Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

shaker pro sucks.

Search this Thread

Old 6/27/13, 10:02 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shaker pro sucks.

I may or may not have ever experienced a single day with all of my shaker pro stereo working.

On the first full day of ownership back in August of last year something blew. Smoke from the trunk and everything. So I took it in right away.

They said the amp blew. and replaced it. I didn't really notice a big change in bass.

I ran the diagnostic and noticed no sub. Took it in again and now I noticed a lot of bass. I immediately noticed I had bass I didn't have before. Thought I was fine all that time.

Just for the heck of it, I checked today. My sub isn't working and may have never worked. I ran the diagnostic and verified.

I think what I noticed was the door subs and the trunk not working and they only fixed the door subs.

Going to try to take it in tomorrow, but this blows my mind. This will be the fourth visit for subwoofer issues for the $1200 Shaker Pro that I'm paying extra for that has possibly never worked.
Old 6/28/13, 08:43 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
Sorry to hear the woes, very glad I did not order any stereo upgrade for the Mustang! I think Ford nailed the mechanical aspects of the car, not so much the electrical 'goodies' it seems...

Hope it gets resolved.
Old 6/28/13, 08:56 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts
Same thing with the "Mach" series of stereos ... they all sucked.
And the MAch 1000 with all its amps and subs in the trunk that robbed a TON of trunk space ... what a joke.

Sorry about your troubles with the Shaker ... I haven't heard anything good about any of the Shaker systems either.
Old 6/28/13, 09:00 AM
Banned

Only reason I went with it was because my partner complained about the sub in the trunk of my GTO, and I was hoping a factory integration, even if grossly overpriced would give me a free pass.
Old 6/28/13, 09:19 AM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe
Same thing with the "Mach" series of stereos ... they all sucked.
And the MAch 1000 with all its amps and subs in the trunk that robbed a TON of trunk space ... what a joke.

Sorry about your troubles with the Shaker ... I haven't heard anything good about any of the Shaker systems either.
Mach sytem in my 97 still works flawlessly
Old 6/28/13, 01:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
I may or may not have ever experienced a single day with all of my shaker pro stereo working.

On the first full day of ownership back in August of last year something blew. Smoke from the trunk and everything. So I took it in right away.

They said the amp blew. and replaced it. I didn't really notice a big change in bass.

I ran the diagnostic and noticed no sub. Took it in again and now I noticed a lot of bass. I immediately noticed I had bass I didn't have before. Thought I was fine all that time.

Just for the heck of it, I checked today. My sub isn't working and may have never worked. I ran the diagnostic and verified.

I think what I noticed was the door subs and the trunk not working and they only fixed the door subs.

Going to try to take it in tomorrow, but this blows my mind. This will be the fourth visit for subwoofer issues for the $1200 Shaker Pro that I'm paying extra for that has possibly never worked.
So how do you do the diagnostics?
Old 6/28/13, 01:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Scrape
So how do you do the diagnostics?
with it in regular FM radio push and hold the 3 and the 6 buttons, and it'll run them after a second or two with those butttons held.
Old 7/10/13, 09:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Wait till your radio volume climbs sitting at an idle and then decreases as you start moving again as my 05 GT with shaker 1000 does. Found no cure for that yet. Speedvolume works but has no control over my problem at idle.