Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Service Advancetrac Message

Search this Thread

Old 1/30/13, 06:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Service Advancetrac Message

I just started having an issue today where after I pull my key out of the ignition the gauge cluster comes on and off and then eventually it comes on and says "Service Advancetrac". After a few moments it goes off and gauges go off and the security indicator flashes like normal. After exiting the vehicle and locking it things seem ok. Then the gauges start to flash again and the same message appears. Any reason why this is happening?

NOTE: Vehicle is BAMA tuned.

UPDATE: Flashed back to stock and now the "Check Engine" light is on and the "Security" light is flashing. Gauges still come on and off. When I flashed back to stock the programmer seemed to stall when unlocking ECU with the message "Waiting for ECU power down".
Old 1/30/13, 04:02 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OP,

Check your battery's condition. Battery issues usually cause weird results. Plus, there's no reason the Bama tune should cause this symptom.

Let us know how you make out!

Shane
Old 1/31/13, 02:13 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Untamed5.0
I just started having an issue today where after I pull my key out of the ignition the gauge cluster comes on and off and then eventually it comes on and says "Service Advancetrac". After a few moments it goes off and gauges go off and the security indicator flashes like normal. After exiting the vehicle and locking it things seem ok. Then the gauges start to flash again and the same message appears. Any reason why this is happening?
Hello Untamed5.0,

I think you should have your Ford dealer take a look at it and make sure there’s nothing else going on. Let me know if you need me.

Deysha