Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Wrinkled Recaros?

Search this Thread

Old 4/18/13, 11:31 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wrinkled Recaros?

So, as I sit here in Laguardia airport waiting to get home, my lovely wife has taken a trip to the dealership to snag a few pics if my fresh-off-the-truck car (awesome right?). I noticed that the passenger side bottom bolster is pretty wrinkled. Did anybody else's have this? That doesn't look like it'll flatten out to me but I haven't had a lot of leather vehicles.

Name:  lFO95Gc.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  84.6 KB
Old 4/18/13, 11:36 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Leather is going to wrinkle and wear.
Old 4/18/13, 11:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
quality leather conditioner will help.
Old 4/18/13, 11:44 AM
GT Member

Tell them to fix it, shouldnt be like that.. or take boiling hot water with a cloth.. wring the cloth out and let it sit, leather should contract..
Old 4/18/13, 11:45 AM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
yep, thats pretty normal. Almost 1000 miles on my car so far and getting in and out of the seats have made them look just like this
Old 4/18/13, 11:47 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Fullahead
So, as I sit here in Laguardia airport waiting to get home, my lovely wife has taken a trip to the dealership to snag a few pics if my fresh-off-the-truck car (awesome right?). I noticed that the passenger side bottom bolster is pretty wrinkled. Did anybody else's have this? That doesn't look like it'll flatten out to me but I haven't had a lot of leather vehicles.

IMGURIAN?!?!? We just became friends!

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

While Joe is right I wouldn't take a NEW vehicle with it already wrinkled. At least see how the dealer will help you (that's a laugh), but if they don't it's not the end of the world. like mentioned above there are ways to help it
Old 4/18/13, 12:06 PM
GT Member

So will my wife, doesn't mean I'm going to start out with a grandma.

Originally Posted by JeffL
quality leather conditioner will help.
Yeah, I've got a brand new set of Leatherique at the house. Never used it before though. I know it's being nitpicky but I shouldnt have to do that to a brand new car.

Originally Posted by steve03gt
Tell them to fix it, shouldnt be like that.. or take boiling hot water with a cloth.. wring the cloth out and let it sit, leather should contract..
I've heard of this trick, may have to give it a try. Althought I shouldn't be having to in the first place...

Originally Posted by Shelby08
IMGURIAN?!?!? We just became friends!

While Joe is right I wouldn't take a NEW vehicle with it already wrinkled. At least see how the dealer will help you (that's a laugh), but if they don't it's not the end of the world. like mentioned above there are ways to help it
Friends: confirmed.

I agree, it's going to do that.... But, the future tense isn't so much the point here as it is the present tense. I can't get too worked up though, I haven't seen it for myself yet.

I mentioned it to my salesman and he assured me that if its not right they will take care of it nbd, since it would be warranty issue.
Old 4/18/13, 12:10 PM
Banned

How long have you had the car and how often is someone sitting in the passenger seat?
Old 4/18/13, 12:22 PM
GT Member

How long have you had the car and how often is someone sitting in the passenger seat?
I haven't even taken delivery of it yet, it arrived at the dealership yesterday.
Old 4/18/13, 12:26 PM
Banned

I haven't even taken delivery of it yet, it arrived at the dealership yesterday.
Oh ****!! Tell the dealer no **** way!!! Haha
Old 4/18/13, 12:33 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Old 4/18/13, 12:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

My seats have more wrinkles than your grandma's ****. Been like that since the first few days of ownership. Not much you can do about it. I have read that someone got Ford to swap out their seats which I might take advantage of before the warranty is up.
Old 4/18/13, 12:41 PM
GT Member

Haha, yeah. I told the dealership not to lay a finger on it too, so there's been no service road test, no front plate, no car wash, no plastic removal. Just off the truck, and parked. Assuming it wasn't one of the 5% tha are road tested at the factory then I don't think anyone has ever been in that seat.

Like I said, I haven't personally seen it yet, but I have a feeling that's not going to fly...
Old 4/18/13, 12:43 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My seatbelt is causing some wear on the driver side cloth Recaro. I'm pretty sure it will be taken care of when I get back from here. Sucks that it's a brand new car and you are having that issue.
Old 4/18/13, 12:47 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow tell them to fix that for sure.
Old 4/18/13, 01:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Haha, yeah. I told the dealership not to lay a finger on it too, so there's been no service road test, no front plate, no car wash, no plastic removal. Just off the truck, and parked. Assuming it wasn't one of the 5% tha are road tested at the factory then I don't think anyone has ever been in that seat.

Like I said, I haven't personally seen it yet, but I have a feeling that's not going to fly...
Then there should still be plastic covering the seats and steering wheel ... someone's already removed all that.
Old 4/18/13, 01:54 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Do they have any other cars to compare it to? It might straighten itself out or it might just get worse. Without comparing them to one next to it, it might be tough to get resolved. The dealer is gonna call it normal unless one next to it isn't wrinkled. If you do take it the way it is, condition the hell out of if.
Old 4/18/13, 02:12 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Wow... I remember what I specifically told my dealer:

"I want to know WHEN that truck arrives. And when it arrives, I want to watch it come off the truck. I want to know who drives it off the truck, and watch it get parked by the front door. You can do your delivery inspection with me standing there. NO ONE is to remove ANY plastic or stickers except me."

I peeled everything off myself, and unwrapped everything off myself. I remember it like it was yesterday... like a Christmas gift. I was giddy as hell. I remember writing a thread on here about it.

Bottomline: if that car ain't perfect I would not (you should not) accept delivery.
Old 4/18/13, 03:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member Moderator

Received 531 Likes on 231 Posts
I've heard of this trick, may have to give it a try. Althought I shouldn't be having to in the first place...
And in a perfect world, you shouldn't have to wipe your @$$ but what are ya gonna do?

Don't worry. Be happy.
Old 4/18/13, 03:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
And in a perfect world, you shouldn't have to wipe your @$$ but what are ya gonna do?

Don't worry. Be happy.
I'm supposed to wipe my own ***?!?!?

Quick Reply: Wrinkled Recaros?