2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

Details of options on the 2015

Search this Thread

Old 5/27/14, 03:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Details of options on the 2015

Would the "All-Weather Floor Mats" be weatherTech's Floor Liner?

Would the Spare wheel and tire match your rims?

Premier Trim with Colour Accent Group?
● Charcoal Black interior
● Colour accented seats
● Unique door-trim
● Aluminum I/P panel
Doesn't the Premium models come with leather seats? what benefit is this add-on? Colour accented seats? I/P Panel?
Old 5/27/14, 04:08 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
WeatherTech-no
Rubber mats

Spare-no
It would be a black steel rim with either full sized or donut spare tire

Premier Trim-Yes there is standard leather and the upgraded seats.
See the current model for an idea on what the changes could look like.
Different stitching and a colour stripe etc.
Old 5/28/14, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Boomer

Spare-no
It would be a black steel rim with either full sized or donut spare.
I dont believe you are correct on this one. This option specifically is prohibited with certain wheel otions, if you were correct on this the prohibition makes no sense ie: cant get this otion with option 649 20" wheels, likely because this wheel wont fit in the spare tire well. Im sure the base car comes with a donut spare tire, I believe the option give you a full size spare with matching wheel.
Old 5/28/14, 05:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by KlousGT
I dont believe you are correct on this one. This option specifically is prohibited with certain wheel otions, if you were correct on this the prohibition makes no sense ie: cant get this otion with option 649 20" wheels, likely because this wheel wont fit in the spare tire well. Im sure the base car comes with a donut spare tire, I believe the option give you a full size spare with matching wheel.
If it's like the current car, it will be a mini-spare. It helps to keep the weight down and increase cargo area. It is likely it doesn't come on the GT performance pack car because a mini-spare probably would contact the larger Brembo brakes. It doesn't explain why you can't get the spare with the 20" wheels, but I guess it is to offset the weight increase from those wheels.
Old 5/28/14, 06:34 PM
I Have No Life

Or if you're staggered
Old 5/28/14, 06:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Or if you're staggered
The 20s are a square setup though...
Old 5/28/14, 09:18 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by laserred38
The 20s are a square setup though...
Wasn't specifically talking about that setup.
Old 5/28/14, 09:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Wasn't specifically talking about that setup.
Ah I see, but the spare tire isn't available with the 20s though...just a strange omission if they're square setup don't you think?
Old 5/30/14, 09:47 AM

Doesn't $200 sound expensive for a steel rim tire?
Old 5/30/14, 10:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Don't bother with leather seats. They're so cheap anymore... My friend's Hyundai has better seats. It's pathetic
Old 5/30/14, 10:11 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by nbad
Doesn't $200 sound expensive for a steel rim tire?

Nope, not when a space saver can cost anywhere from 100 to 270 bucks a tire sans rim.
Old 6/9/14, 04:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
SPARE TIRE OPTION

Ford has used a "temorary mini-doughnut" in the Mustang since at least 1994 ... the spare tire well (again since at least 1994) can't take a full size tire / wheel. So NO ... there WILL NOT BE A FULL SIZE SPARE in ANY 2015 Mustang.

In order to fit down in the spare tire well, the mini-doughnut is not only skinnier but also QUITE A BIT smaller in diameter than the road wheels/tires.

Also, road tire diameter DOES NOT CHANGE (other than minimally) between all the Mustang factory wheel/tire options ... all that changes is the distance between the rim and the road.

The only thing that limited the Spare Tire option in the S197's was the Brembo Brake Package as Ford did not have a mini-spare available to fit over the front brakes. That and they probably figured most people opting for the Brembo's would not want the spare anyway.

Funny though you could not get a spare with the 2013-14 V6 Performance Package even though it used the same brakes as a base GT. Probably the same thinking as the Brembo GT ... V6 PP buyers would not want a spare either.

Why Ford decided to make the Spare "not available" with the 2015 20" wheel option is beyond me.

The opt. GT Spare should also fit the Ecoboost PP, as the brake up-grade on it is to the base GT brakes which obviously can take a spare. Again likely same thinking as Brembo GT & PP V6 ... Ecoboost PP buyers will likely not want the spare anyway.

For 2011, Ford did not have a temporary spare option for the V6 (other than fleet sales and Canada) ... this was the FIRST TIME EVER a V6 came with the Inflator Kit instead of a spare. Only way to get a spare was to buy all the individual pieces Over-The-Counter and it was like $300-400 total (list price). After many complaints, Ford finally caved and offered an O-T-C Spare Tire Kit for around $200 sometime during the 2012 MY and then in 2013 put a spare back in all V6 models (except PP).

The "KIT" was not available when I got my 2011 V6, so I bought both a complete jack kit and never used temp spare from a 2007~09 GT off of E-bay and paid around $169 (the going rate at the time) or just $5 less than the 2015 Invoice adder for a BRAND NEW Temp Spare & Jack kit.

So IMO the price on the 2015 Mustang Spare Option is very reasonable !!

Doug
Old 6/9/14, 05:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by orange3.9stang
Ford has used a "temorary mini-doughnut" in the Mustang since at least 1994 ... the spare tire well (again since at least 1994) can't take a full size tire / wheel. So NO ... there WILL NOT BE A FULL SIZE SPARE in ANY 2015 Mustang. In order to fit down in the spare tire well, the mini-doughnut is not only skinnier but also QUITE A BIT smaller in diameter than the road wheels/tires. Also, road tire diameter DOES NOT CHANGE (other than minimally) between all the Mustang factory wheel/tire options ... all that changes is the distance between the rim and the road. The only thing that limited the Spare Tire option in the S197's was the Brembo Brake Package as Ford did not have a mini-spare available to fit over the front brakes. That and they probably figured most people opting for the Brembo's would not want the spare anyway. Funny though you could not get a spare with the 2013-14 V6 Performance Package even though it used the same brakes as a base GT. Probably the same thinking as the Brembo GT ... V6 PP buyers would not want a spare either. Why Ford decided to make the Spare "not available" with the 2015 20" wheel option is beyond me. The opt. GT Spare should also fit the Ecoboost PP, as the brake up-grade on it is to the base GT brakes which obviously can take a spare. Again likely same thinking as Brembo GT & PP V6 ... Ecoboost PP buyers will likely not want the spare anyway. For 2011, Ford did not have a temporary spare option for the V6 (other than fleet sales and Canada) ... this was the FIRST TIME EVER a V6 came with the Inflator Kit instead of a spare. Only way to get a spare was to buy all the individual pieces Over-The-Counter and it was like $300-400 total (list price). After many complaints, Ford finally caved and offered an O-T-C Spare Tire Kit for around $200 sometime during the 2012 MY and then in 2013 put a spare back in all V6 models (except PP). The "KIT" was not available when I got my 2011 V6, so I bought both a complete jack kit and never used temp spare from a 2007~09 GT off of E-bay and paid around $169 (the going rate at the time) or just $5 less than the 2015 Invoice adder for a BRAND NEW Temp Spare & Jack kit. So IMO the price on the 2015 Mustang Spare Option is very reasonable !! Doug
Good to see you posting again Doug!