Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Suing Ford for a 2nd Time!

Old 5/5/15, 07:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Suing Ford for a 2nd Time!

Back in September 2014 I decided to call the lemon law people because I was sick and tired of taking my car back for the same issues and having no resolutions for my problems. I ended up settling with Ford around the beginning of February. The agreement was they give me $4500 and I drop the lawsuit against them. I agreed mostly due to the fact the trial would be almost a year away and I figure my issues would be resolved after dropping the suit. I requested that this clause be placed in the settlement agreement due to my local dealerships denying me warranty appointments:

“I retain the right to have warranty services performed upon the subject vehicle for the duration of all applicable warranties. This release does not in any way void any portion of any applicable warranties and Ford Motor Company will still perform warranty services on the subject vehicle, if needed, for the duration of said warranties.

Fast forward to March 31st. I get my settlement check and at the advice of my counsel I call to make an appointment at my local dealership. Service adviser says I need to make an appointment through the owner of the dealership, lol. So I call him and leave him repeated messages. No return calls what-so-ever(this is over a course of a few weeks).

I get fed up and call my lawyer and he says that he will talk to Fords lawyer to get the dealership to comply. Sweet, finally some progress. This was about 3 weeks ago. About a week ago my lawyer says if I don't get an appointment by May 4th (yesterday) that he will sue Ford for breach of warranty, again. I have yet to receive a call from Ford or my dealership where I bought my car as of today May 5th.

So, here I am suing Ford for a second time because I can't get a **** service appointment. Thanks Ford . I hope someone reading this decides to NOT buy your POS cars that you don't stand behind. If your lawyers can't get your dealerships in line then who will?!? Btw the dealership is Luther Ford Lincoln in Homer City, PA.

Sincerely a frustrated and regretful customer.
-Dave

Last edited by dave07; 5/12/15 at 04:28 PM.
Old 5/5/15, 07:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
It's simple Dave, they figure they can pay you another $4500 to go away. My suggestion is to get a settlement sufficiently large enough to really get their attention.
Old 5/6/15, 04:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 3point7
It's simple Dave, they figure they can pay you another $4500 to go away. My suggestion is to get a settlement sufficiently large enough to really get their attention.
The $4500 was an estimate about how much my car value was diminished due to all the problems. I'm curious as to how much I will get now? But I agree with you, its time to hit them hard. Not only are they violating our agreement but they are violating warranty laws.
Old 5/6/15, 04:52 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Have you tried a different dealer?

I mean, yeah it's ****ty that this one won't even give you the time of day, but maybe a different one will treat you right, and you can avoid any further hassles?
Old 5/6/15, 04:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Joeywhat
Have you tried a different dealer?

I mean, yeah it's ****ty that this one won't even give you the time of day, but maybe a different one will treat you right, and you can avoid any further hassles?
Yes. I have tried the next closest dealer. When I called them and told them all my issues that needed addressed, they asked me where I purchased my car from then proceed to tell me I should take it there. After that, I figured I would focus my efforts on my selling dealership. I believe the next dealership after the 2 around me are an hour or more away. I even told Fords lawyer I would be willing to drive my car an or two away to a good dealership if he could get my issues fixed. He didn't bite, haha.

I just have a hard time believing Ford can't control there dealerships at all. Like threaten to take away there new car incentives/rebates or something.
Old 5/6/15, 05:59 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
What area do you live in? Seems odd that no dealers around there would want the warranty work...they must do a good job scamming people for non warranty work to warrant that attitude.

Plenty of dealers by me that are more then happy to do warranty work...they certainly make money off it.

At this point I'd almost look into just getting rid of the car, hopefully via Ford buying it back or something. I would never trust a dealer to properly fix a car when they're being forced to do it...
Old 5/6/15, 06:16 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
What area do you live in? Seems odd that no dealers around there would want the warranty work.
Back in the late 70's before I got into insurance, I worked for a few years as a service advisor in a Ford, then an L-M dealership.

We always welcomed "visiting owners" because their warranty work was not charged against our dealership service department.

No idea if it's the same way now though.
Old 5/6/15, 06:19 AM
Bullitt Member

What area do you live in? Seems odd that no dealers around there would want the warranty work...they must do a good job scamming people for non warranty work to warrant that attitude.

Plenty of dealers by me that are more then happy to do warranty work...they certainly make money off it.

At this point I'd almost look into just getting rid of the car, hopefully via Ford buying it back or something. I would never trust a dealer to properly fix a car when they're being forced to do it...
I live in Indiana, PA. It's about an hour and a half North East of Pittsburgh in the middle of nowhere. I find it odd to that they dislike warranty work. Maybe since there the only game in town they are busy with service work? Could be a lot of marcellus companies being around here to. I always see a Halliburton truck in there service yard. I don't know.

Yeap. This is the last straw. The car will be gone once there is a resolution to this suit.
Old 5/8/15, 06:57 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The situation sucks. I hope you get your issues resolved. Try dealing with the same thing in Germany. The parts for my warranty work just arrived and are still coming in for a claim started in February at this dealership. The first one was tried last year before Halloween. Wish you luck.
Old 5/8/15, 08:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Stevedotmil
The situation sucks. I hope you get your issues resolved. Try dealing with the same thing in Germany. The parts for my warranty work just arrived and are still coming in for a claim started in February at this dealership. The first one was tried last year before Halloween. Wish you luck.
Ouch. That's a long time to wait. Were the parts on back order or does it just take that long to ship them over there. I've been following your pinion seal thread (I have the same issue). How far are you away from your dealerships? Are there a lot of ford dealerships over there?
Old 5/8/15, 08:25 PM
Bullitt Member

What area do you live in? Seems odd that no dealers around there would want the warranty work...they must do a good job scamming people for non warranty work to warrant that attitude. Plenty of dealers by me that are more then happy to do warranty work...they certainly make money off it. At this point I'd almost look into just getting rid of the car, hopefully via Ford buying it back or something. I would never trust a dealer to properly fix a car when they're being forced to do it...
Agree with Joeywhat. Maybe time for a C7 Vette? I am getting worried about my '12 GT Vert. I only have 26K miles. Crappy Chinese Getrag 6MT has been weird since I got it At first I thought it only because it needed breaking in. But gremlins still live in there Problems are intermittent and not easy to diagnose. These cars do not seem biut to last. All around the car I see "CIPs" done by the bean counters and engineers (cost improvement programs)
Old 5/8/15, 09:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by redneb
Agree with Joeywhat. Maybe time for a C7 Vette? I am getting worried about my '12 GT Vert. I only have 26K miles. Crappy Chinese Getrag 6MT has been weird since I got it At first I thought it only because it needed breaking in. But gremlins still live in there Problems are intermittent and not easy to diagnose. These cars do not seem biut to last. All around the car I see "CIPs" done by the bean counters and engineers (cost improvement programs)

I have to agree and it's disappointing because I really am a Mustang fan. But when you have things like not painting the rear axles to save a couple of bucks on the cost of paint you have to wonder. Now I have a nice rusty rear axle so Ford could save a few bucks on production cost.

I see a lot of guys talking about their AC compressor failing with 40 to 60 thousand miles on the car. Seems to be a regular thing.

The hood corrosion issue that Ford has never addressed and pretends like it's not real.

I don't know about the rest of you that have the P Zero tires but personally I have found them to be the singular most annoying thing about this car. The road noise coming off of them is ridiculous. I've had Jeeps with all terrain tires that made less noise. Obviously a cheap tire.

There is no telling where else they cut corners to build the car as cheaply as possible and then charge the customer 25 to 50 grand for it.

Personally I've reached the end of my interest in cars like this. I'm going to pay it down some and get myself a good rugged used pickup truck that will last 10 or 12 years with no problem. If I ever do buy another sports coupe its not going to be a daily driver. It'll be a Vette like you mentioned and I'll just drive it on the weekends. I'll be that typical old codger that drives a Vette lol. Probably poke around at 45 mph everywhere and **** everyone off.
Old 5/9/15, 06:43 AM
Bullitt Member

C7 Vette . If only I could afford. I'll be getting a new Silverado next. Getting married, probably buying a house soon, and will most likely be starting a family in the next few years. My sport car days are numbered. Was hoping to keep the Mustang for life but that is thrown out the window now!
Old 5/9/15, 06:54 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
Hi Dave
Old 5/12/15, 04:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Hello Glenn! Lawyers called today and said they filed suit. Apparently my lawyer was on vacation last week. I have a team of 2 lawyers now, haha! Hopefully this will motivate Ford to fix my car.I also have a new issue with my car. The leather is starting to tear on my seat

Last edited by dave07; 5/12/15 at 04:27 PM.