2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2016 Sync 3 Navigation Problems - HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 5/28/16, 07:55 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 Sync 3 Navigation Problems - HELP!

Greetings,

My wife is experiencing some problems with her Sync 3 Navigation/Radio.

Anyone else experiencing this with their Radio/Sync 3 in a 2016 Mustang??
This occurs while driving, parked, idling, etc... And has happened when the iPhone is connected, playing music, on a call, & when playing a CD.

The radio and buttons will completely freeze for 10-30 seconds. Sometimes there is a "skipping/broken record sound", sometimes it just freezes (can't turn the radio on/off, change climate, change source), sometimes the screen will just Reset with Nothing on. The pony logo appears during the reset.

We did a factory reset and that worked for awhile, but it has started again. This is getting more frequently lately - now is occurring every 2-3 days and sometimes up to 2x/day.

Thoughts? Suggestions? This is the car my wife has waited for a long time & she's so happy to have it but gotta say, this is becoming a bit frustrating. I haven't taken it back to the dealership yet, just wanted to see if others out there had the same/similar problems!!!

Thank you for your time.
Old 5/28/16, 09:10 AM
GT Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
I have not experienced that exact problem but lately my problem has been the bluetooth disconnecting from the phone with music. The phone (Galaxy Note Edge) is still connected via bluetooth, yet the music will not play on the radio, just the phone. It disconnected several times last night. I know there is supposed to be a software update later this year. Maybe this will fix all these small bugs! Then again it could just be the phone having issues. Other than that though I think the SYNC 3 has performed pretty good. It's still fast to navigate through everything. It recognizes my voice very well!
Old 5/28/16, 06:44 PM
GT Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
I have not had any problems like this in mine. 6290 miles so far since January. The only issue that has happened more than once is my phone connects and says a call is in progress. But I can't use the car controls to cancel the call. It sort of holds the sound system hostage until I take my phone and power up to the main screen. This only happens when I am starting the car.
Old 5/31/16, 08:49 AM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey all,

I see that you're all experiencing different issues with your SYNC 3 systems. I recommend performing a module reset to fix these glitches. To do so, Select radio > Hold the power button (center of the volume ****) + the right-seek button at the same time for up to 5 seconds. Keep me posted!

Cara
Old 6/1/16, 05:34 AM
GT Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hey all,

I see that you're all experiencing different issues with your SYNC 3 systems. I recommend performing a module reset to fix these glitches. To do so, Select radio > Hold the power button (center of the volume ****) + the right-seek button at the same time for up to 5 seconds. Keep me posted!

Cara
Is there any news on when the SYNC 3 update is coming to support Android Auto???
Old 6/1/16, 05:54 AM
V6 Member

Cara,

Ours does not have the power switch inside the volume dial. It's in the center below the nav system. Will it still work the same way? Also, is this like a factory reset? If so, we have tried that twice.

Thank you for the response.

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hey all,

Cara
Old 6/1/16, 06:44 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
Originally Posted by mlcinema
Cara,

Ours does not have the power switch inside the volume dial. It's in the center below the nav system. Will it still work the same way? Also, is this like a factory reset? If so, we have tried that twice.

The symbol in the volume **** implies it is a power button. Is this not the case?
Old 6/1/16, 07:29 AM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by CoyotePremium13
Is there any news on when the SYNC 3 update is coming to support Android Auto???
CoyotePremium13,

There is no ETA on the update release, but that it will be available later this year. Keep checking back for info!

Originally Posted by mlcinema
Cara,

mlcinema,

Please check your PM for my response.

Cara
Old 6/1/16, 11:45 AM
V6 Member

Ya, it's weird. There are 2 power buttons. Not sure why....

Originally Posted by SpectreH
The symbol in the volume **** implies it is a power button. Is this not the case?