Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

wierd brake, traction control issue

Search this Thread

Old 6/1/14, 02:30 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wierd brake, traction control issue

I have a 2010 base gt. The other day I was going to pick up my son and his school is on a very curvy road. As I was getting into a 90 degree turn and was on the brakes I felt this wierd thumping in the brake. Almost like abs kicking in on ice. As well as a clicking sound. As I got out of the curve and started to go the wheel pulled hard left. If felt as if the left front brake locked up. I had no power.I had to get on it just to get moving. It felt like it let go the car started to chime and the advanced track and traction control lights flashed. I got to the school and thought maybe a brake line blew. There was nothing. I when I got back in the car the lights had went away. I drove all the way home and it did it turning into my addition. I did notice it only happened on right hand turns. I'm thinking abs or a speed sensor is out. Has anyone else ever have this happen?
Old 6/1/14, 02:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by crazietj
I have a 2010 base gt. The other day I was going to pick up my son and his school is on a very curvy road. As I was getting into a 90 degree turn and was on the brakes I felt this wierd thumping in the brake. Almost like abs kicking in on ice. As well as a clicking sound. As I got out of the curve and started to go the wheel pulled hard left. If felt as if the left front brake locked up. I had no power.I had to get on it just to get moving. It felt like it let go the car started to chime and the advanced track and traction control lights flashed. I got to the school and thought maybe a brake line blew. There was nothing. I when I got back in the car the lights had went away. I drove all the way home and it did it turning into my addition. I did notice it only happened on right hand turns. I'm thinking abs or a speed sensor is out. Has anyone else ever have this happen?
I had this in my Audi A8. The right hand ABS sensor wire was damaged at the connector, and every time you do a right turn, TC & ABS lights came on. Replacing the sensor helped.

Try to pull slightly at the cable and see if the light comes on. If yes, replace the sensor.
LEXiiON

Last edited by LEXiiON; 6/1/14 at 02:51 PM.