2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

GT350 heritage

Search this Thread

Old 8/18/14, 08:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GT350 heritage

Hey guys been a looong time. Last time I logged in was Feb of 2010! Speculation of the new GT350 has my attention. The GT350's heritage would do it for me. Now having said that is this new model seen on the track going to be the 350/350R? I can't find anything reliable. The last shelby GT350 was $27k over the base price....with the shelby name. If ford is aiming for the $45-50k range, even without the shelby name markup, it better have enough punch.

I've had my 06 since well.....06.....last new car. Does anyone know if there was a waiting period for the first Boss 302's? I'm thinking about getting a new SE within a year, if its ready, but wonder if it would take longer. Wouldn't be ready to buy until I see the model/reveal anyway. Also will this new model have a few different color options? Again, don't know how ford has been treating their new models. Since its not likely to be shelby I'm not sure what to expect.
Old 8/18/14, 09:49 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To be honest, we really know nothing about this car, it's all rumors and speculation. The GT350 you're referring to was built by Shelby American. They basically took a GT, sent it to Nevada and transformed it in to a GT350. The last GT500 was created by SVT, it was a Ford product. It wasn't really built by Shelby. Shelby American discontinued the GT350 name and replaced it with the Shelby GT, which is a good indication Ford is naming the new car the GT350.

We really don't know pricing either, however, a regular GT coupe tops out at about 45K. So expect to see a GT350 well over 50K. Some prototypes have been spotted with carbon ceramic brakes. These can be really expensive themselves, some are over 10K, or what my car cost! I would expect this to be part of a track package, but again, speculation.

I'm a little confused on what you mean by a waiting period. Usually the car is unveiled, a few months later it will become available to order, then sometime after that the car will enter production. And yes, there should be different colors to select. Hope I helped, let me know if you have any other questions!
Old 8/18/14, 10:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Being that I could afford my $45k GT (well okay, the deal was for $37k, but hey who's counting lol), I am sure I will be able to afford a $44-50k GT350. I hope so. If they don't offer it with the Pano Roof though, it's not happening. I'll keep my 14.
Old 8/19/14, 06:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by zincmach1
To be honest, we really know nothing about this car, it's all rumors and speculation. The GT350 you're referring to was built by Shelby American. They basically took a GT, sent it to Nevada and transformed it in to a GT350. The last GT500 was created by SVT, it was a Ford product. It wasn't really built by Shelby. Shelby American discontinued the GT350 name and replaced it with the Shelby GT, which is a good indication Ford is naming the new car the GT350.

We really don't know pricing either, however, a regular GT coupe tops out at about 45K. So expect to see a GT350 well over 50K. Some prototypes have been spotted with carbon ceramic brakes. These can be really expensive themselves, some are over 10K, or what my car cost! I would expect this to be part of a track package, but again, speculation.

I'm a little confused on what you mean by a waiting period. Usually the car is unveiled, a few months later it will become available to order, then sometime after that the car will enter production. And yes, there should be different colors to select. Hope I helped, let me know if you have any other questions!

Yeah this does help. I remember a few years ago when you could order the GT500 but it wouldnt arrive at your door for 6 months? Thats the waiting period I was referring to.
Old 8/19/14, 08:01 PM
GT Member

You can do it for any car. The waiting period really depends. Say the 2015 was unveiled back in December and ordering came available in May. You order it that day but not might get it until late September because the car just started production yesterday. Ford also produces the retail cars first and the ordered cars after.

Now if you were to order later on, like my dad for his 2014, production is already well underway and the wait may only be 1-2 months. You could wait for the GT350 to show up on the lots, but ordering is a better option so you can pick every option you want and it is truly the car you wanted. Usually there's limited allocations for these cars, so it would be best to order the day it becomes available. It might not even hurt to visit some local Ford dealers and see who you like best.

Just keep an eye on this forum for more information about what the car will offer, the price and order dates.
Old 8/20/14, 06:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Good advice. Ill reach out to a few dealers then. I think id be ready to order anytime, as longs as ford doesnt both something major.

One last question. Can you order directly from ford and just have it shipped to the dealer? If I ask around about an SE I'm sure the local dealers will have one hell of a markup. That is each may be different.

Last edited by fastmover05; 8/20/14 at 06:23 PM.
Old 8/20/14, 09:01 PM
GT Member

Unfortunately you can't. But if you do contact any dealers, you could ask about the mark ups. If they're unsure, ask them if they marked up their 50th LE's. That would be a good sign.
Old 8/21/14, 05:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by zincmach1
Unfortunately you can't. But if you do contact any dealers, you could ask about the mark ups. If they're unsure, ask them if they marked up their 50th LE's. That would be a good sign.

Thats a good idea, well do thanks!