Old 6/8/11, 10:51 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Auto Express's Take...I dig it!

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/au...rld_debut.html
Old 6/8/11, 11:40 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have beef with the tail lights but otherwise I gotta say I dig their G-stang 'chop.

PS: Their engine information appears slightly wonky. Nothing huge, but the displacements and power numbers appear off from what other sources have been indicating.
Old 6/8/11, 11:52 AM
Team Mustang Source

Kinda As(s)ton Like

Last edited by Topnotch; 6/8/11 at 11:53 AM.
Old 6/8/11, 12:13 PM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
I could grow to love it. It's certainly not offensive, but I'd prefer them to lose a little more of the Giugiaro concept (which I think these renderings are based on).

The rear is bold.....but I like it. The front needs to lose the slight "wrap-around" of the headlamps and keep the current sharknose.

I'd give it a 7.5 outta 10

Old 6/8/11, 01:31 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I like the rear on the Auto Express version of Guigaro's design. I HATE the Guigaro rearend.
Old 6/8/11, 01:43 PM
MOTM Committee Member

I like it but the front already looks dated
Old 6/8/11, 03:02 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by stangfoeva
I like it but the front already looks dated
Probably because a lot of those cues already made it into the 2010+ car
Old 6/8/11, 03:48 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by 06GT
Probably because a lot of those cues already made it into the 2010+ car
Agreed
Old 6/8/11, 03:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

I think it looks pretty cool. I also think the front end needs a bit of a refresh, particularly those Camaro fog lights.
Old 6/8/11, 06:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
A Mustang and a Camaro get married, have a kid, this is the result.

Sorry. All I see is Camaro bumper in back, Camaro 'hips', Camaro front end... with Mustang cues tacked on.

My verdict:

Last edited by houtex; 6/8/11 at 06:51 PM.
Old 6/8/11, 11:40 PM
Cobra Member

Yeah, not really a fan...
Old 6/9/11, 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by houtex
A Mustang and a Camaro get married, have a kid, this is the result.

Sorry. All I see is Camaro bumper in back, Camaro 'hips', Camaro front end... with Mustang cues tacked on.

My verdict:
^^ Yeah, what he said...
Old 6/9/11, 06:55 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like the tail lights.
Old 6/9/11, 09:03 AM

Hate the front needs to be a lot meaner looking. They need to go all out as far as looks go, other wise it will just blend in with all the other boring designs out there.
Old 6/9/11, 10:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Me likey this one better...I think by yasiddesign
Attached Thumbnails Auto Express's Take...I dig it!-2014mustang-1.jpg   Auto Express's Take...I dig it!-2014rear-1.jpg  
Old 6/9/11, 10:16 AM
Cobra R Member

Not half bad. Doesn't look much like any of the prototypes I was shown when I attended the next-gen Mustang focus group.
Old 6/9/11, 10:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Adam
Not half bad. Doesn't look much like any of the prototypes I was shown when I attended the next-gen Mustang focus group.
Any chance we could get you to sit down with a police sketch artist and give us a glimpse of what you saw?
Old 6/9/11, 10:22 AM
Team Mustang Source

Attached Images  
Old 6/9/11, 10:33 AM
Bullitt Member

I understand the need to make the Mustang a global car since there are a lot of factors that are making new car sales weak in the States, but I truly hope the Mustang stays a Muscle Car and doesn't turn into a sports car.

Topnotch, that front end looks like a Nissan GT-R - too weak in front to be a muscle car, IMHO.

The new Camaro? It is more muscle car than sports car, but it seems Chevy was trying to find a middle ground and it didn't work. The Chally is a true muscle car in every sense of the word, but definitely not a sports car. Right, now, the Mustang is a muscle car that beats most sports car in a straight line and around a track, so it wouldn't take a redo to make it keep straddling the line.

Just make it better - IRS? Okay, if it improves things. If it is just to shut up the complainers, then leave it live axle and keep kicking their butts with the "old technology". New engine choices? Sure, bring them on. EcoBoost, 4 cylinders, turbos, whatever. There will be few complaints as long as it is better than before. Just don't take a step back to satisfy the rest of the world.

please.

Last edited by VALCAD; 6/9/11 at 10:34 AM.
Old 6/9/11, 10:53 AM

I would take the Mustang back to it's distinctive "Pony Car" roots before it devolved, at times, into a "Muscle Car." In other words, rather than simple-minded blunt-force, brute-strength in an overstyled, oversized, overweight barge (Muscle Car), make it light, lithe, strong, balanced and stylish in an affordable package. The Mustang originally was sort of an American adaptation of a European sports coupe, originally, with its small revvy 289 supplanting the typical four or six banger found in its Continental cousins.

I think that iteration, the Pony Car, was and will be its most iconic and successful persona and the one that ought to characterize the NextStang.

PS. According to Auto Express:

"An insider revealed: “The design studios in Europe and Australia are working on it, as well as those in America. It will be smaller and closer in spirit to the original 1964 Mustang.”

Our illustrations give you a good idea of how the new ‘pony’ car will look. It’s leaner and ever so slightly smaller, but still very mean, and packs all the visual aggression for which the legendary model has been famous. This includes recessed headlamps, a traditional C-pillar and triple lens tail-lights.

Yet while it harks back to Sixties Mustangs, the new car will be the most technically advanced version ever. It will be far lighter than the current model, for improved fuel efficiency and reduced CO2 emissions.

Plus, for the first time, it’s set to feature independent rear suspension. As on the Chevrolet Camaro, this set-up replaces the decades-old live rear axle of the current car, and should mean better ride comfort and traction.

Power will come from a new 2.5-litre four-cylinder EcoBoost turbo with around 300bhp, while a range-topping 500bhp 5.4-litre V8 will be available, too. Six-speed manual and auto transmissions are likely to be offered with torque vectoring to keep the performance in check, while the handling is expected to be tuned by Jost Capito and his team at Ford’s Global Performance Vehicles arm.

As well as upping quality under the skin, Ford will have to pay attention to the materials used inside – current models fall behind their European rivals in terms of fit and finish. The move to make the Mustang a world car will be controversial.

Bosses will need to tread carefully so as not to alienate the model’s huge fan base – nearly 75,000 examples were sold in the US in 2010 – and still appeal to discerning UK buyers used to the BMW 3-Series Coupé and Audi A5.

But with Vauxhall’s VXR8, and the Monaro before it, proving that there’s room for powerful muscle cars in the line-up of a mainstream maker, Ford will be confident of success.

Quick Reply: Auto Express's Take...I dig it!