed. It banged off shifts almost just as quick as a DCT tranny but with 8 forward gears that car was always in the sweet spot.

Dave

Twin Turbo 9/21/13 02:31 AM

Yep, gotta say I'd take an SVT variant with an auto (with paddle shifters). I'm guessing we'll get carry over 6-speeds, but it'll be interesting when the 9/10 speed autos come along :)

Fords4Ever 9/21/13 11:04 PM

If it has 2 doors it should have 3 pedals! :D

rodriguez256 9/22/13 12:43 AM

Options are always nice. People who prefer manuals can still have what they want. No need to force others to have it. Especially when you pay that much for a car.

Fords4Ever 9/22/13 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by rodriguez256 (Post 6691204)
Options are always nice. People who prefer manuals can still have what they want. No need to force others to have it. Especially when you pay that much for a car.

I actually agree with you but what I'm afraid of is automakers going the other way. For example the new jaguar F-Type is only available as an auto or the Nissan GTR, same thing. Most people aren't tracking their cars so I don't care if the dual clutch auto shifts a thousandth of a second faster...

You should be able to have your X-Box paddle shifter option but I still want three pedals so I can feel more engaged - IMHO

rodriguez256 9/22/13 11:23 AM

I agree. However I can't see ford ever following that trend. Ford and Mustang are too much of an American icon to lay waste to a manual transmission IMO.

MosesTheMustang 9/23/13 12:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I like the side profile!

CCTking 9/23/13 12:29 PM

Is it kust me or do those brakes look bigger? Especially the rears

Overboost 9/23/13 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by CCTking (Post 6691721)
Is it kust me or do those brakes look bigger? Especially the rears

All I see is rotor on the side profile pic. Not a bad thing at all!

bob 9/23/13 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo (Post 6690917)
Yep, gotta say I'd take an SVT variant with an auto (with paddle shifters). I'm guessing we'll get carry over 6-speeds, but it'll be interesting when the 9/10 speed autos come along :)

Might see a 7 spd since the Corvette is using a triple OD M7 Tremec transaxle, the guts of which can hopefully easily be carried over to a regular trans as the outgoing C6 used a transaxle based on the TR6060.

I don't think I'd care for a triple OD M7, but it would be nice if it was a double OD M7 with the first five gears setup for maximizing acceleration and top end.

K.Lysius 9/26/13 09:15 AM

S550 SVT Mustang Caught on Video

Weird, saw that Mustang6g is down but this just popped up on my youtube from their page.

Anyways, this thing sounds insane.:metal::metal::devil:

Source: Mustang6g

BigRed412 9/26/13 09:21 AM

Private vid?

K.Lysius 9/26/13 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by BigRed412 (Post 6692938)
Private vid?

**** it was available a few minutes ago.

Twin Turbo 9/26/13 09:32 AM

I can see it...........and hear it :metal:

Nice find. I've been hitting F5 on M6G all day and even emailed Admin in the hope it'd be up soon. I need my fix!

If that's a flat plane crank V8, it's the best sounding one I've ever heard :cool:

Of course, one (conspiracy) theory is that the video was posted on the site and then a couple of black Lincoln Navigators turned up at M6G HQ.......and the rest is history :( :stirpot:

Ethanjbeau 9/26/13 10:44 AM

It's certainly got some nice sized rubber on it. Oh and sounds nice too.

Automagically 9/26/13 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo (Post 6692942)
I can see it...........and hear it :metal: Nice find. I've been hitting F5 on M6G all day and even emailed Admin in the hope it'd be up soon. I need my fix! If that's a flat plane crank V8, it's the best sounding one I've ever heard :cool: Of course, one (conspiracy) theory is that the video was posted on the site and then a couple of black Lincoln Navigators turned up at M6G HQ.......and the rest is history :( :stirpot:

More like x pipe than flat plane

K.Lysius 9/26/13 12:08 PM

I'm still amazed it sounds that good on a cell phone video.

druice 9/26/13 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Automagically (Post 6692979)
More like x pipe than flat plane

I agree. I took a quick listen to some stock GT500 videos, and it does seem like a x pipe kind of sound.

Originally Posted by K.Lysius (Post 6693016)
I'm still amazed it sounds that good on a cell phone video.

Seriously, right?! :drool:

If it really sounds that good from the factory, sign me up. I'll figure out the $ later.

Ryan Parrottino 9/26/13 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by K.Lysius (Post 6692937)
Weird, saw that Mustang6g is down but this just popped up on my youtube from their page. Anyways, this thing sounds insane.:metal::metal::devil: Source: Mustang6g Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgRjVdJYgrk

Sounds amazing!!! Come sooner..

bones302 9/26/13 01:44 PM

just crapped my pants....sounds real evil.

db2797 9/26/13 03:48 PM

oh wow!! yeah...there's a very high probability that is going to be my next car. :devil:

Topnotch 9/26/13 04:01 PM

Link to more pics...

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/201...py-photos-news

Standman38637 9/26/13 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Ethanjbeau (Post 6692975)
It's certainly got some nice sized rubber on it. Oh and sounds nice too.

If I'm seeing that right, those are 295/35ZR19's on the front :metal:

Moosetang 9/26/13 04:58 PM

http://www.lamebook.com/wp-content/u.../09/oh-my.jpeg

Free Agent 9/26/13 05:56 PM

Sounds awesome, but...

Does anyone else think it is strange that Ford is testing the 2016 GT350 the same time as the 2015 base and GT? Seems like it would be coming along later than this if it isn't due until 2015 as a 2016 model year. Could there be a chance that this would also make it for the 2015 model year? And could there be a chance that this could also be just the GT, not the GT350. Any guesses?

The_Munk 9/26/13 06:04 PM

DAMM CAMO!! I cant even tell how the true shape of the back is. It looks so unproportional

rmurer 9/26/13 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Free Agent (Post 6693137)
Sounds awesome, but...

Does anyone else think it is strange that Ford is testing the 2016 GT350 the same time as the 2015 base and GT? Seems like it would be coming along later than this if it isn't due until 2015 as a 2016 model year. Could there be a chance that this would also make it for the 2015 model year? And could there be a chance that this could also be just the GT, not the GT350. Any guesses?

i had this same thought as well. seeing both tested almost at the same time has me wondering.

Ryan Parrottino 9/26/13 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by rmurer (Post 6693148)
i had this same thought as well. seeing both tested almost at the same time has me wondering.

From what I heard we shall see both models the first year

Fenderaddict2 9/26/13 06:49 PM

Hit the 50th hard with a Mustang for everyone.

rmurer 9/26/13 07:20 PM

i would love to be able to afford a svt or whatever they end up calling it.

SVTJayC 9/26/13 07:39 PM

Where was that filmed, Bartertown?

lime05 9/26/13 07:44 PM

Great vid. Sounds mean!

Overboost 9/26/13 07:48 PM

C&D has a new batch of photos up, and one caught my attention:

http://media.caranddriver.com/images...-s-986x603.jpg

Carbon brakes are being tested! Woo! Also not a 295 TIRE on the FRONT.

Link to other pics:
http://www.caranddriver.com/photo-ga...py-photos-news

rmurer 9/26/13 08:50 PM

Holy brakes batman.

Automagically 9/26/13 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Overboost (Post 6693192)
C&D has a new batch of photos up, and one caught my attention: Carbon brakes are being tested! Woo! Also not a 295 TIRE on the FRONT. Link to other pics: http://www.caranddriver.com/photo-ga...py-photos-news

I don't know what to say other than WICKED!

eric n 9/26/13 10:23 PM

OUT-FREAKIN'-STANDING!!! I wonder what the gt350 will cost. Will it be less than the current gt500???? Has there been much informed conjecture about this?

TheDivaDanielle 9/26/13 10:52 PM

doesn't really seem any different than the current sound.

TheDivaDanielle 9/26/13 11:07 PM

Trying to read the tire size and it's evident that this is a smaller car...

Reason??

Tires are a 295/30R19

That's only a 26" tall tire. The current car rolls around on nearly 28" tall tires.

Smaller car coming....