2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

Next Bullitt?

Search this Thread

Old 4/1/14, 09:49 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OP not green enough, imo. Also I never really fully warmed to the Bullitts. A little too understated and not powerful enough imo. If Ford does one I'd like to see more separation from the GT in terms of looks and power, unless I'm simply misunderstanding the point of the car.
Old 4/1/14, 10:48 AM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Wink

I am surprised Ford has not knocked out a Bullit version of the 2014 Mustang. I would think a Bullit Mustang would be one of the least expensive Special Edition Mustangs to produce. I would think Ford could sell a couple of thousand .
Old 4/1/14, 01:49 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by radioguy1
They are still working on the final design of the "Fusion Fastback" badge
Or you just have nothing better to post. Since "fusion fastback" is all you have to contribute to anything.
Old 4/1/14, 07:49 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by conv_stang
Or you just have nothing better to post. Since "fusion fastback" is all you have to contribute to anything.
Right? It's bordering on Troll Status...

Last edited by TampaBear67; 4/1/14 at 07:50 PM.
Old 4/2/14, 06:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 777 Likes on 567 Posts
I like green cars
I like green eggs and ham
Old 4/2/14, 10:23 AM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

Ford should bring out another version of the Bullit Mustang. The Bullit Mustang does not have to be the ultimate high performance Mustang. It just has to be a good performing Mustang that looks cool. Should be cost effective and easy for Ford to bring out a new Bullit Mustang. There are enough Bullit enthusiast waiting to buy one.
Old 4/2/14, 10:49 AM
Post *****

Originally Posted by 2 Go Snake
Ford should bring out another version of the Bullit Mustang. The Bullit Mustang does not have to be the ultimate high performance Mustang. It just has to be a good performing Mustang that looks cool. Should be cost effective and easy for Ford to bring out a new Bullit Mustang. There are enough Bullit enthusiast waiting to buy one.
As cool as the Bullitts of the past have been (and believe me when I say I really dig em gee, I wonder why ), I really want to see them stop using it as a specific model. Rather than create a few niche models so some people can associate themselves with the movie, why not create a car where everyone feels that connection?

Aston Martin doesn't offer a "James Bond Package" but most casual observers associate the two in their mind when they see one anyway. I think it would be way sweeter if that sort of association could exist; when every mustang you see on the road could have Steve McQueen in it instead of just a few select examples.

And before everyone clamors that a Mustang isn't an Aston Martin, I realize that. I just think the level of connection those cars have with their culture icons is innately stronger in every example, and the brand definitely gains prestige because of it. Using that same sort of advantage (albeit in a different direction) for the Mustang would be an awesome sales tool as well as a way to further improve the image of the car to casual observers

But thats all just my opinion
Old 4/2/14, 12:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by future9er24
As cool as the Bullitts of the past have been (and believe me when I say I really dig em gee, I wonder why ), I really want to see them stop using it as a specific model. Rather than create a few niche models so some people can associate themselves with the movie, why not create a car where everyone feels that connection? Aston Martin doesn't offer a "James Bond Package" but most casual observers associate the two in their mind when they see one anyway. I think it would be way sweeter if that sort of association could exist; when every mustang you see on the road could have Steve McQueen in it instead of just a few select examples. And before everyone clamors that a Mustang isn't an Aston Martin, I realize that. I just think the level of connection those cars have with their culture icons is innately stronger in every example, and the brand definitely gains prestige because of it. Using that same sort of advantage (albeit in a different direction) for the Mustang would be an awesome sales tool as well as a way to further improve the image of the car to casual observers But thats all just my opinion

I'd venture it could even be an always available option package, special order only. Call it 402B and run with it. The MCA, Cali Special and Pony Packages have long been overdue for a supplemental option package!
Old 4/2/14, 02:05 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
I wish they'd just offer Dark Ivy Green (Dark Highland Green) as a standard color on ALL Mustang models. (would look great on the S550) We don't need a Bullitt 'edition'. The previous Bullitts weren't worthy of the original anyway. They didn't have the relative performance to be associated with the movie car. I don't mean to bash the cars. In fact I LOVED the look of the '08(?) and would have bought one in '05 if they offered it. That dark green is my favorite color on a Mustang, especially a 65/66. And the toned down, no badges, blank grille look is EXACTLY what I like.

To me a modern version of the Bullitt movie car would be a stripped down version with a LOT more power than a standard GT power and it wouldn't be a special edition and it certainly wouldn't say Bullitt on it anywhere.

So to Ford I say bring back Dark Ivy Green and make it easier to remove badges, trim, & other doo dads that clutter up the look of the car.

[flame suit on]

PS: The car Autoblog is calling a possible Bullitt is simply a dirty Guard car. Duh.

Last edited by StangNut; 4/2/14 at 02:07 PM.
Old 4/2/14, 02:14 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by StangNut
I wish they'd just offer Dark Ivy Green (Dark Highland Green) as a standard color on ALL Mustang models.

So to Ford I say bring back Dark Ivy Green and make it easier to remove badges, trim, & other doo dads that clutter up the look of the car.

[flame suit on]

PS: The car Autoblog is calling a possible Bullitt is simply a dirty Guard car. Duh.

Except Ivy Green Metallic ('66) isn't the same as Highland Green ('68).
Attached Thumbnails Next Bullitt?-shelby-mustang-gt350-1966-ivygrn.jpg  
Old 4/2/14, 02:56 PM

Never knew that. Thanks. And thanks for the pic. That's one of my favorite Mustangs of all time.
Old 4/2/14, 03:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Except Ivy Green Metallic ('66) isn't the same as Highland Green ('68). .
Either way, a dark green should be offered, and not only on a Bullitt package. Now that Ford *has* offered two Bullitt editions though, you can bet that they won't offer another similar option again. Guard doesn't count. It's dark gray with a green tinge, not dark green. The Emerald, offered on the Taurus, would look amazing on a Mustang!
Old 4/2/14, 04:07 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by laserred38
Either way, a dark green should be offered, and not only on a Bullitt package. Now that Ford *has* offered two Bullitt editions though, you can bet that they won't offer another similar option again. Guard doesn't count. It's dark gray with a green tinge, not dark green. The Emerald, offered on the Taurus, would look amazing on a Mustang!
I think Guard is their attempt at offering a dark green of sorts to at least please some.

IIRC, Ford has made a big deal that DHG will ONLY be available for Bullitt owners. That was part of the SE package exclusivity. (Even though you could get the same green on F150...)

Last edited by cdynaco; 4/2/14 at 04:09 PM.
Old 4/2/14, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by cdynaco
I think Guard is their attempt at offering a dark green of sorts to at least please some.

IIRC, Ford has made a big deal that DHG will ONLY be available for Bullitt owners. That was part of the SE package exclusivity. (Even though you could get the same green on F150...)
Another good reason to offer Dark Ivy Green instead.
Old 4/2/14, 04:26 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by StangNut
Another good reason to offer Dark Ivy Green instead.
Or buy an F150.
Old 4/2/14, 08:34 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Is it me or does the rear tri bar pony emblem somewhat resemble the Phil Clark tri bar? Maybe it is just the angle.
Old 4/9/14, 10:58 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by TampaBear67
Right? It's bordering on Troll Status...
No troll...had a 2011 Mustang V6 vert and now have a 2013 Mustang GT vert. I just don't think the 2015 looks like a Mustang. It looks like a homogenized copy of a lot of other cars..including the Fusion. If that "floats your boat," then great for you. If the GT350 has a significantly different look, I will buy one early on. If not, I'll wait a while for the next restyling, and then decide. All people that disagree with you are not trolls
Old 4/9/14, 04:26 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by radioguy1
No troll...had a 2011 Mustang V6 vert and now have a 2013 Mustang GT vert. I just don't think the 2015 looks like a Mustang. It looks like a homogenized copy of a lot of other cars..including the Fusion. If that "floats your boat," then great for you. If the GT350 has a significantly different look, I will buy one early on. If not, I'll wait a while for the next restyling, and then decide. All people that disagree with you are not trolls
No but people who only post Fusion Coupe are.
Old 4/9/14, 09:58 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by conv_stang
No but people who only post Fusion Coupe are.
Precicely!

Disagree All You Like but Have a Valid Argument. Just because You've owned a couple of Mustangs doesnt Exempt someone from being a Troll. Constantly reffering to the 2015 as a Fusion Coupe Does because it is Ridiculous! This car has MUSTANG Written All Over It!

Last edited by TampaBear67; 4/9/14 at 10:42 PM.
Old 4/9/14, 10:48 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by TampaBear67
Precicely! Disagree All You Like but Have a Valid Argument. Just because You've owned a couple of Mustangs doesnt Exempt someone from being a Troll. Constantly reffering to the 2015 as a Fusion Coupe Does because it is Ridiculous! This car has MUSTANG Written All Over It!
And posting it on every thread about the car lmao.

Quick Reply: Next Bullitt?