Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Scratch on a new car

Search this Thread

Old 7/23/11, 02:08 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scratch on a new car

Hello guys,

So i bought my car on 4/22/11 (2011 mustang GT Premium) and I saw the scratch on the right front bumper just above the yellow reflector. I told the salesman about it and they said they will fix it the following day. So long story short, I had to take my car at least 4 times for separate reasons but everytime i took it in I told the service manager about the scratch.. I picked up my car on 7/20/2011 and saw that the scratch was painted over with black paint. I still can see and feel the scratch! At the dealership, I asked one of the sales managers to come out and take a look and he agreed that the scratch wasn't fixed...

So my service manager called me two days ago, saying because the scratch is deep they need to buff it out but to do that she needs to get okay from her boss or something. So if the boss say no... I don't get my scratch fixed???? what kind of service is that? My service manager told me she would call the following day.. and of course she never called... WORST dealership ever! It feels like the dealership doesn't want to fix it because it's gonna cost them money.. so frustrated..

here are some pictures, after they said they fixed it!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 7/24/11, 12:12 AM
Cobra Member

Man that sucks! Sorry to hear about your troubles if they keep giving you BS you def should talk to someone higher up then just the service manager.

Good luck, hope it gets fixed right away
Old 7/24/11, 01:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Can't tell from pics for sure but I don't think that's just going to buff out, maybe but I just don't think so
Old 7/25/11, 08:39 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by jinseok82
Hello guys,

So i bought my car on 4/22/11 (2011 mustang GT Premium) and I saw the scratch on the right front bumper just above the yellow reflector. I told the salesman about it and they said they will fix it the following day. So long story short, I had to take my car at least 4 times for separate reasons but everytime i took it in I told the service manager about the scratch.. I picked up my car on 7/20/2011 and saw that the scratch was painted over with black paint. I still can see and feel the scratch! At the dealership, I asked one of the sales managers to come out and take a look and he agreed that the scratch wasn't fixed...

So my service manager called me two days ago, saying because the scratch is deep they need to buff it out but to do that she needs to get okay from her boss or something. So if the boss say no... I don't get my scratch fixed???? what kind of service is that? My service manager told me she would call the following day.. and of course she never called... WORST dealership ever! It feels like the dealership doesn't want to fix it because it's gonna cost them money.. so frustrated..

here are some pictures, after they said they fixed it!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Hey jinseok82,

It’s been a while! I’d like to help you out with this. Please, private message me with your best daytime number since I have the rest of your info, so I can escalate this.

Deysha
Old 7/25/11, 12:02 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Deysha is like some kind of car super hero.
Old 7/25/11, 08:59 PM
V6 Member

PMed! thanks!
Old 8/1/11, 11:43 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Flagstang
Deysha is like some kind of car super hero.
Originally Posted by jinseok82
PMed! thanks!
Thank you guys!! BTW Flagstang, I've been thinking about getting a cape and wearing my TMS t-shirt and taking a pic for you guys!

Deysha
Old 8/3/11, 09:46 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah thats not going to buff out, at least from I can see here. It looks way too deep to be a surface/clear coat scratch. To make it look right they would have to sand down the area and repaint and clear the entire bumper.
Old 8/7/11, 11:56 AM
Bullitt Member

Can't buff that out.