2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 GT Color Help...

Search this Thread

Old 6/8/15, 02:41 PM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 GT Color Help...

I need help deciding which color to go with. The dealer will be receiving a BLACK Mustang at the end of June. I can take that one, OR wait until Mid August for the RUBY RED one. I was originally going to take the Black one, but then a week later changed my mind, so the dealer ordered the Ruby Red for me. However, this one isn't even scheduled to be built until July 20th, with an EDD of August 12th.

Do I take the Black one or hold out for the Ruby Red?

Thanks Mustang peeps!
Old 6/8/15, 02:46 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I like the Ruby Red more and Black is so hard to keep clean. The Ruby Red has a metallic flake in it also.
Old 6/8/15, 03:28 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Black.
Attached Thumbnails 2015 GT Color Help...-img_2639.jpg  
Old 6/8/15, 03:56 PM
V6 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Spending this much on a car should convince you to get EXACTLY what you want! If you have to wait a little longer so be it.
Old 6/8/15, 04:11 PM
V6 Member

The Mustang looks awesome in black. But, a hour after you wash it, it will look dirty again. I owned one black car, never again.
Old 6/8/15, 04:13 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by buckethead1
Spending this much on a car should convince you to get EXACTLY what you want! If you have to wait a little longer so be it.
Good point, indeed! I have been "fickle" about the color from day one. LOL
Old 6/8/15, 04:15 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Mustm26
The Mustang looks awesome in black. But, a hour after you wash it, it will look dirty again. I owned one black car, never again.
Thanks! My very first Mustang GT (2000) was black. It was nice when it was clean. Black does seem to have a layer of "dust" on it all of the time. Pretty color for sports cars though.
Old 6/8/15, 08:47 PM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by mustang09girl
Thanks! My very first Mustang GT (2000) was black. It was nice when it was clean. Black does seem to have a layer of "dust" on it all of the time. Pretty color for sports cars though.
Unless you're retired like me and can devote much of your life to maintaining a black car, think real hard. I actually enjoy cleaning and caring for mine, and I keep it shiny and fresh looking practically 100% of the time. Nothing looks better than black when it's maintained. Nothing looks worse when it's not. Black cars are a total commitment. Fortunately I have the time and desire to commit. Not everyone is willing or able to do what I do.

If you're like many of us here who want their cars looking as good as possible at all times, Ruby Red isn't as offensive looking with a slight layer of dust or road grime as black is. A few fingerprints or smudges on mine makes me nuts. And Ruby Red is as an outstanding color on the 2015 as it is on the S197.

Either way though and you'll turn heads. I've grown to like the 2015 very much.

Good luck.
Old 6/9/15, 09:08 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
Unless you're retired like me and can devote much of your life to maintaining a black car, think real hard. I actually enjoy cleaning and caring for mine, and I keep it shiny and fresh looking practically 100% of the time. Nothing looks better than black when it's maintained. Nothing looks worse when it's not. Black cars are a total commitment. Fortunately I have the time and desire to commit. Not everyone is willing or able to do what I do.

If you're like many of us here who want their cars looking as good as possible at all times, Ruby Red isn't as offensive looking with a slight layer of dust or road grime as black is. A few fingerprints or smudges on mine makes me nuts. And Ruby Red is as an outstanding color on the 2015 as it is on the S197.

Either way though and you'll turn heads. I've grown to like the 2015 very much.

Good luck.
Hey! I'm sort of retired; I'm a stay at home mom. :-) I take really good care of my '09 Mustang, which is brilliant silver.

I was chuckling at your comment about the "finger prints" on a black car. When I test drove the 2015, it was a black one, and when I got out of the car, all I could see were the finger prints on the door. This made me crazy! But, you're right, when a black car is clean and well maintained, they are gorgeous! With that said, I think that I will stick with the ruby red. I just wish that it wasn't going to take so long to be built. ((sigh)).

Enjoy your car; yes they are fun to drive!
Old 6/9/15, 09:18 AM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I really like the 2015 in Ruby Red. Like others have said if you want black be prepared to spend a lot of time on detailing and freaking out about every small scratch and swirl mark that shows up.
Old 6/9/15, 04:31 PM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by mustangfan410
I really like the 2015 in Ruby Red. Like others have said if you want black be prepared to spend a lot of time on detailing and freaking out about every small scratch and swirl mark that shows up.
My DA buffer is the great equalizer. Just when I was getting discouraged and frustrated after just one year with swirls and holograms, the buffer helped me enjoy black at a whole new level.
Old 6/9/15, 06:24 PM
GT Member

Love my deep impact blue... I have had people pull along side and point to my 2015 gt premium shaker....
And give a thumbs up.... numerous compliments!! Wow !!! Or is it because I am 67 yrs. Old And they're saying nice car for old man !!
Old 6/9/15, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No one else can tell you what color you're going to be satisfied with.
Old 6/10/15, 12:48 AM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by super-six
Truth!

However on the 15's I see around town (and there's a lot) personally i love ingot silver and ruby red. The silver compliments the lines and design very well and ruby red is just such a classy color. One guy with a ruby 5.0 has a set of shiny gold wheels (you can tell it's a garage kept car since it's always clean) and gold 5.0 badges and its hands down one of the best looking S550's I've ever seen pictures or otherwise
Old 6/10/15, 03:39 AM
V6 Member

Ordinarily I'd vote for black, but with the 2015's I feel like the lighter colors just work better. Personally, I'm in love with Guard. But if those are your two options, I'd go for the red.

Also, having had uh...a half dozen or so black vehicles, unless you intend to keep it mostly garage kept, I wouldn't go with black. Such a nightmare to maintain. That's why I went with a metallic silver this time around, myself.
Old 6/10/15, 10:07 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by esfkotaro
Ordinarily I'd vote for black, but with the 2015's I feel like the lighter colors just work better. Personally, I'm in love with Guard. But if those are your two options, I'd go for the red. Also, having had uh...a half dozen or so black vehicles, unless you intend to keep it mostly garage kept, I wouldn't go with black. Such a nightmare to maintain. That's why I went with a metallic silver this time around, myself.
Be brave......is what my wife said to me when she suggested CO was the color for us. I took her advice and to my relief I have fallen in live with the choice. BTW it took only 2 days for this to happen!
Old 6/10/15, 02:24 PM
Bullitt Member

My '14 in Ruby Red is gorgeous.

That said, there's a bloke around the corner with a '15 convertible in Ruby Red, with the 50th anniversary badging. It looks absolutely MINT.

But as others have said, go with your heart. If you're custom ordering, getting the right color for you is absolutely worth the wait, even if it takes 3 months to arrive.

Just a note: the Ruby Red color looks very different in different lighting conditions. In full sunshine, it looks much lighter and beautifully, sparklingly bright. In darker conditions (when it is cloudy, or at dusk), its color darkens to something more maroon in nature.

Last edited by Mrsuitcase; 6/10/15 at 02:28 PM.
Old 6/10/15, 02:42 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by buckethead1
Agreed! There was a reason why I changed my mind and I need to stick with that decision. Thanks
Old 6/10/15, 03:14 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by super-six
True! I just wanted to hear others opinions. Thanks
Old 6/10/15, 03:15 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by mustangfan410
Agreed! Thanks!

Quick Reply: 2015 GT Color Help...