2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

Golf bags in Ecoboost Premium Trunk

Search this Thread

Old 2/10/15, 07:52 AM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Golf bags in Ecoboost Premium Trunk

I have an Ecoboost Premium on order, which means there will be a subwoofer on the right side of the trunk. On my previous two Mustangs, golf bags in the trunk had to be put in a certain way but they could be put in accross the trunk, near the opening. Can you place a golf bag accross the trunk with the subwoofer? Or do you have to do something like take the driver out to make it fit or fit it diagonally accross the trunk. Right now I have to drop one of the seats down in my Focus to store my golf bag, which is not something I like to do.
Old 2/10/15, 08:15 AM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Do what I did. Go to your dealer and either bring a tape measure or bring the golf bags. I spent some time meausreing for other Mods. It paid off.
Old 2/10/15, 08:21 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Jazzman442
Do what I did. Go to your dealer and either bring a tape measure or bring the golf bags. I spent some time meausreing for other Mods. It paid off.
I couldn't agree with the above post more. I play hockey and I brought my gear back to every car I test drove. Hockey gear is some the foulest smelling stuff in the world but it helped me narrow down my choices. If any hobby is important to you, make sure your car can handle it.
Old 2/10/15, 08:31 AM
GT Member

I took a driver with me when I ordered my Mustang to get an idea if it would fit. it looked like across would be tight feet and at a diagonol it looked like it would fit. I am checking to see if someone that has one can give me a real life update.
Old 2/10/15, 09:09 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My EcoBoost Premium should get here in 6 days (still a huge wait), I can take pics for you then.

Now that this thread comes up I'm curious how my clubs will fit.
Old 2/10/15, 01:18 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by hschade
My EcoBoost Premium should get here in 6 days (still a huge wait), I can take pics for you then.

Now that this thread comes up I'm curious how my clubs will fit.
Thanks. Looking at the trunk when I placed my order, it looks a lot bigger than my 2006 and 2010 Mustangs. There is no longer the hump with the change to IRS. With both, I had to put the clubs in a certain way to get them through the opening and to fit.
Old 2/10/15, 02:21 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Put one of the seats down
Old 2/10/15, 03:03 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by JeffreyDJ
Put one of the seats down
That is what I currently do with my Focus. That can be a PITA to constantly do every time I load and unload my clubs. Also that restricts where I stop when I have them in my car as the bag is visible. It would cost around $5000 to replace my clubs and everything in my bag ( GPS, prescription Oakley glasses and sunglasses, etc.). So I am very protective and watchful of my golf clubs. I look at my clubs like others on this forum look at all of the mods they have on their Mustang.
Old 2/10/15, 03:05 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by 15BluStang
That is what I currently do with my Focus. That can be a PITA to constantly do every time I load and unload my clubs. Also that restricts where I stop when I have them in my car as the bag is visible. It would cost around $5000 to replace my clubs and everything in my bag ( GPS, prescription Oakley glasses and sunglasses, etc.). So I am very protective and watchful of my golf clubs. I look at my clubs like others on this forum look at all of the mods they have on their Mustang.
Got it, makes sense. If you have measurements, I can measure the trunk of mine - I do have the sub in the trunk.
Old 2/10/15, 03:15 PM
GT Member

Now I almost feel embarrassed about my $350.00 set of clubs.
But I'm just a casual golfer, so not too embarrassed.
Old 2/10/15, 03:17 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by JeffreyDJ
Got it, makes sense. If you have measurements, I can measure the trunk of mine - I do have the sub in the trunk.
I took my driver with me to get an idea when I went to place my order. This weekend the weather is not going to be very good so I just might head to my dealer with my bag and try it out on one of the cars they have in stock. I was just hoping someone that already got their Mustang could let me know what found.
Old 2/21/15, 08:22 PM
GT Member

5 days since I got my mustang, so I'm a little later than I said I would.
But here are pics of my golf clubs in the trunk.

I don't have my caddy on it or anything, so w/ any "extras" on the bag, could be tricky.
Attached Thumbnails Golf bags in Ecoboost Premium Trunk-2015_mustang18.jpg   Golf bags in Ecoboost Premium Trunk-2015_mustang19.jpg  
Old 2/21/15, 08:51 PM
GT Member

5 days since I got my mustang, so I'm a little later than I said I would. But here are pics of my golf clubs in the trunk. I don't have my caddy on it or anything, so w/ any "extras" on the bag, could be tricky.
Thanks for the pictures. Looks like there is a lot of room for the clubs and luggage without having to put the seat down. With my previous Mustangs, it was always a tight fit.
Old 2/21/15, 08:57 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Golf is so frustrating

You should just put the bags under the rear tires and go back and forth a few times
Old 2/21/15, 09:04 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Golf is so frustrating

You should just put the bags under the rear tires and go back and forth a few times
LOL!

Your taking it too seriously then.
We typically play a beer a hole and every stroke over par you take a drink.
We usually JUST finish the front nine.
Old 2/22/15, 07:06 AM
GT Member

Now I almost feel embarrassed about my $350.00 set of clubs.
But I'm just a casual golfer, so not too embarrassed.
Better than my $100 walmart clubs!

I am terrible. I have more fun drinking beer and driving the cart.
Old 2/24/15, 11:30 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

It's even more fun when the beer cart swings by when you are just out of beer. At least they fit. hschade that Magnetic looks tempting. Do you have any other pics of it?
Old 2/25/15, 06:36 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Stevedotmil
It's even more fun when the beer cart swings by when you are just out of beer. At least they fit. hschade that Magnetic looks tempting. Do you have any other pics of it?

We always feel lucky when the beer cart happens by as things are drying out. Our game usually still does not improve though.

Yes I do have more pics! In my intro thread "... from Idaho" and in the Magnetic color thread.

But for your enjoyment pleasure here are some too:
Attached Thumbnails Golf bags in Ecoboost Premium Trunk-2015_mustang24.jpg   Golf bags in Ecoboost Premium Trunk-2015_mustang25.jpg   Golf bags in Ecoboost Premium Trunk-2015_mustang31.jpg  
Old 3/24/15, 05:13 AM
GT Member

It is a tight fit, but they do fit.
Attached Thumbnails Golf bags in Ecoboost Premium Trunk-img_0167.jpg  
Old 3/24/15, 08:06 AM
V6 Member

It is a tight fit, but they do fit.
This is a very significant photo! Thanks! It is even better because they are shown fitting in a DIB Mustang. Everything is better in a DIB Mustang!

You may want to post some of your photos in the DIB thread so others can see the beauty as well.

Congratulations on your adoption. Mine is still about 3 weeks off but keeps edging closer with every day!

Edit: never mind, I see you already did that! Great!

Last edited by wildsailor; 3/24/15 at 08:10 AM.

Quick Reply: Golf bags in Ecoboost Premium Trunk