2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

How many miles on your new 2015 Mustang when you took delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 12/29/14, 09:02 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MuddyLX
Been checking local dealers, and seeing over 50 and up to 150 miles on some new GT's. Just curious how many miles were on your new stang at delivery? I would love to find a sub 10 mile car at a dealer, but feel ordering it is the only way to ensure minimal miles.

If you want a sub 10 mile 2015 Mustang I suggest that you talk to your local Ford dealer and tell him that you want to order a Mustang based on your choice of color, options etc. and tell him to not fill up the Mustang with gas prior to you taking delivery.

It is standard practice for Ford dealerships to provide new car purchasers with a full tank of gas and in some cases the valet drivers/sales personnel decide to go to the furthest gas station or in other cases some dealerships are not close to a local gas station so they can rack up some extra miles on the car.

Also, if you local Ford dealer has a car already ordered and coming in with respect to color, options etc. that your want I am sure that he can make sure that when the car comes off of the transporter that it will not be either test driven or taken to the local gas station for a fill up.

I took delivery of a 2015 Mustang a couple of weeks ago and it had 6.1 miles on it when it came off of the transport truck.

If you are willing to wait for exactly what you want I would suggest you order a car from your local dealer giving him all of your delivery instructions.

Good luck.
Old 12/29/14, 12:29 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,138 Likes on 1,719 Posts
Originally Posted by PP0001
If you want a sub 10 mile 2015 Mustang I suggest that you talk to your local Ford dealer and tell him that you want to order a Mustang based on your choice of color, options etc. and tell him to not fill up the Mustang with gas prior to you taking delivery.

It is standard practice for Ford dealerships to provide new car purchasers with a full tank of gas and in some cases the valet drivers/sales personnel decide to go to the furthest gas station or in other cases some dealerships are not close to a local gas station so they can rack up some extra miles on the car.

Also, if you local Ford dealer has a car already ordered and coming in with respect to color, options etc. that your want I am sure that he can make sure that when the car comes off of the transporter that it will not be either test driven or taken to the local gas station for a fill up.

I took delivery of a 2015 Mustang a couple of weeks ago and it had 6.1 miles on it when it came off of the transport truck.

If you are willing to wait for exactly what you want I would suggest you order a car from your local dealer giving him all of your delivery instructions.

Good luck.

I factory ordered my first S-197 which was a 2005 GT premium.. It had the color choice and options that I wanted, and it had only 7 miles on her when i took delivery !
Old 12/29/14, 08:26 PM
GT Member

I couldn't stand to wait. Now the proud owner of a 2015 GT Premium PP loaded with all the options except the anniversary package. 120 miles on the odo. I know the dealership will stand behind it so I feel real good about it.
Old 12/30/14, 07:25 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 100 Likes on 61 Posts
When my ordered 2014 was delivered to my dealer it had 75 miles on it. I was like huh? The dealer questioned it as well. I can only assume that it was tested by the factory but there was no note in the car stating it was tested so who knows.
Old 12/31/14, 08:03 PM
V6 Member

Custom ordered w/ 20.2 miles on the odo.
Old 12/31/14, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by VidPro
When my ordered 2014 was delivered to my dealer it had 75 miles on it. I was like huh? The dealer questioned it as well. I can only assume that it was tested by the factory but there was no note in the car stating it was tested so who knows.
Ask your dealer if they can find that out for you from the factory
Old 12/31/14, 11:54 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i checked the mileage on my LE today and it shows 6.7 miles on it as delivered to the dealer
Old 1/1/15, 11:33 AM
GT Member

Smile FINALLY

New Race Red GT premium 20" rims 264/35x20 tires, 401A, 3.55, auto (wife can't drive a stick)...built 01 December, at dealer 27 Dec, rail shipped 6.9 miles on odometer, took delivery 29 December. VERY NICE car...7th Mustang.

Last edited by Music man in Pcola; 1/1/15 at 11:35 AM. Reason: forget to include miles at delivery.
Old 1/1/15, 02:02 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 100 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Ask your dealer if they can find that out for you from the factory
I'm a little irritated by my dealer since my hood corrosion debacle. It would seem that there should be a way to find out without the dealer in the middle. If it was tested I wanted the note. I think it's kind of cool. The day it came up delivered on the Ford site I called the dealer who said it was still on the truck. It was only a couple days after that I picked it up.
Old 1/1/15, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Music man in Pcola
New Race Red GT premium 20" rims 264/35x20 tires, 401A, 3.55, auto (wife can't drive a stick)...built 01 December, at dealer 27 Dec, rail shipped 6.9 miles on odometer, took delivery 29 December. VERY NICE car...7th Mustang.
Congrats Dave ! Now lets see some pics and Happy New Year to you
Old 1/1/15, 02:14 PM

I'm a little irritated by my dealer since my hood corrosion debacle. It would seem that there should be a way to find out without the dealer in the middle. If it was tested I wanted the note. I think it's kind of cool. The day it came up delivered on the Ford site I called the dealer who said it was still on the truck. It was only a couple days after that I picked it up.
I see what you mean concerning the hood corrosion debacle, as my previous 05 GT had the same problem..

You can always go through a different dealership who's more understanding and willing to work with you, but if not, contact Deysha on here and she'll be able to contact Ford corporate on your behalf and find out for you
Old 1/2/15, 07:16 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I couldn't stand to wait. Now the proud owner of a 2015 GT Premium PP loaded with all the options except the anniversary package. 120 miles on the odo. I know the dealership will stand behind it so I feel real good about it.
That’s great, MuddyLX! Congrats and enjoy!

That was a weird case, VidPro. As we spoke before fact that it had 75 miles on it seemed completely normal for a vehicle that was selected at the factory for quality checks/runs. There is normally a paper inside the vehicle stating so.

Originally Posted by Music man in Pcola
Woo hoo! Congrats on your ride, Music man in Pcola! To make it even better, it shares my birthday!

I see what you mean concerning the hood corrosion debacle, as my previous 05 GT had the same problem..

You can always go through a different dealership who's more understanding and willing to work with you, but if not, contact Deysha on here and she'll be able to contact Ford corporate on your behalf and find out for you
Thanks for the mention, m05fastbackGT. We addressed this back when his vehicle arrived.

Deysha
Old 1/2/15, 07:26 AM
GT Member

My 13 had 760 miles on it..... The dealer I bought it from was over a 1000 miles away. We met in the middle and I gave him my trade and drove off with the Pony!
Old 1/2/15, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by FordService
That’s great, MuddyLX! Congrats and enjoy!

That was a weird case, VidPro. As we spoke before fact that it had 75 miles on it seemed completely normal for a vehicle that was selected at the factory for quality checks/runs. There is normally a paper inside the vehicle stating so.

Woo hoo! Congrats on your ride, Music man in Pcola! To make it even better, it shares my birthday!

Thanks for the mention, m05fastbackGT. We addressed this back when his vehicle arrived.

Deysha
YW Deysha !
Old 1/3/15, 07:43 PM
GT Member

Thanks Deysha. One thing I know from 3.5 decades of V8 Mustang ownership. They are all tons of fun to drive!
Old 1/3/15, 11:12 PM

Mine had 19 when I backed it off truck
Old 1/4/15, 10:03 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Cptchuck
Mine had 19 when I backed it off truck
That sounds fun. How do you get in those cars without dinging the doors?

I once drove a 1990 Honda Pilot (off road buggy) up to the top of a car hauler. Driver was scared to try in my buggy. It was fun but only got to do it once.
Old 1/4/15, 06:56 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When we picked up the little woman's special order GT premium last friday, it had 3.6 miles on it. When we ordered it, I told the salesman- NOBODY was to drive it, and don't even think about putting on the F'ing ft license plate bracket.
Old 1/4/15, 07:09 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by elfiero
When we picked up the little woman's special order GT premium last friday, it had 3.6 miles on it. When we ordered it, I told the salesman- NOBODY was to drive it, and don't even think about putting on the F'ing ft license plate bracket.
That's the way to do it. Mine came with the front license plate in the trunk with some screws that would make herpes look good compared to the hole it makes.
Old 1/5/15, 03:04 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
YW Deysha !

Thanks Deysha. One thing I know from 3.5 decades of V8 Mustang ownership. They are all tons of fun to drive!
You’re very welcome! They sure are, MuddyLX!

Deysha

Quick Reply: How many miles on your new 2015 Mustang when you took delivery?