Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

track apps issues..

Search this Thread

Old 9/17/12, 04:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
track apps issues..

I have a 2013 with the track apps and on several occasions I have went in to look at the saved times and they are gone. all of the 0-30, 0-60, 0-100 accelleration tests will show 2.2 seconds and the timed area will show 100 seconds.. Has this happened to anyone else..? If so do you have a tune?
It's becoming a problem to have to go out and reset all of my best times every other week...
Old 9/17/12, 07:15 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
I have the same thing happening. And now that you mention tune that may be the issue. I have been doing some testing and evaluating on different tunes for Doug and so have swapped tunes several times. I didn't make the connection that the history ends up cleared out after each tune is swapped until your post.

Glad I didn't tell the dealership to check that while they have the car (my ambient lighting keeps going out - mainly the red color goes out).
Old 9/17/12, 07:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have only installed the tune one time so it's not clearing out because of a tune change. The first time it happened I thought it was on me but then I started paying attention and sure enough it's resetting on its own.
Old 9/18/12, 07:51 AM
V6 Member

I noticed mine said 2.3 seconds. I think I cleared mine out though bc I didn't get any good times. I'll check when I get home this afternoon. No tune on mine.
Old 9/18/12, 07:25 PM
V6 Member

Convenient

"...No, seriously, I had a 4.5 second 0-60 time. Here, look...aw shucks, the computer "erased" it..."

I actually haven't used my track apps yet. Hopefully I don't have the same problem.
Good luck figuring it out!
Old 9/19/12, 08:09 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 13GuTh
"...No, seriously, I had a 4.5 second 0-60 time. Here, look...aw shucks, the computer "erased" it..."

I actually haven't used my track apps yet. Hopefully I don't have the same problem.
Good luck figuring it out!
Well mine reset the 0-100 to 2.3 seconds I'll take that any day haha.
Old 9/19/12, 10:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

I haven't tried using mine yet but hopefully they work when I do try.

Last edited by MBarrette10; 9/19/12 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Wrong thread.
Old 9/19/12, 01:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Mine won't save 0-30mph runs, and the times won't transfer to the "All Time Best" screen... Not sure what the issue is, but it doesn't bother me that much
Old 2/20/13, 06:01 PM

My Track Apps disappeared completely! LC, ride , and Steer buttons do nothing.
Anyone else have this happen?
Will have to see what the dealer says after I take it in.
2013 Shelby GT SVT "Fully Loaded"
Old 2/26/13, 06:58 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Shelby2013
My Track Apps disappeared completely! LC, ride , and Steer buttons do nothing.
Anyone else have this happen?
Will have to see what the dealer says after I take it in.
2013 Shelby GT SVT "Fully Loaded"
Hello Shelby2013,

I recommend you bring your vehicle in to your Ford dealer and have it checked out. Then, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can escalate this to the customer service manager for your area.

Deysha
Old 2/26/13, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Hello Shelby2013,

I recommend you bring your vehicle in to your Ford dealer and have it checked out. Then, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can escalate this to the customer service manager for your area.

Deysha

Thank you Deysha, That is exactly what I did yesterday. SVT guy said to try the other key, and that should allow me to reset the "My Key" feature. Unfortunately my dealership of choice is 1 and a half hours away. So, when I got home, I grabbed the other "Administrator" key, and I had full use of everything again. I then reset all keys to remove "My Key". All is good again. Found out that since I received the car, I was not using the Administrator key, and I had turned on "My Key". "My Key" lets you set restrictions and it disables the Track Applications. I did not notice this when it happened because I don't use the tracks apps very often.

Note to All ! Always take ALL of your keys with you when you take your car in for service or maintenance.
Old 2/28/13, 09:20 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Shelby2013
Thank you Deysha, That is exactly what I did yesterday. SVT guy said to try the other key, and that should allow me to reset the "My Key" feature. Unfortunately my dealership of choice is 1 and a half hours away. So, when I got home, I grabbed the other "Administrator" key, and I had full use of everything again. I then reset all keys to remove "My Key". All is good again. Found out that since I received the car, I was not using the Administrator key, and I had turned on "My Key". "My Key" lets you set restrictions and it disables the Track Applications. I did not notice this when it happened because I don't use the tracks apps very often.

Note to All ! Always take ALL of your keys with you when you take your car in for service or maintenance.
You're very welcome, Shelby2013. Glad to learn all is well.

Deysha