Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Windshield Wiper Speeds not Adequate..

Search this Thread

Old 8/9/13, 06:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Windshield Wiper Speeds not Adequate..

I find the speed of the fastest windshield wiper setting to be NOT adequate. I drove through a couple heavy storms today and was disappointed with how fast they go (or don't go). I had to drastically reduce my speed due to poor visibility. They could definitely use another speed.

Does anyone else feel this way? Or, am I just going nuts!
Old 8/9/13, 06:15 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Hmm, first time I've ever heard of that. Mine can go so fast I feel like they are going to break off so I don't use them at that speed often
Old 8/9/13, 06:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Use some Rain-X.
Old 8/9/13, 07:06 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by rriddle3
Use some Rain-X.
Great stuff! It'll bead the rain right off your window! At some speeds it works so good you don't even need your wipers!
Old 8/9/13, 07:40 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Normally not a problem. But I went through a real cloud burst in June and had to slow down to 45-50 on the freeway with the wipers on fastest. Could barely see. But everyone else had to slow down too. So sometimes mother nature reminds you who's in charge.
Old 8/9/13, 07:42 PM
GTR Member

You're supposed to slow down when it rains that hard, just don't do it in front of me...
Old 8/9/13, 07:48 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
You're supposed to slow down when it rains that hard, just don't do it in front of me...
Yeah I was concerned about that with cars behind and a semi-truck to my right. But like I said everyone had to throttle back just to see. Thankfully I was in the lead so I kept pushing forward and soon outran it. And everyone else.
Its just another reminder that Eugene Oregon SUCKS! Hate driving through that area. Wettest place on earth.
Old 8/9/13, 07:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 547 Likes on 355 Posts
Rain X, then at highway speed I have them on the Longest Hesitate speed because wipers are required by law if raining. And yes the people with the wipers going as fast as they can go and still cannot see do look at you strange
Old 8/9/13, 07:58 PM
Bullitt Member

I'll have to give Rain-X a try then. Sounds like a project for tomorrow
Old 8/9/13, 08:36 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Funny...had mine 2 years now and have never used the wipers....
Old 8/9/13, 09:39 PM
GT Member

I feel the same way about mine too.... Sometimes i have to just pull over. My AC is also sub-par.... Any chevy AC will knock your freakin socks off
Old 8/9/13, 09:42 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I removed my wipers and washer fluid to save weight
Old 8/9/13, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by dave07
I'll have to give Rain-X a try then. Sounds like a project for tomorrow
rain-x has an orange windshield washer fluid that applies the wax when used. it's great for lazy people lol. but if you do buy the rain-x wax separately, having their washer fluid makes it last a bit longer.
Old 8/10/13, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by F.D. Sako

rain-x has an orange windshield washer fluid that applies the wax when used. it's great for lazy people lol. but if you do buy the rain-x wax separately, having their washer fluid makes it last a bit longer.
I have used the Rain-X washer fluid. It works but at night in the rain when you meet another car the windshield will glare over from the other cars head lights.
Old 8/10/13, 09:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by YouGoGlenCocoa
I feel the same way about mine too.... Sometimes i have to just pull over. My AC is also sub-par.... Any chevy AC will knock your freakin socks off
I feel the same way about our AC! Our work has some Ford Fusions that blow ice cold. Wish my mustang was like that.
Old 8/10/13, 09:48 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I feel the same way about our AC! Our work has some Ford Fusions that blow ice cold. Wish my mustang was like that.
Yep, the ac sucks
Old 8/13/13, 10:50 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 387 Likes on 284 Posts
I find the speed of the fastest windshield wiper setting to be NOT adequate. I drove through a couple heavy storms today and was disappointed with how fast they go (or don't go). I had to drastically reduce my speed due to poor visibility. They could definitely use another speed.

Does anyone else feel this way? Or, am I just going nuts!
Dave, RainX will help. But, what you stated is exactly what you should do in a heavy downpour. Heavy rain + speed makes it nearly impossible for the wipers to clear the rain no matter how fast they run.
Old 8/22/13, 10:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

I was about to post a thread on this subject myself- then thought I'd do a search first...

I just made my first road trip in my '14, and got into some moderately heavy rain. I was shocked at how slow the fastest speed on the wipers is- I had to slow WAY down just to maintain visibility.

I'm all for slowing down in heavy rain, but these are the slowest wipers I've ever seen!

The A/C, on the other hand, is quite good in my car (and I live in Dallas, TX - AKA "hell's waiting room"). I just wish I could figure out a way to set the default setting for recirculate to "ON."
Old 8/22/13, 10:59 PM
Bullitt Member

I have the Same problem with the wipers on my 2010. on the highest speed even at 45mph they don't seem adequate, However my a/c works great you could hand meat in there. But come to think of it my wifes charger has sucky wipers to...
Old 8/22/13, 11:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

rain-x works wonders! i never have to even use my wipers really.

Originally Posted by Varilux
The A/C, on the other hand, is quite good in my car (and I live in Dallas, TX - AKA "hell's waiting room"). I just wish I could figure out a way to set the default setting for recirculate to "ON."
my ac is amazing too but i recovered, evacuated, and recharged the system after i got it. it made it sooo much better. for some reason there was moisture in the system from the factory. and i use recirculate all the time too and had to keep pressing the button. im not sure if i have just got accustomed to pressing it to were i dont think about it or if it just stays on it now but i dont remember pressing it in a while.

Quick Reply: Windshield Wiper Speeds not Adequate..