The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2015 - 2023 MUSTANG (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f806/)
-   -   Anyone else replacing their original 2005 with a 2015? (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f806/anyone-else-replacing-their-original-2005-2015-a-527418/)

wjones14 1/3/14 08:22 PM

Anyone else replacing their original 2005 with a 2015?

I'm one of the guys who ordered a 2005, basically sight unseen, when the S197 first came out. It was my 3rd Mustang GT, after a red 1987 and a red 1995.

Now it seems like Deja Vu all over again. When I first saw pictures of the S197 on the Internet, I wasn't sure I liked the design. Same thing with the reveal of the 2015 in December. I don't love that the 2015 looks more like my 1995 than the 2005, at least it looks that way to me.

But, after months of looking at Internet pictures of the S197 it started to grow on me. And then seeing it in person totally changed my opinion. Likewise, the 2015 design is starting to grow on me the more I look at the pictures. And I'm guessing when I see it in person it's going to knock me out.

Anyway, I've had the 2005 for almost 9 years now and still love it. 75,000 miles and it's never been back to the dealer. No problems ever, and it's been both a daily driver and a track day car. I seriously considered a new one when Ford went back to the 5.0. A couple years ago I even talked to a salesman at the local dealership, and they ended up ordering a white GT manual with Brembos and red leather because I said that was the car I was thinking about, even though I insisted I wasn't ready to order one. When the car came in it was gorgeous and I was definitely tempted, but just could not justify $35K when there was nothing wrong with mine, and there just wasn't enough of a difference in the cars.

But with the 2015 total makeover, I'm ready and excited again. It'll be almost a whole year to wait, but I'm already constantly thinking about it - going back and forth with colors and options.

Who else is looking forward to trading their beloved 2005 for a 2015?

pebkac 1/3/14 08:32 PM

Nope! Will not buy a first model year. Which is why I have a 2006. I will be waiting a few more years also on this one. Happily still modding this one to be what I want it to be....

2011 Kona Blue 1/3/14 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by pebkac (Post 6738759)
Nope! Will not buy a first model year. Which is why I have a 2006. I will be waiting a few more years also on this one. Happily still modding this one to be what I want it to be....

Let the fanatics get the first year so they can pay the most for it. The least rebates and most MSRP because its new and all the hype. The best deals will not be the 2015. Hold out till 2016 or 17 and the deals will be rolling in. Rebates will be in full effect by then. The hype will have slowed down some back to normal levels. More talk of the SVT and Mach 1 models will gain speed and focus more on that.

2011 Kona Blue 1/3/14 08:55 PM

Isn't it a bit odd the 2015 mustang v6 model will have 5 less hp and 10 less torque compared to the 11 to 14 models. The v6 is actually loosing power. I find that very strange. You would think the new v6 would be the same power or a few higher. Screwy.

wjones14 1/3/14 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue (Post 6738764)
Let the fanatics get the first year so they can pay the most for it. The least rebates and most MSRP because its new and all the hype. The best deals will not be the 2015. Hold out till 2016 or 17 and the deals will be rolling in. Rebates will be in full effect by then. The hype will have slowed down some back to normal levels. More talk of the SVT and Mach 1 models will gain speed and focus more on that.

No doubt, everything you say is true.

I just don't want to wait. I don't regret paying MSRP for my 05 for one second.

2011 Kona Blue 1/3/14 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by wjones14 (Post 6738789)

No doubt, everything you say is true.

I just don't want to wait. I don't regret paying MSRP for my 05 for one second.

And thank goodness for those who don't want to wait and want it now. Get those higher prices out of the way. Lol

wjones14 1/4/14 08:56 AM

First, this thread was really aimed at the folks who bought an '05 model new and still have it. We weren't afraid of a new model year, or paying close to MSRP for what we wanted.

Second, no one can tell the future. Will there be huge discounts on the 2016? I don't know that any more than you do. Would you have to wait until 2017 to get thousands off the MSRP? Maybe. And will the MSRP increase each year?

Again, you list very good reasons why many people will not rush to buy any car that is a new design and heavily hyped. The 2014 Corvette forums are full of the same thing.

On the other hand, does anyone doubt that the 2015 Mustang will outsell the 2011-14 Mustangs?

2011 Kona Blue 1/4/14 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by wjones14 (Post 6738936)
First, this thread was really aimed at the folks who bought an '05 model new and still have it. We weren't afraid of a new model year, or paying close to MSRP for what we wanted.

Second, no one can tell the future. Will there be huge discounts on the 2016? I don't know that any more than you do. Would you have to wait until 2017 to get thousands off the MSRP? Maybe. And will the MSRP increase each year?

Again, you list very good reasons why many people will not rush to buy any car that is a new design and heavily hyped. The 2014 Corvette forums are full of the same thing.

On the other hand, does anyone doubt that the 2015 Mustang will outsell the 2011-14 Mustangs?

It will definitely outsell the 11-14 models especially because its global sales. I think price will be a big factor for US sales. How much? I think it will depend on how many people decide to sell there current model mustangs to get the 15 model. Price price price. How much. Ford is getting people hyped up about the car but funny how price tag is not released. What's a base 4 banger or 5.0 gonna cost and that's gonna effect U.S. sales.

Getportfolio 1/4/14 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue (Post 6738767)
Isn't it a bit odd the 2015 mustang v6 model will have 5 less hp and 10 less torque compared to the 11 to 14 models. The v6 is actually loosing power. I find that very strange. You would think the new v6 would be the same power or a few higher. Screwy.

Agreed. Makes no sense. Personally, I think the V6 will get a tune and bump to 315. If they do make the 4 cylinder have more than the V6 then that would be a fail.

It's like McDonald's small fries having more in them than supersize fries. Not that I eat that crap. Just sayin.

Twin Turbo 1/4/14 10:27 AM

Replacing? That'd be tough as I love my '05 and she's part of the family..............but I love the look of the '15, too, so really want to add it to the stable.

Gorgeous :wub:

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/d0a1...tang-01-HR.jpg

Thomas S 1/4/14 12:20 PM

I don't think you have to worry as much about buying the first model year since the engines and transmissions are mostly carry covers with improvements. The 2.3 is new so that would be the only one I'd be hesitant about.

tom_vilsack 1/4/14 12:30 PM

I think your making a big mistake. The 2005 is a classic design,while the 2015 is just another generic (accord,genesis,infiniti q50-60,).At the very least you should wait a year or so,as prices are bound to fall once this poor design proves to be a poor seller!

2011 Kona Blue 1/4/14 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Thomas S (Post 6739013)
I don't think you have to worry as much about buying the first model year since the engines and transmissions are mostly carry covers with improvements. The 2.3 is new so that would be the only one I'd be hesitant about.

Totally agree. The V6 and V8 have the same engines and transmissions for the past 4 models. No concerns there. The 4 banger, that's completely new. That's a craps shoot on it being so new what issues the engine will first encounter.

Blue Knight 1/4/14 01:00 PM

To each his own!

I love my 300 hp 2005, and made a few minor modifications, but it has stayed almost completely stock. I am about to hit 22,000 miles. :)

I drive it to and from work, and short trips on the weekends. I don't need 500hp, nor do I need pure launch or wheel shredding stability in the rear axle, so the new model seems almost designed for what I want. My first car was a 69 Cougar. I was always rolling around with the local Mustangers because parts were interchangeable, and I wasn't a bow-tie dork. We did have a couple Mopar guys as well, but for some reason they really hated Chevys. Who knows, but my point in bringing that up, is that when the 05 came out I clearly recognized so many things about the car, down to the font on the speedo and tach.

Today, I'm ready to move a bit more modern. The new body is pretty, and does still look like a Mustang to me, so I'm good with it. The IRS, hopefully much more comfortable and well appointed interior, and a turbo 4 sound like a ton of fun. I missed out on the I4 Turbo SVO cars when they came out, and don't plan to make that mistake again.

2011 Kona Blue 1/4/14 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by tom_vilsack (Post 6739019)
I think your making a big mistake. The 2005 is a classic design,while the 2015 is just another generic (accord,genesis,infiniti q50-60,).At the very least you should wait a year or so,as prices are bound to fall once this poor design proves to be a poor seller!

I think it will be a good seller depending on how its pricing goes. Its interesting how no pricing is released yet and Ford is waiting to drop that little bomb of information long after the hype and reviews are in. The car has clearly been revamped in every way which is great but how much will it cost. Are we looking at a high 30's bare bones base 5.0? Not saying we are but what's the cost. The mustang was always the affordable blue collar Joe the plumbers , Edward the Septa drivers kind of sports coupe pony car.

Will that still be for 2015, that remains to be seen. How much will it cost the customer to buy one?

b_btrick 1/4/14 01:28 PM

Though mine is a 2006, not a 2005, to answer the op posed question ... Good God No

Fords4Ever 1/4/14 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo (Post 6738963)
Replacing? That'd be tough as I love my '05 and she's part of the family..............but I love the look of the '15, too, so really want to add it to the stable.

Gorgeous :wub:

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/d0a1...tang-01-HR.jpg

I totally agree, I bought my GT in September of '06 and she's paid for so I would really like to keep her. It's tempting to trade for a '15 but I know I'd regret it someday. My parents had many classics that they traded and I'd kill for some of them - '58 T-Bird, '65 big block Galaxy, '65 Mustang coupe, '68 Cougar, '71 Maverick. Wait, no the Maverick was a real POS just kidding. Couldn't put anything in the trunk near the end because it had rusted so bad everything would fall out on the road!

So I'm gonna see what the '15 looks like in person and hopefully the vert will look good because I've always wanted a GT vert. When the 5.0 came back it's been tempting but I think I'm glad I waited for the '15.

jim010 1/4/14 10:41 PM

I'm keeping my 05, so no.

Mrsuitcase 1/5/14 09:17 PM

Heck, I've just got a brand new 2014 (got it end of October), and I'm feeling the pull. I can resist it for a few years, but I predict starting around 2017, it will grow larger and larger in my mind... pulling me towards the new Mustang like gravity.

That'll be my excuse for jumping from a v6 to a v8 sometime before the start of the 3rd decade of the millennia.

runfox 1/6/14 02:12 AM

Yeah, Im felling like you all. I bought my 05 in 04, it is my first new car. I always bought my wife the new cars so her and the kids would be safe , while I drove POS junk. that never had AC or a wroking radio most of the time.

So when I finally was able to buy myself a new car, I looked at a Nissan 350Z, and Mazda RX-8, was really tempted by the RX-8, but one drive in the 05 Mustang, and it was love at first drive. I told myself, I would test drive he Mustang, then go back and drive the RX-8 to compare, but never did.

I got mine at X-plan pricing, which is basicly employee price, it was hard to find a dealer that would do that for me, and the saleman later told me he caught hell for it , but I picked her up Dec, she was my christmas gift. I have 98,000 miles on it ,it is my daily driver. She has some road nicks and such, but she is still as exciting to drive as when I first picked it up. 400+ horsepower sounds exciting for sure , but I get like 19-20 mpg with regular fuel and 300 hp, I know the new ones wont get that kind of gas milage around town. I have had to makes a few repairs, here and there, but nothing that bothers me.

Looking at the new 2015 car, it looks awsome to me, I like it so much better than the previous model. And the thought of keyless entry and all the cool new gadgets , my car could never have .. wow!!! It sure is tempting to think of trading in, but Ill keep mine for life, my son will get it when Im gone. I still love to look at my 05 from the rear, it just looks fast sitting there, and reminds me of the 68 Mustang I want to buy and build when I retire in a few years.

And who knows , mayber Ill work a year or two longer and buy myself a new Mustang for a retierment gift to park next to my 05 and 68, in a new shop Ill build, now wouldnt that be awsome???

2011 Kona Blue 1/6/14 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by runfox (Post 6739761)
Yeah, Im felling like you all. I bought my 05 in 04, it is my first new car. I always bought my wife the new cars so her and the kids would be safe , while I drove POS junk. that never had AC or a wroking radio most of the time.

So when I finally was able to buy myself a new car, I looked at a Nissan 350Z, and Mazda RX-8, was really tempted by the RX-8, but one drive in the 05 Mustang, and it was love at first drive. I told myself, I would test drive he Mustang, then go back and drive the RX-8 to compare, but never did.

I got mine at X-plan pricing, which is basicly employee price, it was hard to find a dealer that would do that for me, and the saleman later told me he caught hell for it , but I picked her up Dec, she was my christmas gift. I have 98,000 miles on it ,it is my daily driver. She has some road nicks and such, but she is still as exciting to drive as when I first picked it up. 400+ horsepower sounds exciting for sure , but I get like 19-20 mpg with regular fuel and 300 hp, I know the new ones wont get that kind of gas milage around town. I have had to makes a few repairs, here and there, but nothing that bothers me.

Looking at the new 2015 car, it looks awsome to me, I like it so much better than the previous model. And the thought of keyless entry and all the cool new gadgets , my car could never have .. wow!!! It sure is tempting to think of trading in, but Ill keep mine for life, my son will get it when Im gone. I still love to look at my 05 from the rear, it just looks fast sitting there, and reminds me of the 68 Mustang I want to buy and build when I retire in a few years.

And who knows , mayber Ill work a year or two longer and buy myself a new Mustang for a retierment gift to park next to my 05 and 68, in a new shop Ill build, now wouldnt that be awsome???

If you don't mind me asking, what few repairs did you need to do? 98k miles is still low millage and your just breaking her in. Lol

Ripstang 1/7/14 04:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
When I bought my 05 I said I would keep it for 20 years. It's been 10 so far and it's one car that will stay. Even if I bought another Mustang that 05 is a keeper.

Now the 2015 is a mustang that has a lot going for it and is quite advanced over the 05 and will sell well but has lost some of it's heritage charm.

The undoing for me was a direct side shot of the new Mustang front end. You could almost draw a straight line up as its almost perfectly flat. That doe's seem to be the euro trend ( punch through fist in motion ). This puts us now in the European mix. Here's a quick pick example of a Hyundai genesis Coupe front end 3/4 view.

The Fusion is another example where the Mustang is starting to blend in with everything else.

So will I buy a 2015,..... no.
Another Mustang in the future? Sure....a few tweaks to that front end and I'm in.

mrp5150 1/8/14 12:17 PM

I don't have the money to buy a brand new 2015 Mustang, but assuming I did, I still wouldn't. If I had that kind of money to spend, I would definitely get a Boss 302 instead. Yes the 2015 GT will probably be faster and "better" than the Boss, but it will not have the cool factor.

eric n 1/9/14 07:13 AM

I am opening a new gym Dec 2014, so funds may be tight. Right now it's impossible to know. Add to that the expectation of special editions within a year or so, I'm pretty sure I will be waiting for the 2016 likely and SE depending on what is available. That said, i will almost certainly be getting some variation of the new stang.

www.ericnolan.com

05fordgt 1/14/14 09:26 AM

I wouldn't trade my car for anything. I love my car too much to see it go away and have someone else drive it/care for it.

That said, I would add to the stable in a few years. Maybe once they bring back a Blue that is REALLY GOOD LOOKING!!! :nice:

Fox9350 1/14/14 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by wjones14 (Post 6738757)
I'm one of the guys who ordered a 2005, basically sight unseen, when the S197 first came out. It was my 3rd Mustang GT, after a red 1987 and a red 1995.

Now it seems like Deja Vu all over again. When I first saw pictures of the S197 on the Internet, I wasn't sure I liked the design. Same thing with the reveal of the 2015 in December. I don't love that the 2015 looks more like my 1995 than the 2005, at least it looks that way to me.

But, after months of looking at Internet pictures of the S197 it started to grow on me. And then seeing it in person totally changed my opinion. Likewise, the 2015 design is starting to grow on me the more I look at the pictures. And I'm guessing when I see it in person it's going to knock me out.

Anyway, I've had the 2005 for almost 9 years now and still love it. 75,000 miles and it's never been back to the dealer. No problems ever, and it's been both a daily driver and a track day car. I seriously considered a new one when Ford went back to the 5.0. A couple years ago I even talked to a salesman at the local dealership, and they ended up ordering a white GT manual with Brembos and red leather because I said that was the car I was thinking about, even though I insisted I wasn't ready to order one. When the car came in it was gorgeous and I was definitely tempted, but just could not justify $35K when there was nothing wrong with mine, and there just wasn't enough of a difference in the cars.

But with the 2015 total makeover, I'm ready and excited again. It'll be almost a whole year to wait, but I'm already constantly thinking about it - going back and forth with colors and options.

Do it! I wish I were in your position!!!

BTW: did you already state the color and options you're considering?

Fox9350 1/14/14 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Getportfolio (Post 6738957)
If they do make the 4 cylinder have more than the V6 then that would be a fail.

It's like McDonald's small fries having more in them than supersize fries. Not that I eat that crap. Just sayin.

I think the ecoboost 4 will absolutely have more power than the V6, which they're billing as the 'base' model. In fact I read that the V6 was going to be scrapped entirely until wisely someone at Ford realized it could be offered as the foot in the door price. I like options.

Anyway I see Ford selling a lot of ecoboost on 2 fronts: more power than the V6 with better fuel economy. The Mustang is afterall a performance car, and even though most can't or won't want to spend the $ on the V8 they can get the performance and perception of increased performance over the base (V6) all while getting the latest technology and fuel efficiency. Ford needs more than fuel efficiency to sell the ecoboost at the premium it will command, so I'd guess there will be some tasteful badging, wheels, interior upgrades and the extra 5 or 10 horses. I'd say the chance the V6 has more power than the ecoboost 4 is 0.

All that said the media are idiots they keep reporting 300 HP, 305HP, and 420HP. Ford has said > than those HP numbers and has not stated actual HP yet. So we still don't know. For this very reason I think Ford is making a mistake in withholding it, because those HP numbers are being reported as gospel by the foolish media. The nuance will be lost on most except hardcore followers like us that the real HP numbers will be higher and are yet to come.

05fordgt 1/14/14 01:54 PM

Great story Bill. Its fantastic to see your car not need ANYTHING all these years. Mine too has been great. Now, nowhere near the miles as yours, its an incredibly durable car.

If you ever decide to look into a 2015, let me know. I'd love to order it for you (we've been members here for the same time) :nice:

m05fastbackGT 1/16/14 04:16 PM

I really like the 2015 Mustang and would love to one day own one, but I won't part with my current 2006 GT..

I've also mentioned this in other threads and when I first saw the S-197 models introduced in 2004, they immediately reminded me of the 1st generation 65-70 Mustangs I fell in love with from my youth and had always wanted..

I previously owned 3 Fox body Mustangs in which my last was a black 93 SVT Cobra and when the 2005 models arrived, I just knew it was the Mustang I had always been waiting and hoping for and as soon as I had the opportunity to see one for the very first time at my local Ford dealership.. That was all it took and I knew from that very moment that I was going to purchase one as my very own no matter what..

So that was when I made the difficult decision to trade in my 93 SVT Cobra for my 2005 GT and then upgraded to my current 2006 GT after that..

To this very day, I have no regrets and still love my current 2006 GT just as much as I did when I first purchased my previous 2005 when it was still brand new and is still just as special now and will hopefully remain so for many more years yet to come..

Perhaps down the road, I might be able to add a 2015 + Mustang to my stable someday.. But I'll most definitely be keeping my current 2006 GT as it will always hold such deep sentimental value and a special place in my heart..

IMHO The current S-197 Mustang is timeless, as far as I'm concerned ;)

Garbone 1/16/14 04:42 PM

Yep, but its a 2003 I will be trading.
I wanted to order asap, in April, when they start taking orders, but the wife says we need to look at it, and sit in it, and, and, and...oh well, I guess we will wait a few more months...:)

05fordgt 1/16/14 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT (Post 6744630)
I really like the 2015 Mustang and would love to one day own one, but I won't part with my current 2006 GT..

I've also mentioned this in other threads and when I first saw the S-197 models introduced in 2004, they immediately reminded me of the 1st generation 65-70 Mustangs I fell in love with from my youth and had always wanted..

I previously owned 3 Fox body Mustangs in which my last was a black 93 SVT Cobra and when the 2005 models arrived, I just knew it was the Mustang I had always been waiting and hoping for and as soon as I had the opportunity to see one for the very first time at my local Ford dealership.. That was all it took and I knew from that very moment that I was going to purchase one as my very own no matter what..

So that was when I made the difficult decision to trade in my 93 SVT Cobra for my 2005 GT and then upgraded to my current 2006 GT after that..

To this very day, I have no regrets and still love my current 2006 GT just as much as I did when I first purchased my previous 2005 when it was still brand new and is still just as special now and will hopefully remain so for many more years yet to come..

Perhaps down the road, I might be able to add a 2015 + Mustang to my stable someday.. But I'll most definitely be keeping my current 2006 GT as it will always hold such deep sentimental value and a special place in my heart..

IMHO The current S-197 Mustang is timeless, as far as I'm concerned ;)

Great story Rocky. I'm as sentimental with my 2006 as well.

I bought my car after having sold so many 2005s back when they came out and when I would call the customer up a week later to follow up on the sale, they told me how much their life changed since owning it! So many people would come up to ask them questions and such. I thought, why not me, so I asked my GM (who sadly passed away less than 2 years later:() if I could order one. He said sure, you just have to wait your turn with allocation.

So I put the order in on August 15th 2005 and my car arrived on January 23rd 2006. They put my Borlas on during PDI and then it went to the body shop we use for the painted stripes, side stripe decals and Street Scenes ducktail. I took it home a week later (Jan 31), and the eyes on my car that night were CRAZY!!! No one had seen many of these in my town, since they were so new and hard to get back in the day, let alone one striped like it was with sequentials. Crazy 1st couple of months!! And since having that car, I started going to alot of car shows. And as life, wonderful things happen, I met my now fiancee at a car show back in the summer of '08 (she has a 2007 GT/CS). We started dating that December and its been wonderful ever since.

Without my car, I would have never been at the show I met her at, as I didn't even know how to get there and never would have met her. That is why I'm so sentimental about my car. :nice:

Get rid of/trade in-NO:bad:
add to the garage -YES!!! :metal:

wjones14 1/16/14 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Fox9350 (Post 6743643)
Do it! I wish I were in your position!!!

BTW: did you already state the color and options you're considering?

Ha ha! No I didn't state the colors and options I'm considering , but when I posted this thread, the pictures of the Triple Yellow car were not out yet. Now that I've seen them from the Detroit show - WOW! I'm seriously considering sticking with the yellow. :hail: The wife doesn't understand that, and thinks I'm crazy not to want a change after almost 10 years. But, I know I like the color, and I'm not sick of it, so why wouldn't I stick with something I know I like?

Options would include a Tech/Nav package for sure, and probably a Track package if that includes the Brembos and the black wheels. That might be all I need.

I am so looking forward to it, more and more each day! :metal:

wjones14 1/16/14 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by 05fordgt (Post 6743660)
Great story Bill. Its fantastic to see your car not need ANYTHING all these years. Mine too has been great. Now, nowhere near the miles as yours, its an incredibly durable car.

If you ever decide to look into a 2015, let me know. I'd love to order it for you (we've been members here for the same time) :nice:

Hey Jeff, thanks! You're almost a 4 hour drive from me, but it's definitely do-able. Road Trip! I'd have about 220 miles on the car by the time it got back to my garage, but if the 2015 is as good as mine's been, it might never have to make the return trip.

m05fastbackGT 1/16/14 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by 05fordgt (Post 6744650)
Great story Rocky. I'm as sentimental with my 2006 as well.

I bought my car after having sold so many 2005s back when they came out and when I would call the customer up a week later to follow up on the sale, they told me how much their life changed since owning it! So many people would come up to ask them questions and such. I thought, why not me, so I asked my GM (who sadly passed away less than 2 years later:() if I could order one. He said sure, you just have to wait your turn with allocation.

So I put the order in on August 15th 2005 and my car arrived on January 23rd 2006. They put my Borlas on during PDI and then it went to the body shop we use for the painted stripes, side stripe decals and Street Scenes ducktail. I took it home a week later (Jan 31), and the eyes on my car that night were CRAZY!!! No one had seen many of these in my town, since they were so new and hard to get back in the day, let alone one striped like it was with sequentials. Crazy 1st couple of months!! And since having that car, I started going to alot of car shows. And as life, wonderful things happen, I met my now fiancee at a car show back in the summer of '08 (she has a 2007 GT/CS). We started dating that December and its been wonderful ever since.

Without my car, I would have never been at the show I met her at, as I didn't even know how to get there and never would have met her. That is why I'm so sentimental about my car. :nice:

Get rid of/trade in-NO:bad:
add to the garage -YES!!! :metal:

Hi Jeff ! After reading your story, I can definitely understand why your 2006 GT is so very special and sentimental to you because the most wonderful thing was meeting your fiance at one of your local car shows and there's nothing more wonderful than meeting the love of your life and future soul mate..

So your 2006 Mustang has most definitely changed your life for the better and hopefully will provide you with many great years of memories that will last for a lifetime..

I've been pretty much attending local car cruise inn's/car shows for over 13 years now and I still always get so many compliments on my 2006 GT to this very day and far more than I ever got when I still owned my previous 1993 SVT Cobra in which I had for 10 years from 1995-2005..

My current 06 GT has a Saleen S/C, 39 LB injectors, Ford racing 4:10 gears, Eibach pro kit lowering springs, Hurst short throw shifter, 20" American Racing deep dish chrome wheels, C&L racer intake with powerhouse 411 pipeline 101mm MAF, Cervini duck tail spoiler and black stripping..

I still haven't got around to posting pics of the 2006 yet.. As the pics of my previous 2005 Torch Red GT are still posted in both my profile and garage on here..

As soon as there's a decent enough day in which I can pull the 06 out of the garage.. I will take pics and post them ;)

Whammer 1/18/14 10:03 AM

NO! I would not trade my Bullitt for a 2015. To me the Mustang died in '74 and was reborn in 2005. 2015 marks the redeath of the Mustang. The 2015 is a Ford but it's not a MUSTANG.

eric n 1/18/14 03:58 PM

I bought 2005. Then again I bought 2011. So, I have no fear new models. But I will wait for the special editions that I expect in 2016. As much as I love my 2011 I want more performance out of my next mustang.

Whammer 1/18/14 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by eric n (Post 6745466)
I bought 2005. Then again I bought 2011. So, I have no fear new models. But I will wait for the special editions that I expect in 2016. As much as I love my 2011 I want more performance out of my next mustang.

You won't be buying a Mustang...it's just another car with Mustang stamped on the side. :stirpot:

newpony 1/18/14 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Whammer (Post 6745514)
You won't be buying a Mustang...it's just another car with Mustang stamped on the side. :stirpot:

At least his will be the nicer looking of the two :stirpot:

DaGonz 1/19/14 06:21 AM

I have a 2006 Mustang GT with only a shade over 22K miles. We just replaced our 2007 Edge SEL AWD with a new 2014 Edge SEL AWD, so I won't be buying a 2015 Mustang. I do love the looks of the car. Maybe when I retire (that will be within 2 years), I'll upgrade.

Another reason I won't be buying a 2015 Mustang is dealer greed. When the S197's came out, dealerships in my area were marking up, on average the prices up to $5K over MSRP for the GT, $3K for the V6.

SONICBOOST 1/19/14 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by DaGonz (Post 6745686)
I have a 2006 Mustang GT with only a shade over 22K miles. We just replaced our 2007 Edge SEL AWD with a new 2014 Edge SEL AWD, so I won't be buying a 2015 Mustang. I do love the looks of the car. Maybe when I retire (that will be within 2 years), I'll upgrade. Another reason I won't be buying a 2015 Mustang is dealer greed. When the S197's came out, dealerships in my area were marking up, on average the prices up to $5K over MSRP for the GT, $3K for the V6.

Dealer greed indeed!

wjones14 1/19/14 11:15 AM

Another reason I won't be buying a 2015 Mustang is dealer greed. When the S197's came out, dealerships in my area were marking up, on average the prices up to $5K over MSRP for the GT, $3K for the V6.

There is dealer greed for sure, but it's also a matter of customer demand. If the dealers decide to add $5K over MSRP and folks pay it, they'll keep doing it. Why wouldn't they? But if folks won't (or can't) pay that much, they simply won't buy the car at that price.

I didn't see $5K over MSRP with the 2005 when I bought mine, but I did see two local dealers charging $2K markup. But at least in here in CT, there are dozens of Ford dealers, so it was merely an extra 20 miles for me to find a dealer who was selling for MSRP and that's what I did.

2011 Kona Blue 1/19/14 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by wjones14 (Post 6745815)

There is dealer greed for sure, but it's also a matter of customer demand. If the dealers decide to add $5K over MSRP and folks pay it, they'll keep doing it. Why wouldn't they? But if folks won't (or can't) pay that much, they simply won't buy the car at that price.

I didn't see $5K over MSRP with the 2005 when I bought mine, but I did see two local dealers charging $2K markup. But at least in here in CT, there are dozens of Ford dealers, so it was merely an extra 20 miles for me to find a dealer who was selling for MSRP and that's what I did.

No doubt , there will be various dealerships asking thousands above MSRP when the 15 models hit the streets. There are sucker customers that will be dumb enough to pay well above MSRP just to be have the newest so I say good for the dealerships. The price gouging will only last for a few customers and then rebates and MSRP prices will follow shortly after.

eric n 1/19/14 04:58 PM

My first car was a 69 mach. I've had 2 of those, 2 65 convertibles, an 85 5.0, a 66 fastback, and a 2005. They were all mustangs and quite different. But, clearly you are the expert of what is and what is not a mustang.

When people say the irs makes it not a mustang, it reminds me of people saying that fuel injection makes it NOT A MUSTANG. Hell power windows make it not a mustang (according to some). More performance, more comfort, more tech certainly doesn't make a car not a mustang. Each generation has enjoyed each of these.

The 2015 will not be a mustang, it will be the best mustang ever made....until the next, more advanced, higher performing, more dependable mustang.

Tony Alonso 1/19/14 10:03 PM

it's just another car with Mustang stamped on the side. :stirpot:

It doesn't have any stamping of the letters on the sides.

mrkabc 1/19/14 11:25 PM

My 2005 is getting old, and I am looking with envy at the tech toys that my family and friends have with their Focus, Escape, and Fusion Titaniums. I want the MFT, the push button start, upgraded "star trek" interior, LCD screens, *and* the 5.0 engine!

Make mine a stick. I don't do slush box.

I do want the new body style, but I am willing to wait until the dealer greed subsides. In 2005 I had to order mine from Ford since all of the dealers around here were trying to gouge for $10k over MSRP. NONE would deal at all! They had really bad attitudes, like "here it is this is the price fork it over or get lost if you won't". I was able to pay "only" MSRP and counted myself fortunate at the time. However, that's the ONLY time in my life I have EVER paid MSRP and that ain't happening again! I kicked myself for years afterwards, especially when the prices came down and the available features were added (NAV, dual climate, heated seats, mood lighting, satellite radio, etc)

I can wait... My Pony has 116k miles and lots of life left in her. Too bad the interior is beginning to disintegrate though. Clutch is a little suspect too.

2011 Kona Blue 1/20/14 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by mrkabc (Post 6746205)

My 2005 is getting old, and I am looking with envy at the tech toys that my family and friends have with their Focus, Escape, and Fusion Titaniums. I want the MFT, the push button start, upgraded "star trek" interior, LCD screens, *and* the 5.0 engine!

Make mine a stick. I don't do slush box.

I do want the new body style, but I am willing to wait until the dealer greed subsides. In 2005 I had to order mine from Ford since all of the dealers around here were trying to gouge for $10k over MSRP. NONE would deal at all! They had really bad attitudes, like "here it is this is the price fork it over or get lost if you won't". I was able to pay "only" MSRP and counted myself fortunate at the time. However, that's the ONLY time in my life I have EVER paid MSRP and that ain't happening again! I kicked myself for years afterwards, especially when the prices came down and the available features were added (NAV, dual climate, heated seats, mood lighting, satellite radio, etc)

I can wait... My Pony has 116k miles and lots of life left in her. Too bad the interior is beginning to disintegrate though. Clutch is a little suspect too.

You got another 120k miles easy in her. Lol. I would never pay MSRP for a car let alone over MSRP. That's for people who have silly money to throw away and be the first too have the latest and greatest. I was one who could always wait for the huge hype too subside and wait for it.

Tony Alonso 1/20/14 07:04 AM

I do want the new body style, but I am willing to wait until the dealer greed subsides. In 2005 I had to order mine from Ford since all of the dealers around here were trying to gouge for $10k over MSRP. NONE would deal at all!

I assume you meant you ordered as opposed to taking something off the lot, correct?

05fordgt 1/20/14 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by SONICBOOST (Post 6745785)
Dealer greed indeed!

Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue (Post 6745885)
No doubt , there will be various dealerships asking thousands above MSRP when the 15 models hit the streets. There are sucker customers that will be dumb enough to pay well above MSRP just to be have the newest so I say good for the dealerships. The price gouging will only last for a few customers and then rebates and MSRP prices will follow shortly after.

Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue (Post 6746243)
You got another 120k miles easy in her. Lol. I would never pay MSRP for a car let alone over MSRP. That's for people who have silly money to throw away and be the first too have the latest and greatest. I was one who could always wait for the huge hype too subside and wait for it.

Hey guys, that is why, when the time gets closer to order the 2015s, AND (a BIG and), if Ford has the same program for dealers they did back when the 5 liters cames out (which gave us unlimited allocation for legitimate retail orders, as long as we sent a signed buyers order and license to Ford for confirmation), I plan on starting a thread on here, offering a price for forum members that WILL BE decently under MSRP.

That being said, if you want to make it easy for an order, sign up with Mustang Club of America 60 days before you take delivery of the car, and you'll get X-Plan for the car. And that will also cap Doc Fees at $100, despite what dealers charge (and some charge outrageous doc fees).

Now, some dealers will probably be stupid and not offer X-Plan on the Mustang, saying its a "new car" or that its "hard to get", or some BS the bad dealers always use, but I will honor an X-Plan deal (as long as Ford doesn't exclude them. They shouldn't, but they just have to update their vehicle list that are excluded from plan sales). I plan on offering X-Plan on the new 2015. I already have several orders from friends who are MCA members who will get X-Plan. If anyone is even thinking of ordering one, give me a call or send me a PM. Once I know if the dealer program is going to be on the new model, I'll let everyone else know. :nice::nice:

Tony Alonso 1/20/14 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by 05fordgt (Post 6746273)
Hey guys, that is why, when the time gets closer to order the 2015s, AND (a BIG and), if Ford has the same program for dealers they did back when the 5 liters cames out (which gave us unlimited allocation for legitimate retail orders, as long as we sent a signed buyers order and license to Ford for confirmation), I plan on starting a thread on here, offering a price for forum members that WILL BE decently under MSRP.

As always, you are THE MAN!

tom281 1/20/14 09:19 AM

Werd smilie

Mrsuitcase 1/20/14 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by 05fordgt (Post 6746273)

That being said, if you want to make it easy for an order, sign up with Mustang Club of America 60 days before you take delivery of the car, and you'll get X-Plan for the car. And that will also cap Doc Fees at $100, despite what dealers charge (and some charge outrageous doc fees).

Now, some dealers will probably be stupid and not offer X-Plan on the Mustang, saying its a "new car" or that its "hard to get", or some BS the bad dealers always use, but I will honor an X-Plan deal (as long as Ford doesn't exclude them. They shouldn't, but they just have to update their vehicle list that are excluded from plan sales). I plan on offering X-Plan on the new 2015. I already have several orders from friends who are MCA members who will get X-Plan. If anyone is even thinking of ordering one, give me a call or send me a PM. Once I know if the dealer program is going to be on the new model, I'll let everyone else know. :nice::nice:

Can we clone you to sell cars in Canada?

Fenderaddict2 1/20/14 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mrsuitcase (Post 6746433)

Really, what he said. I would have had three Fords in the drive if dealers here acted this way. Instead I have a Mazda and a Dodge joining my Mustangs. I hope to add a 15+ performance variant but dread the upcoming dealer experience.

05fordgt 1/23/14 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso (Post 6746297)
As always, you are THE MAN!

Thanks Tony. I really appreciate the kind words!! :nice:

05fordgt 1/23/14 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mrsuitcase (Post 6746433)

Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 (Post 6746720)
Really, what he said. I would have had three Fords in the drive if dealers here acted this way. Instead I have a Mazda and a Dodge joining my Mustangs. I hope to add a 15+ performance variant but dread the upcoming dealer experience.

Thanks guys!! :nice: I really do wish I could sell you cars, but I believe I cannot since I'm not a border state (if Ford even lets border states sell cars to customers in Canada, I'm not sure).

wheelman 1/23/14 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by 05fordgt (Post 6744650)
I'm as sentimental with my 2006 as well...So I put the order in on August 15th 2005 and my car arrived on January 23rd 2006...I took it home a week later (Jan 31), and the eyes on my car that night were CRAZY!!! And since having that car, I started going to alot of car shows. And as life, wonderful things happen, I met my now fiancee at a car show back in the summer of '08 (she has a 2007 GT/CS). We started dating that December and its been wonderful ever since. Without my car, I would have never been at the show I met her at, as I didn't even know how to get there and never would have met her. That is why I'm so sentimental about my car. :nice: Get rid of/trade in-NO:bad: add to the garage -YES!!! :metal:

Just read this...awesome story Jeff!

Garbone 1/26/14 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by 05fordgt (Post 6748059)
Thanks Tony. I really appreciate the kind words!! :nice:

Hey, I live in the Seattle area...will you take my order, and deliver to a local dealer?

humster21 4/7/14 07:25 PM

My 05 has been a life changer. Met a lot of great mustang friends including Jeff. It has been a great bonding experience with my brother including a horrible accident that killed my brothers 08 stang. Jeff hooked him up with a 2011 MCA edition Mustang that makes me really want all the new technology. That being said I would probably keep it in the stable with my 65 and add a 2015 to the collection. I probably should just get the 65 up and running and not worry about a new one, but I really like the 2015's. When I do, I know that I'll be down to see Jeff liked he joked about when we picked up my brothers car.

05fordgt 4/7/14 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by humster21 (Post 6784967)
My 05 has been a life changer. Met a lot of great mustang friends including Jeff. It has been a great bonding experience with my brother including a horrible accident that killed my brothers 08 stang. Jeff hooked him up with a 2011 MCA edition Mustang that makes me really want all the new technology. That being said I would probably keep it in the stable with my 65 and add a 2015 to the collection. I probably should just get the 65 up and running and not worry about a new one, but I really like the 2015's. When I do I know that I'll be down to see Jeff liked he joked about when we picked up my brothers car.

Hey buddy, how ya been. Hope everyone is good. You know I'll be more than happy to help you out when you are ready. You heard Al and Jackie are already on my list to order the 1st & 2nd car respectively. Just let me know and I'll add your name to the list :nice:

humster21 4/7/14 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by 05fordgt (Post 6784982)
Hey buddy, how ya been. Hope everyone is good. You know I'll be more than happy to help you out when you are ready. You heard Al and Jackie are already on my list to order the 1st & 2nd car respectively. Just let me know and I'll add your name to the list :nice:

I've been good, how about yourself? You know I'll be in contact with you when the time comes.

SONICBOOST 4/7/14 10:00 PM

I'm one of the guys who ordered a 2005, basically sight unseen, when the S197 first came out. It was my 3rd Mustang GT, after a red 1987 and a red 1995. Now it seems like Deja Vu all over again. When I first saw pictures of the S197 on the Internet, I wasn't sure I liked the design. Same thing with the reveal of the 2015 in December. I don't love that the 2015 looks more like my 1995 than the 2005, at least it looks that way to me. But, after months of looking at Internet pictures of the S197 it started to grow on me. And then seeing it in person totally changed my opinion. Likewise, the 2015 design is starting to grow on me the more I look at the pictures. And I'm guessing when I see it in person it's going to knock me out. Anyway, I've had the 2005 for almost 9 years now and still love it. 75,000 miles and it's never been back to the dealer. No problems ever, and it's been both a daily driver and a track day car. I seriously considered a new one when Ford went back to the 5.0. A couple years ago I even talked to a salesman at the local dealership, and they ended up ordering a white GT manual with Brembos and red leather because I said that was the car I was thinking about, even though I insisted I wasn't ready to order one. When the car came in it was gorgeous and I was definitely tempted, but just could not justify $35K when there was nothing wrong with mine, and there just wasn't enough of a difference in the cars. But with the 2015 total makeover, I'm ready and excited again. It'll be almost a whole year to wait, but I'm already constantly thinking about it - going back and forth with colors and options. Who else is looking forward to trading their beloved 2005 for a 2015?

I couldn't have said the words better myself. I'm in the same shoes. Except I owned my 05 for 6 years :-)

cdynaco 4/7/14 10:18 PM

If the OP is referring to the original S197A (05-09), and regarding my 08 Bullitt...

when hell freezes over. :p

And even then, you'll have to use your ice ax to chip my hands off my Bullitt's GT500 wheel and the aluminum shifter knob.

:grin:

laserred38 4/7/14 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by cdynaco (Post 6785045)
If the OP is referring to the original S197A (05-09), and regarding my 08 Bullitt... when hell freezes over. :p And even then, you'll have to use your ice ax to chip my hands off my Bullitt's GT500 wheel and the aluminum shifter knob. :grin:

It doesn't have a GT500 wheel. It has a Bullitt wheel, with white stitching. Not red. :poke: :nixon:

cdynaco 4/7/14 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by laserred38 (Post 6785064)
It doesn't have a GT500 wheel. It has a Bullitt wheel, with white stitching. Not red. :poke: :nixon:

Didn't know you were jealous. :p And wrong:

ALL INFORMATION EMBARGOED UNTIL TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 6, 2007,6 PM EST

2008 MUSTANG BULLITT

Ford Mustang Bullitt returns to the streets in 2008, blending the latest in Ford Racing technology with the best Mustang ever. This modern classic treats enthusiasts to the perfect balance of performance, handling and the sweet sound of Ford power that only Mustang delivers.

Drawing inspiration from the 1968 car and hit movie of the same name, the 2008 Mustang Bullitt remains true to its heritage. Dark Highland Green paint, unique black mesh grille and special interior touches call back the original. Under the hood, Bullitt delivers 315 horsepower and features the latest in FordRacing technology, allowing for more aggressive driving dynamics while still maintaining Mustang’s balanced ride and handling.

Following are specifications for the 2008 Mustang Bullitt:

Shelby GT500-style sport front seats and Shelby GT500-style steering wheel with Bullitt logo

There are many more GT500 'off the shelf' parts used in the 08 Bullitt. I can list all of them if you like. ;)

AlsCobra 4/8/14 12:46 AM

There's a man that knows his Bullitt. :respect:

laserred38 4/8/14 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by cdynaco (Post 6785074)
Didn't know you were jealous. :p And wrong: ALL INFORMATION EMBARGOED UNTIL TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 6, 2007,6 PM EST 2008 MUSTANG BULLITT Ford Mustang Bullitt returns to the streets in 2008, blending the latest in Ford Racing technology with the best Mustang ever. This modern classic treats enthusiasts to the perfect balance of performance, handling and the sweet sound of Ford power that only Mustang delivers. Drawing inspiration from the 1968 car and hit movie of the same name, the 2008 Mustang Bullitt remains true to its heritage. Dark Highland Green paint, unique black mesh grille and special interior touches call back the original. Under the hood, Bullitt delivers 315 horsepower and features the latest in FordRacing technology, allowing for more aggressive driving dynamics while still maintaining Mustang’s balanced ride and handling. Following are specifications for the 2008 Mustang Bullitt: • Shelby GT500-style sport front seats and Shelby GT500-style steering wheel with Bullitt logo There are many more GT500 'off the shelf' parts used in the 08 Bullitt. I can list all of them if you like. ;)

Lol hey they may be the same shape, but the Bullitt wheel is still the Bullitt wheel to me. Actually it has black stitching right? GT500 = red stitching. As far as I'm concerned, the seats and wheel are unique to the Bullitt because of the stitching and no Snake on the airbag cover :P

AlsCobra 4/8/14 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by laserred38 (Post 6785081)
Lol hey they may be the same shape, but the Bullitt wheel is still the Bullitt wheel to me. Actually it has black stitching right? GT500 = red stitching. As far as I'm concerned, the seats and wheel are unique to the Bullitt because of the stitching and no Snake on the airbag cover :P

Sometimes it's ok to admit you're wrong.
:heh:

laserred38 4/8/14 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by AlsCobra (Post 6785082)
Sometimes it's ok to admit you're wrong. :heh:

Lol I'm just bustin his balls. If anyone likes to start potato potahto arguments, it's Charlie :jester:

Either way, the Bullitt and GT500 have different part numbers for their seats and steering wheels, even if they are identical minus the stitching. I still contend the Bullitt parts are Bullitt parts and the GT500 parts are GT500 parts. Now the diff, LCAs, strut mounts and other bits might be identical to GT500 parts, and they share the same part numbers, so there :P :catfight:

fdjizm 4/8/14 05:11 AM

If I buy a new mustang I still won't trade my current Mustang, it will be with me for life :)

Paris MkVI 4/8/14 11:07 AM

I'll wait for the first year rush to settle. It'll provide a chance to see what happens with TSB's, and that will tell us a lot.

Even then, I may wait until I can pick up one that's a year old. I also have no regrets about buying the '06 brand new. But the next one I think I can be comfortable letting someone else take the depreciation.

It's also possible that I'll test drive it and decide to stay in the '06. But I have a feeling that, since Ford has to "step up" (if they plan to sell many of these in Europe) on overall quality, fit and finish, that the S550 will be very appealing.

They will have to deliver better results on those elements than they did in the S197's, at least from my experience. These S197 interiors are underwhelming, and have not done well over time. My old '88 and '90 Foxes had much more durable interiors.

eric n 4/8/14 10:08 PM

How exactly is the 2005 mustang ORIGINAL? I could see your ORIGINAL 1965 MUSTANG. But, I'm baffled by the original 2005. No doubt I'm missing something. Help me out!

SONICBOOST 4/8/14 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by eric n (Post 6785538)
Anyone else replacing their original 2005 with a 2015? How exactly is the 2005 mustang ORIGINAL? I could see your ORIGINAL 1965 MUSTANG. But, I'm baffled by the original 2005. No doubt I'm missing something. Help me out!

Well.. When the 2005 came out it was such a big change from the 2004. Same as the 2015 compared to the 2014. Maybe that's what he was gettin at.. I could consider the 2005 the originator of the 2005-2014 design in a sense :-)

eric n 4/9/14 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by SONICBOOST (Post 6785539)
Well.. When the 2005 came out it was such a big change from the 2004. Same as the 2015 compared to the 2014. Maybe that's what he was gettin at.. I could consider the 2005 the originator of the 2005-2014 design in a sense :-)

Calling the 2005 mustang an or the original reminds me of a date I had about 20 years ago. I picked up hot little 100 lbs Asian girl (I was 31 she was 20) and was playing the Beatles White Album. She told me that she didn't like this kind of music.

"What kind of music do you like?" I asked.

"Rock & Roll!" she answered.

"Well the Beatles are Rock and Roll. In fact they have as good a claim as any other group as the ones who pretty much invented Rock and Roll." Yes I am aware of Buddy Holly, James Brown, Elvis and others who preceded the British Invasion.

"The Beatles don't play Rock and Roll," she explained. "Metallica does."

I took her home immediately. Worked out well, turned out she was married to a cop.

Ultimately there is a difference between a classic/original (Beatles & 1965 mustang) and a somewhat significant new comer (2005 Mustang and Metallica)

But, that's just one guys opinion. I owned a 2005 mustang it was a great car!

montreal ponies 4/9/14 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by 05fordgt (Post 6748062)
Thanks guys!! :nice: I really do wish I could sell you cars, but I believe I cannot since I'm not a border state (if Ford even lets border states sell cars to customers in Canada, I'm not sure).

Jeff,
I'm pretty sure they still do, just a matter of knowing if your dealership will allow you let you sell cars to Canadians.
Don't matter if you're not a border state, again just a matter of us Canadians willing to make the trip to PA and bringing it back to Canada.

I bought my 2011 GT from Paul at VanBortel Ford in Rochester N-Y back in 2010. It's was overall a very pleasant experience but found out from him just last year that Ford had told them not to sell to Canadians anymore in order not to loose car allocations.
Always wondered if that was really the case, but maybe it is different in your dealership's case.

CDN dollar not being at par with US currency anymore, i don't know if it is still worth doing crossborder shopping.

cdynaco 4/9/14 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by eric n (Post 6785538)

How exactly is the 2005 mustang ORIGINAL? I could see your ORIGINAL 1965 MUSTANG. But, I'm baffled by the original 2005. No doubt I'm missing something. Help me out!

Really Eric? :metal:

He didn't say "original Mustang". He specified original 2005. The S197 is original. Though it has borrowed some cues from previous Mustangs, it is completely unique from all other Mustang designs.

And the 2005 - 2009 styling is the original S197 being different from the 10-14 styling.

And notice how he framed his question:

I'm one of the guys who ordered a 2005, basically sight unseen, when the S197 first came out.

SONICBOOST 4/9/14 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by eric n (Post 6785762)
Calling the 2005 mustang an or the original reminds me of a date I had about 20 years ago. I picked up hot little 100 lbs Asian girl (I was 31 she was 20) and was playing the Beatles White Album. She told me that she didn't like this kind of music. "What kind of music do you like?" I asked. "Rock & Roll!" she answered. "Well the Beatles are Rock and Roll. In fact they have as good a claim as any other group as the ones who pretty much invented Rock and Roll." Yes I am aware of Buddy Holly, James Brown, Elvis and others who preceded the British Invasion. "The Beatles don't play Rock and Roll," she explained. "Metallica does." I took her home immediately. Worked out well, turned out she was married to a cop. Ultimately there is a difference between a classic/original (Beatles & 1965 mustang) and a somewhat significant new comer (2005 Mustang and Metallica) But, that's just one guys opinion. I owned a 2005 mustang it was a great car!

Yea an old guys opinion! Totally kidding Eric! Good post lol I'm 27 so the 2005 mustang and Metallica appeal more to me than the Beatles and a 1965 mustang hahaha :-)

Tony Alonso 4/9/14 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by cdynaco (Post 6785891)
Really Eric? :metal:

He didn't say "original Mustang". He specified original 2005. The S197 is original. Though it has borrowed some cues from previous Mustangs, it is completely unique from all other Mustang designs.

And the 2005 - 2009 styling is the original S197 being different from the 10-14 styling.

I think he meant their 2005 Mustang (first model year) which the person still owns as an "original owner" and got from the start.

I think we need a prize for whoever understood the use of the term "original" in the context of its original presentation in the first post in this thread! :)

OP - I almost ordered a 2005 but waited until the 2007 model year for Tungsten grey and the pony cover for the 4.6L engine. If I still had the '07, I likely would replace it with a 2015. As it stands now, I plan on replacing my 2010 with a 2015, unless I can find a way to swing both or chicken out and hold on to my 2010. I still really like the styling of my 2010.

tom_vilsack 4/9/14 08:37 PM

If both where new,and you had to keep (not allowed to ever sell for profit) I would take the 2005!

Why would anyone trade in that beautiful 05 design for a mixed up 2015 design?

SONICBOOST 4/9/14 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by tom_vilsack (Post 6785946)
If both where new,and you had to keep (not allowed to ever sell for profit) I would take the 2005! Why would anyone trade in that beautiful 05 design for a mixed up 2015 design?

Because the 2015 is going to be the new orginal! Hahahahaha

Edit- sorry I had too

Boomer 4/10/14 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by tom_vilsack (Post 6785946)
If both where new,and you had to keep (not allowed to ever sell for profit) I would take the 2005!

Why would anyone trade in that beautiful 05 design for a mixed up 2015 design?

Uh..I would.
And I LOVE my 2005.

Then again seeing the 2015 in person made me love the '15 even more.

We get it, not everyone likes the new car, and you're one of them.

HPwhitevert 4/14/14 10:45 PM

Sold my 08 GT/CS 'vert to my brother a couple years ago and have been Mustang-less. Have not seen the 2015 in person but I'm favorably impressed and might get back in the game. Still want a 'vert but this time around it may be a Shelby since I haven't owned one since the mid-70s. I'm way past due, ha, ha. Hopefully a 2016 GT-350 will fill the bill.

Prior Mustangs:
68 Mustang notchback
69 Shelby GT500 'vert
71 Mustang fastback
08 Mustang GT/CS 'vert

lajntx 4/16/14 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Boomer (Post 6786064)
Uh..I would.
And I LOVE my 2005.

Then again seeing the 2015 in person made me love the '15 even more.

We get it, not everyone likes the new car, and you're one of them.

I loved my 2005 Red Fire Gt ... May it rest in peace.

If I still had it.... There is no way I`d take a `15 for it. Ive looked at that thing at a couple of car shows.... and it simply refuses to grow on me.

The more I see it, the less I like it.

Maybe when the actual production cars hit the lots, and the design kinks get worked out over the next couple of years, I might warm up to it.

For now, I`ll take my daily driver `14 V6, and my `69 Mach 1 ( when I get it finished ).

BTW.... Why arent you down here in Charlotte with the rest of us this week?

wjones14 4/17/14 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso (Post 6785904)
I think he meant their 2005 Mustang (first model year) which the person still owns as an "original owner" and got from the start.

I think we need a prize for whoever understood the use of the term "original" in the context of its original presentation in the first post in this thread! :)

OP - I almost ordered a 2005 but waited until the 2007 model year for Tungsten grey and the pony cover for the 4.6L engine. If I still had the '07, I likely would replace it with a 2015. As it stands now, I plan on replacing my 2010 with a 2015, unless I can find a way to swing both or chicken out and hold on to my 2010. I still really like the styling of my 2010.

Hadn't been following this thread in the past couple weeks, but I can end the mystery! What I meant, but apparently didn't word it correctly, was that the post was aimed at original owners of the 2005 S197 Mustang, i.e. Those who bought the car new. Interesting how it was later interpreted... :)

eric n 4/17/14 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by wjones14 (Post 6789749)
Hadn't been following this thread in the past couple weeks, but I can end the mystery! What I meant, but apparently didn't word it correctly, was that the post was aimed at original owners of the 2005 S197 Mustang, i.e. Those who bought the car new. Interesting how it was later interpreted... :)

MAKES 100% PERFECT SENSE!

wallace 4/21/14 06:04 PM

Ordered my 06 screaming yellow and swore she'd be here forever.
But one look at the new triple yellow and I knew I'd have to get one.
So I will, thinking about keeping the 06. Still less than 20k on the odometer.

MTAS 4/22/14 09:01 AM

Ordered my '05GT Premium October 2004, took delivery January 2005. It now has nearly 114K on the clock and only 1 major repair (cracked head due to rocker failure). It's never seen the track but does hit redline at least a few times every day to/from work :) That being said, I'm currently torn on whether to trade it in for a '15. I need to see and drive the EB4 and the GT before a decision is made.

ford4v429 4/23/14 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by MTAS (Post 6792525)
Ordered my '05GT Premium October 2004, took delivery January 2005. It now has nearly 114K on the clock and only 1 major repair (cracked head due to rocker failure). It's never seen the track but does hit redline at least a few times every day to/from work :) That being said, I'm currently torn on whether to trade it in for a '15. I need to see and drive the EB4 and the GT before a decision is made.

I lost my old hard drive, had saved a pic of your car... the best wheel/tire/spring/stance Ive seen to date... I'd sure have a hard time parting with such a sweet car :) remember seeing pic of the crack in the head after the roller follower split, luckily havent heard of any more doing that...

MTAS 4/24/14 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by ford4v429 (Post 6793534)
I lost my old hard drive, had saved a pic of your car... the best wheel/tire/spring/stance Ive seen to date... I'd sure have a hard time parting with such a sweet car :) remember seeing pic of the crack in the head after the roller follower split, luckily havent heard of any more doing that...

Thanks Tim, and yes believe me when I see my car from certain angles I think, "That S550 better be super sweet in person from every angle for me to get rid of my car" :)

mustang_lurkers 4/24/14 12:02 PM

I have a 2005 mustang but I don't think I would get what it is worth on a trade in so I think I will buy a new one and hold onto the 05 and make it into a track car.

spectre30068 5/4/14 10:13 AM

I bought my 05 GT new, and didn't regret getting the first model year or paying MSRP. I still love it, but am extremely intrigued by the redesign and all its improvements. Having said that, I'm going to wait until the new platform has been out for a couple of years, mainly because a) I'm interested in seeing how they refresh it after its been out for a couple years, b) rebates/more bargaining power c) the possibility of special editions, and d) the wife needs a new car more than I do, so that rules out me getting a new car anytime soon, regardless. :-/

Autotooner 5/6/14 07:25 AM

I'm hoping to buy an 05-09 GT convertible once the new one is out, there are very few in my area right now.

SONICBOOST 5/6/14 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by spectre30068 (Post 6799048)
I bought my 05 GT new, and didn't regret getting the first model year or paying MSRP. I still love it, but am extremely intrigued by the redesign and all its improvements. Having said that, I'm going to wait until the new platform has been out for a couple of years, mainly because a) I'm interested in seeing how they refresh it after its been out for a couple years, b) rebates/more bargaining power c) the possibility of special editions, and d) the wife needs a new car more than I do, so that rules out me getting a new car anytime soon, regardless. :-/

I still get happy when I see an 05 style go by :-) You're already waiting for a re fresh when the current re fresh isn't even fully revealed?

Dash 7 5/16/14 04:05 PM

I still don't get why Ford insisted on wrapping the bottom and back of the new model with the same black plastic "crap" they had in the last incarnation....can anyone explain ?

The quarters and rear lights look good, but from the front, the wrap around lights and "fish lips" grill/hood combo just doesn't do it....looks like the old model had bad plastic surgery done to it and vola'

Tony Alonso 5/16/14 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Dash 7 (Post 6804043)
I still don't get why Ford insisted on wrapping the bottom and back of the new model with the same black plastic "crap" they had in the last incarnation....can anyone explain ?

It visually shrinks the size of the car from the side view, as well as protects against chip damage from the roads.

m05fastbackGT 5/17/14 12:12 PM

Although I really like the technical improvements Ford did with the new S550 such as IRS and it's wider lower stance.. But appearance wise It just doesn't scream out enough to me to justify parting with my current 06 GT that I must have one..

Perhaps it's just me, but the 2015 Mustang just doesn't have the same got to have it impact as the current S-197 did when it was first introduced back in 2004..

Guess I'm just another old fart that's stuck on the classic retro styling of the current 05-14 Mustangs :jester:

Outlander 5/17/14 12:34 PM

I've been out of my GT convertible for a while and am in a Camaro through January 2016. I think that will be a good time to be back in the market.

Thing is, I have a '13 Ram 1500 QC with a Hemi that is just about as much fun and it is much more practical. Maybe I'll upgrade that instead.

For cars and trucks these are very good times we're in.:metal:

ford4v429 5/17/14 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT (Post 6804391)
Although I really like the technical improvements Ford did with the new S550 such as IRS and it's wider lower stance.. But appearance wise It just doesn't scream out enough to me to justify parting with my current 06 GT that I must have one..

I just wish they had a option for the straight axle/smaller V8 so a less expensive V8 mustang could still be had by the average working guy...

Perhaps it's just me, but the 2015 Mustang just doesn't have the same got to have it impact as the current S-197 did when it was first introduced back in 2004..

Guess I'm just another old fart that's stuck on the classic retro styling of the current 05-14 Mustangs :jester:
my thoughts exactly :)

m05fastbackGT 5/17/14 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by ford4v429 (Post 6804452)
I just wish they had a option for the straight axle/smaller V8 so a less expensive V8 mustang could still be had by the average working guy...

Even if they did have an option for the SRA/smaller V8 and less expensive ? I still prefer the classic retro styling of the current 05-14 Mustang over the 2015 anyhow..

I just wish the current Mustang had more of a fastback profile similar with the 1st generation 67-68 models..

Vader99 5/17/14 08:33 PM

I'm glad to see the S197 go. They rode that design for far too long. As far as the retro look goes Dodge owned it with the Challenger. I can't wait to see all the S197 guys eat their words when the '15+ destroys

cdynaco 5/17/14 08:41 PM

:lol:

ford4v429 5/18/14 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Vader99 (Post 6804555)
I'm glad to see the S197 go. They rode that design for far too long. As far as the retro look goes Dodge owned it with the Challenger. I can't wait to see all the S197 guys eat their words when the '15+ destroys

if only the internet were around in the early '70s... I'm pretty sure a lot of the car of the year 74 mustang buyers were glad the earlier ones finally went away too. car of the year, ok, but historically not the most desirable mustang

only time will tell, but in another 50 years bet the early fastback styling will still wow the kids... and 57 chevies, 56 F100's, 69 camaros,chargers,mustangs will still draw more lookers than a svo mustang or even maybe a 03 cobra or 15? classic lines seem to pass the test of time more than performance- just look at the late-great GTO... performance specs had everyone anticipating it, but the styling landed with a thud...

I have zero doubts the 15 4 cylinder will outrun any mustang in my garage, but so would the late GTO (easily)... still no desire calling to me from a looks standpoint on either... the late cobras were cool cars, pretty good lookers too- but not enough looks-wise to lure me into the dealer. we all have our favorites, I hope the 15 finds a whole new generation of 'gotta have it' fans- but from the stuff Ive read to date (even the heading of this thread) [edit- oops, thought this was the 'on the fence' thread] the 15 styling was simply not the initial homerun of the 05 to the lions share of mustang fans. bet the numbers in 05 were >80% positive, on the 15, maybe half that... classic lines never had to 'grow' on folks... new lines often fade into oblivion as the newness wears off, like the oft-forgotten car of the year mustang II.

my wifes lowly 07 V6 ran a faster quarter than my 69 fastback did back in the 80's... I like the looks of the 05-09 S197 a lot, but will always like the 69 fastback more...slower, flimsy, drum-braked, 5/8 swaybarred, rust prone, yep, its a falcon that gained half a ton underneath- but looks-wise, even my diehard GM friends said it was a **** good looking car. every year I hope (and fear the payment) that ford will build a new model more appealing to my minds eye than the 69, and it hasnt happened yet... the s197 was close (we have three, one stored with 4 miles on it) but still, I wouldnt have traded my rotted shell of a 69 for one.

I was never a big fan of 50's cars though, yet gotta admit the 57 chevy was a great looking car. my first new car was a 85 camaro- but I liked the 69 camaro a lot more looks-wise

we all have our favorites, perhaps some like me, in my generation are just becoming old fuddy-duddies, stuck in our ways or whatnot- and I sincerely hope the 15 grows the biggest fanbase ever. in 5 years we'll see.