2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

Detailed interior shots 10/1/13

Search this Thread

Old 10/1/13, 08:04 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by db4z
Looks like it could possibly have three round air vents above the center stack as you can kind of make out the left and center indentations peaking out of the cover. Seems like a reasonable differentiation change from the last two s197 interiors.
Good, one thing I liked about the 05-09 S-197 interior are the round HVAC registers, simple and rugged.

In my 91 the registers on the center stack fell apart and the vents would get hot in he summer while the cold AC would cool down the registers in the center stack and they would fly out and hit you in the face while driving.
Old 10/1/13, 09:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
These shots reveal an AMAZING interior - I'm really excited to see the final product. "capture Import conquest buyers" was a key directive in development for sure!

Love how the whole package is finally coming together: wider/lower/smaller all around with more or less same interior dimensions w/ lower overall weight, up to date all-independent suspension, DI coyote w/ better MPG, that 'euro' NVH/interior construction from the Fusion/Focus/Fiesta none of that old Bronco FoMoCo plastic...

Push button start, BLIS, GT-R style toggle switches...F*ck the Genesis or the Camaro those are just boring and overpriced...they're going after '4-series' buyers who remember when they were fine with an odd number and are tired of paying the BMW CAFE fees.

Last edited by JPMotorSport; 10/1/13 at 09:27 PM.
Old 10/1/13, 11:53 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by JPMotorSport
DI coyote
Wishful thinking? Conjecture? Or confirmed?
Old 10/2/13, 12:05 AM

Not digging the a/c section of buttons. Reminds me of a late 90's GM... (think Grand Am). Also, why so many notches around the volume button? That will be a nightmare to keep the dust and grime out.
Old 10/2/13, 12:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't want to be a debbie downer, but I'm not really feeling the fit and finish; particularly of the buttons/controls. If I had stumbled across these pictures without knowing they were part of the new Mustang, I'd have assumed this was the interior or a new Camaro or Corvette. Especially with that rear seat pattern. The '10-14 interior was a new benchmark in Mustang interior... this feels like a step back.

That said, I LOVE the paddle shifters, toggle switches, and push button start.
It's been 2 years since I got my Bullitt rebuild up and running (somewhat), and ever since day one, I've been wanting to install toggle switches and a push button start.... and here it is coming in a production Mustang. I love it.
Old 10/2/13, 01:52 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by black_bullitt
I don't want to be a debbie downer, but I'm not really feeling the fit and finish; particularly of the buttons/controls.

No need to be down, Debbie

Whilst the design may be to production spec in terms of looks, it won't be in terms of quality and finish. Look at how "OFF" on the toggle switch, it looks like it was applied with a marker pen.....the bottom of the Fs are squiggly.

I think it's going to look stunning once in full production-spec trim
Old 10/2/13, 02:24 AM
FR500 Member

The 6G folks say they don't know if it's a manual or an auto. To me, I clearly see an auto stick with a large push button on top. The button has the same spherical profile of the handle, but is raised up by a few mm. The details have been blurred in the 'shop, but you can see the gap at the lower edge of the button facing towards the rear of the car.

Of course, the paddle buttons are the other obvious point...

Old 10/2/13, 05:47 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by PTRocks
The 6G folks say they don't know if it's a manual or an auto. To me, I clearly see an auto stick with a large push button on top. The button has the same spherical profile of the handle, but is raised up by a few mm. The details have been blurred in the 'shop, but you can see the gap at the lower edge of the button facing towards the rear of the car.

Of course, the paddle buttons are the other obvious point...

I thought that was clarified once the paddle shifters were pointed out.

Either way, the car has the following in plain sight:
-BLIS (on mirror)
-heated/cooled front seats
-steering wheel mounted paddle shifters
-MyFord Touch
-push button start
-adaptive cruise (left stalk and left lower buttons on wheel)

On any other Ford, this would be a Titanium trim. I don't see how this isn't a premium trim on the Mustang.

Last edited by Overboost; 10/2/13 at 07:03 AM.
Old 10/2/13, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by Overboost

Either way, the car has the following in plain sight:
-BLIS (on mirror)
-heated/cooled front seats
-MyFord Touch
-push button start
-adaptive cruise (left stalk and left lower buttons on wheel)

also, don't forget it's 2:02pm and 79 degrees.
Old 10/2/13, 06:25 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Hydro1
also, don't forget it's 2:02pm and 79 degrees.
How silly of me! Also, they're listening to Patriot Radio on Sirius.
Old 10/2/13, 06:49 AM
V6 Member

Really like what I'm seeing so far. Concerned that the rear seat is going to lose even more room than the currently useless back seat but I guess you don't buy a Mustang for rear seat comfort. Like the push button start, tap shift, heated/cooled seats and touch screen. Love the toggle switches, hope they stay.
Old 10/2/13, 06:53 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Looks like anyone with a kid or 2 may have to opt for a challenger.
Old 10/2/13, 06:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Free Agent
Really like what I'm seeing so far. Concerned that the rear seat is going to lose even more room than the currently useless back seat but I guess you don't buy a Mustang for rear seat comfort. Like the push button start, tap shift, heated/cooled seats and touch screen. Love the toggle switches, hope they stay.
How about you take pictures of your rear seat in the GTO and post them for comparison?
Old 10/2/13, 07:13 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by black_bullitt
I don't want to be a debbie downer, but I'm not really feeling the fit and finish; particularly of the buttons/controls. If I had stumbled across these pictures without knowing they were part of the new Mustang, I'd have assumed this was the interior or a new Camaro or Corvette. Especially with that rear seat pattern. The '10-14 interior was a new benchmark in Mustang interior... this feels like a step back.

That said, I LOVE the paddle shifters, toggle switches, and push button start.
It's been 2 years since I got my Bullitt rebuild up and running (somewhat), and ever since day one, I've been wanting to install toggle switches and a push button start.... and here it is coming in a production Mustang. I love it.
WHY DO PEOPLE CONTINUALLY THINK THIS IS A FINISHED PRODUCT.
Old 10/2/13, 07:14 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by FordBlueHeart
How about you take pictures of your rear seat in the GTO and post them for comparison?
I suppose I could. Just look up the specs on the dimensions and it tells you the story of rear seat room. I can sit comfortably in the back of my GTO with a reasonable amount of leg room and without having to slump in the seat to avoid hitting my head. I've sat in the back of the current Mustang and it is not even close to having the same amount of room. I'm only 5'9 and I feel like a circus clown bursting out the back of one of those tiny circus cars when I crawl out of the rear of the Mustang. Camaro is about the same as well. GTO was based on the Commodore sedan of the time and shows the rear seat leg, head and shoulder room. I don't expect the Mustang to offer the same. As I've said I wouldn't buy a Mustang for the back seat. As the father of a growing 12 year old having him sit in the rear on occasion is a concern but not a big one. We never use the back seat in our GTO anyway, that is what the G8 GT is for. If it loses back seat space, it isn't a deal breaker for me. It would just be nice to maintain OR gain a precious inch or 2 back there. It will be hard to do with the Mustang shrinking. I'll wait until official rear seat space numbers are released for the final verdict.
Old 10/2/13, 07:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Sad to see they're using MFT. MFT is on it's way out as Ford plans to implement more open source solutions
Old 10/2/13, 07:19 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by RedCandy5.0
Looks like anyone with a kid or 2 may have to opt for a challenger.
I've sat in the back of the Challenger as well. Definitely more room back there. It is on my short list. But the sheer mass of the thing turns me off. It is one fat pig that needs to lose weight. The 470 HP 6.4 Hemi really lights my flame but it needs to lose 300 pounds. I don't think it will for the 2015 refresh either, hence Mustang at the top of my list.
Old 10/2/13, 07:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Also, where do the keys go??? Push to start?
Old 10/2/13, 07:25 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Rando
Also, where do the keys go??? Push to start?
Yes, the one pictured has a stop/start button push button
Old 10/2/13, 07:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Free Agent
I suppose I could. Just look up the specs on the dimensions and it tells you the story of rear seat room. I can sit comfortably in the back of my GTO with a reasonable amount of leg room and without having to slump in the seat to avoid hitting my head. I've sat in the back of the current Mustang and it is not even close to having the same amount of room. I'm only 5'9 and I feel like a circus clown bursting out the back of one of those tiny circus cars when I crawl out of the rear of the Mustang. Camaro is about the same as well. GTO was based on the Commodore sedan of the time and shows the rear seat leg, head and shoulder room. I don't expect the Mustang to offer the same. As I've said I wouldn't buy a Mustang for the back seat. As the father of a growing 12 year old having him sit in the rear on occasion is a concern but not a big one. We never use the back seat in our GTO anyway, that is what the G8 GT is for. If it loses back seat space, it isn't a deal breaker for me. It would just be nice to maintain OR gain a precious inch or 2 back there. It will be hard to do with the Mustang shrinking. I'll wait until official rear seat space numbers are released for the final verdict.
This was my point. The GTO is the only coupe that I can think of that I wouldn't mind sitting in the back seat of.
I think the IRS design helps it by placing the seating position lower and tilted back for a natural recline. Post them pics!

Quick Reply: Detailed interior shots 10/1/13