2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

Anyone else replacing their original 2005 with a 2015?

Old 1/19/14, 11:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DaGonz
Another reason I won't be buying a 2015 Mustang is dealer greed. When the S197's came out, dealerships in my area were marking up, on average the prices up to $5K over MSRP for the GT, $3K for the V6.

There is dealer greed for sure, but it's also a matter of customer demand. If the dealers decide to add $5K over MSRP and folks pay it, they'll keep doing it. Why wouldn't they? But if folks won't (or can't) pay that much, they simply won't buy the car at that price.

I didn't see $5K over MSRP with the 2005 when I bought mine, but I did see two local dealers charging $2K markup. But at least in here in CT, there are dozens of Ford dealers, so it was merely an extra 20 miles for me to find a dealer who was selling for MSRP and that's what I did.
Old 1/19/14, 12:49 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by wjones14

There is dealer greed for sure, but it's also a matter of customer demand. If the dealers decide to add $5K over MSRP and folks pay it, they'll keep doing it. Why wouldn't they? But if folks won't (or can't) pay that much, they simply won't buy the car at that price.

I didn't see $5K over MSRP with the 2005 when I bought mine, but I did see two local dealers charging $2K markup. But at least in here in CT, there are dozens of Ford dealers, so it was merely an extra 20 miles for me to find a dealer who was selling for MSRP and that's what I did.
No doubt , there will be various dealerships asking thousands above MSRP when the 15 models hit the streets. There are sucker customers that will be dumb enough to pay well above MSRP just to be have the newest so I say good for the dealerships. The price gouging will only last for a few customers and then rebates and MSRP prices will follow shortly after.
Old 1/19/14, 04:58 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Whammer
You won't be buying a Mustang...it's just another car with Mustang stamped on the side.
My first car was a 69 mach. I've had 2 of those, 2 65 convertibles, an 85 5.0, a 66 fastback, and a 2005. They were all mustangs and quite different. But, clearly you are the expert of what is and what is not a mustang.

When people say the irs makes it not a mustang, it reminds me of people saying that fuel injection makes it NOT A MUSTANG. Hell power windows make it not a mustang (according to some). More performance, more comfort, more tech certainly doesn't make a car not a mustang. Each generation has enjoyed each of these.

The 2015 will not be a mustang, it will be the best mustang ever made....until the next, more advanced, higher performing, more dependable mustang.
Old 1/19/14, 10:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Whammer
it's just another car with Mustang stamped on the side.
It doesn't have any stamping of the letters on the sides.
Old 1/19/14, 11:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

My 2005 is getting old, and I am looking with envy at the tech toys that my family and friends have with their Focus, Escape, and Fusion Titaniums. I want the MFT, the push button start, upgraded "star trek" interior, LCD screens, *and* the 5.0 engine!

Make mine a stick. I don't do slush box.

I do want the new body style, but I am willing to wait until the dealer greed subsides. In 2005 I had to order mine from Ford since all of the dealers around here were trying to gouge for $10k over MSRP. NONE would deal at all! They had really bad attitudes, like "here it is this is the price fork it over or get lost if you won't". I was able to pay "only" MSRP and counted myself fortunate at the time. However, that's the ONLY time in my life I have EVER paid MSRP and that ain't happening again! I kicked myself for years afterwards, especially when the prices came down and the available features were added (NAV, dual climate, heated seats, mood lighting, satellite radio, etc)

I can wait... My Pony has 116k miles and lots of life left in her. Too bad the interior is beginning to disintegrate though. Clutch is a little suspect too.
Old 1/20/14, 07:01 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mrkabc

My 2005 is getting old, and I am looking with envy at the tech toys that my family and friends have with their Focus, Escape, and Fusion Titaniums. I want the MFT, the push button start, upgraded "star trek" interior, LCD screens, *and* the 5.0 engine!

Make mine a stick. I don't do slush box.

I do want the new body style, but I am willing to wait until the dealer greed subsides. In 2005 I had to order mine from Ford since all of the dealers around here were trying to gouge for $10k over MSRP. NONE would deal at all! They had really bad attitudes, like "here it is this is the price fork it over or get lost if you won't". I was able to pay "only" MSRP and counted myself fortunate at the time. However, that's the ONLY time in my life I have EVER paid MSRP and that ain't happening again! I kicked myself for years afterwards, especially when the prices came down and the available features were added (NAV, dual climate, heated seats, mood lighting, satellite radio, etc)

I can wait... My Pony has 116k miles and lots of life left in her. Too bad the interior is beginning to disintegrate though. Clutch is a little suspect too.
You got another 120k miles easy in her. Lol. I would never pay MSRP for a car let alone over MSRP. That's for people who have silly money to throw away and be the first too have the latest and greatest. I was one who could always wait for the huge hype too subside and wait for it.
Old 1/20/14, 07:04 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I do want the new body style, but I am willing to wait until the dealer greed subsides. In 2005 I had to order mine from Ford since all of the dealers around here were trying to gouge for $10k over MSRP. NONE would deal at all!
I assume you meant you ordered as opposed to taking something off the lot, correct?
Old 1/20/14, 08:05 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DaGonz

Another reason I won't be buying a 2015 Mustang is dealer greed. When the S197's came out, dealerships in my area were marking up, on average the prices up to $5K over MSRP for the GT, $3K for the V6.
Originally Posted by SONICBOOST
Dealer greed indeed!

Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
No doubt , there will be various dealerships asking thousands above MSRP when the 15 models hit the streets. There are sucker customers that will be dumb enough to pay well above MSRP just to be have the newest so I say good for the dealerships. The price gouging will only last for a few customers and then rebates and MSRP prices will follow shortly after.

Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
You got another 120k miles easy in her. Lol. I would never pay MSRP for a car let alone over MSRP. That's for people who have silly money to throw away and be the first too have the latest and greatest. I was one who could always wait for the huge hype too subside and wait for it.
Hey guys, that is why, when the time gets closer to order the 2015s, AND (a BIG and), if Ford has the same program for dealers they did back when the 5 liters cames out (which gave us unlimited allocation for legitimate retail orders, as long as we sent a signed buyers order and license to Ford for confirmation), I plan on starting a thread on here, offering a price for forum members that WILL BE decently under MSRP.

That being said, if you want to make it easy for an order, sign up with Mustang Club of America 60 days before you take delivery of the car, and you'll get X-Plan for the car. And that will also cap Doc Fees at $100, despite what dealers charge (and some charge outrageous doc fees).

Now, some dealers will probably be stupid and not offer X-Plan on the Mustang, saying its a "new car" or that its "hard to get", or some BS the bad dealers always use, but I will honor an X-Plan deal (as long as Ford doesn't exclude them. They shouldn't, but they just have to update their vehicle list that are excluded from plan sales). I plan on offering X-Plan on the new 2015. I already have several orders from friends who are MCA members who will get X-Plan. If anyone is even thinking of ordering one, give me a call or send me a PM. Once I know if the dealer program is going to be on the new model, I'll let everyone else know.

Last edited by 05fordgt; 1/20/14 at 08:07 AM.
Old 1/20/14, 09:03 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey guys, that is why, when the time gets closer to order the 2015s, AND (a BIG and), if Ford has the same program for dealers they did back when the 5 liters cames out (which gave us unlimited allocation for legitimate retail orders, as long as we sent a signed buyers order and license to Ford for confirmation), I plan on starting a thread on here, offering a price for forum members that WILL BE decently under MSRP.
As always, you are THE MAN!
Old 1/20/14, 09:19 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Werd smilie
Old 1/20/14, 02:57 PM
Bullitt Member

That being said, if you want to make it easy for an order, sign up with Mustang Club of America 60 days before you take delivery of the car, and you'll get X-Plan for the car. And that will also cap Doc Fees at $100, despite what dealers charge (and some charge outrageous doc fees).

Now, some dealers will probably be stupid and not offer X-Plan on the Mustang, saying its a "new car" or that its "hard to get", or some BS the bad dealers always use, but I will honor an X-Plan deal (as long as Ford doesn't exclude them. They shouldn't, but they just have to update their vehicle list that are excluded from plan sales). I plan on offering X-Plan on the new 2015. I already have several orders from friends who are MCA members who will get X-Plan. If anyone is even thinking of ordering one, give me a call or send me a PM. Once I know if the dealer program is going to be on the new model, I'll let everyone else know.
Can we clone you to sell cars in Canada?
Old 1/20/14, 09:18 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mrsuitcase
Really, what he said. I would have had three Fords in the drive if dealers here acted this way. Instead I have a Mazda and a Dodge joining my Mustangs. I hope to add a 15+ performance variant but dread the upcoming dealer experience.
Old 1/23/14, 05:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
As always, you are THE MAN!
Thanks Tony. I really appreciate the kind words!!
Old 1/23/14, 05:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Mrsuitcase
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2
Really, what he said. I would have had three Fords in the drive if dealers here acted this way. Instead I have a Mazda and a Dodge joining my Mustangs. I hope to add a 15+ performance variant but dread the upcoming dealer experience.
Thanks guys!! I really do wish I could sell you cars, but I believe I cannot since I'm not a border state (if Ford even lets border states sell cars to customers in Canada, I'm not sure).
Old 1/23/14, 05:56 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I'm as sentimental with my 2006 as well...So I put the order in on August 15th 2005 and my car arrived on January 23rd 2006...I took it home a week later (Jan 31), and the eyes on my car that night were CRAZY!!! And since having that car, I started going to alot of car shows. And as life, wonderful things happen, I met my now fiancee at a car show back in the summer of '08 (she has a 2007 GT/CS). We started dating that December and its been wonderful ever since. Without my car, I would have never been at the show I met her at, as I didn't even know how to get there and never would have met her. That is why I'm so sentimental about my car. Get rid of/trade in-NO add to the garage -YES!!!
Just read this...awesome story Jeff!
Old 1/26/14, 01:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks Tony. I really appreciate the kind words!!

Hey, I live in the Seattle area...will you take my order, and deliver to a local dealer?
Old 4/7/14, 07:25 PM
V6 Member

My 05 has been a life changer. Met a lot of great mustang friends including Jeff. It has been a great bonding experience with my brother including a horrible accident that killed my brothers 08 stang. Jeff hooked him up with a 2011 MCA edition Mustang that makes me really want all the new technology. That being said I would probably keep it in the stable with my 65 and add a 2015 to the collection. I probably should just get the 65 up and running and not worry about a new one, but I really like the 2015's. When I do, I know that I'll be down to see Jeff liked he joked about when we picked up my brothers car.

Last edited by humster21; 4/7/14 at 08:02 PM.
Old 4/7/14, 07:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by humster21
My 05 has been a life changer. Met a lot of great mustang friends including Jeff. It has been a great bonding experience with my brother including a horrible accident that killed my brothers 08 stang. Jeff hooked him up with a 2011 MCA edition Mustang that makes me really want all the new technology. That being said I would probably keep it in the stable with my 65 and add a 2015 to the collection. I probably should just get the 65 up and running and not worry about a new one, but I really like the 2015's. When I do I know that I'll be down to see Jeff liked he joked about when we picked up my brothers car.
Hey buddy, how ya been. Hope everyone is good. You know I'll be more than happy to help you out when you are ready. You heard Al and Jackie are already on my list to order the 1st & 2nd car respectively. Just let me know and I'll add your name to the list
Old 4/7/14, 08:01 PM
V6 Member

Hey buddy, how ya been. Hope everyone is good. You know I'll be more than happy to help you out when you are ready. You heard Al and Jackie are already on my list to order the 1st & 2nd car respectively. Just let me know and I'll add your name to the list
I've been good, how about yourself? You know I'll be in contact with you when the time comes.
Old 4/7/14, 10:00 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm one of the guys who ordered a 2005, basically sight unseen, when the S197 first came out. It was my 3rd Mustang GT, after a red 1987 and a red 1995. Now it seems like Deja Vu all over again. When I first saw pictures of the S197 on the Internet, I wasn't sure I liked the design. Same thing with the reveal of the 2015 in December. I don't love that the 2015 looks more like my 1995 than the 2005, at least it looks that way to me. But, after months of looking at Internet pictures of the S197 it started to grow on me. And then seeing it in person totally changed my opinion. Likewise, the 2015 design is starting to grow on me the more I look at the pictures. And I'm guessing when I see it in person it's going to knock me out. Anyway, I've had the 2005 for almost 9 years now and still love it. 75,000 miles and it's never been back to the dealer. No problems ever, and it's been both a daily driver and a track day car. I seriously considered a new one when Ford went back to the 5.0. A couple years ago I even talked to a salesman at the local dealership, and they ended up ordering a white GT manual with Brembos and red leather because I said that was the car I was thinking about, even though I insisted I wasn't ready to order one. When the car came in it was gorgeous and I was definitely tempted, but just could not justify $35K when there was nothing wrong with mine, and there just wasn't enough of a difference in the cars. But with the 2015 total makeover, I'm ready and excited again. It'll be almost a whole year to wait, but I'm already constantly thinking about it - going back and forth with colors and options. Who else is looking forward to trading their beloved 2005 for a 2015?
I couldn't have said the words better myself. I'm in the same shoes. Except I owned my 05 for 6 years :-)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone else replacing their original 2005 with a 2015?