2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

Easy exit/entry question

Search this Thread

Old 2/18/15, 11:34 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Easy exit/entry question

I'm really liking the "easy exit/entry" feature. One of those features I did not know I wanted.
Makes it easy(er) to exit and enter the vehicle, just like the feature name implies.

The thing I do find irritating about it, or maybe I don't know how to use it right, is....
Once I'm in and start my car (on closing the door would be better to me even), why does my seat not move back up to the last position it was at?
Or go to the position 1 setting?

Why does the seat stay all the way back? Is this all it is supposed to do?
I have only quickly, if you can even call it that, looked at the owners manual so far.
Old 2/18/15, 12:44 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I've turned mine off, but when I had it on (and how it works in my wife's explorer) it moves back to the last seating position.
Old 2/18/15, 02:30 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by JeffreyDJ
I've turned mine off, but when I had it on (and how it works in my wife's explorer) it moves back to the last seating position.
My F150 does the same as the Explorer, as long as I use the same key each time. Even the little features such as side mirrors, pedal position, and my preferred temps go back in case I let someone use it (always with the spare) and it is very nice to have.

According to the information in the owners manual on page 112, using the .pdf version as I have not taken delivery yet, it states that it will return to the position after the ignition is turned on. It doesn't state anything about being able to turn one on or off without the other.
Old 2/18/15, 02:42 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by KStev
My F150 does the same as the Explorer, as long as I use the same key each time. Even the little features such as side mirrors, pedal position, and my preferred temps go back in case I let someone use it (always with the spare) and it is very nice to have.

According to the information in the owners manual on page 112, using the .pdf version as I have not taken delivery yet, it states that it will return to the position after the ignition is turned on. It doesn't state anything about being able to turn one on or off without the other.

Finished looking it up in the owners manual.
I had to "link" a FOB to my setting. Now when I start up the seat does move back to where I want it.
Old 2/21/15, 05:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

If you get in the car and touch the start button, without pressing the clutch pedal, the seat will move into your last saved position, UNLESS you manually move the seat after you turned the car off, such as to give a rear seat passenger a little extra room to get in and out. In that case, the seat will remain where you left it, requiring a manual press of a preset.

Last edited by kn7671; 2/21/15 at 05:54 PM.
Old 2/21/15, 07:55 PM
GT Member

That is what I have found out too kn7671.
And if I start the car while it is moving up then it stops the seat moving.
Little things to get used to.
Old 2/22/15, 05:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The only thing 'predictable' about the memory seats in my wife's Escape was that the seat would go where you told it when you pressed the button. You never knew what you were gonna get when you opened the car. It didn't necessarily stay at 'last location'.
Old 3/3/15, 12:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
If you get in, and start it up, and nothing moves, simply press the memory button you have selected, and everything returns to your pre-set selection.
I move my mirrors when parking, and every so often, I need to hit the button to get them back.