2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2017 Mustang GT Under 2k Miles getting Random Misfire and CEL. Help!

Search this Thread

Old 6/25/17, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 Mustang GT Under 2k Miles getting Random Misfire and CEL. Help!

Hello everyone,

I own a 2017 Mustang GT with Roush Supercharger Phase 1 installed by the Dealer. Less than 2K miles I got a CEL and the codes were Random multiple misfire.

It starterd when I was on my way to work. I was driving second gear on high RPM about 5-6K then flashing CEL showed on my dash. I immediately slowed down and the CEL dissapeard. I did not notice and bog on the car or loss of power. Few hours later during my lunch time at work I decided to take the car to the freeway to test it out or recreate the problem. I tried driving it and it felt like a champ like nothing happened. As soon as I exit the ramp I tried to recreate the scenario in second gear high RPM, as soon I was over 5k miles my CEL started flashing. And the flash become solid and never went away. The car feels and runs brand new and I have no clue what is going on. I have schedule appointment at my local dealer but it won't be until next week. I was hoping someone can chime in.
Old 6/25/17, 12:53 PM
GT Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
it's under warranty, so let them figure it out
Old 6/30/17, 12:07 AM

Here is the update:

6/28: dealer got the car early morning. Got a call late afternoon saying that it seems like the vehicle is not actually misfiring but it's setting misfire codes from cylinder 6. They communicated back and fourth with a roush technician performing different types of test. They said they will try again tomorrow as roush tech department will be closing soon.

6/29: didn't get call early in the morning so I decided to call late noon around 5PM. I got a hold of a tech that is working on my car he states that they are waiting for a reply from roush but it takes them some time to reply back. They will attempt to move the coil from cyclnder 6 to a a different cylinder to see if the problem moves to determain the issue.
Old 8/18/17, 09:57 AM

Any update

any update as to what they found wrong
Old 8/18/17, 10:14 AM

It was just a fuel injector
Old 8/29/17, 05:47 PM
GT Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by GT_Noy
It was just a fuel injector
That could have gotten real bad real fast...