Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Recall success!

Old 1/20/17, 03:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Recall success!

Yea! I'm so excited! Got my recall notice and have my air bag replacement for my 2014 convertible scheduled next week!

Thank you Ford!

Allen
Old 1/22/17, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And it only took ? how many years? I received notice to contact my dealer to schedule mine last week. Lately, it seemed they'd forgotten me or hoped I'd traded it off.
Old 1/22/17, 08:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Jailbirdwatcher
And it only took ? how many years? I received notice to contact my dealer to schedule mine last week. Lately, it seemed they'd forgotten me or hoped I'd traded it off.
You can't blame Ford completely for that. The government is involved in prioritizing vehicles that are most likely to have problems, and our Mustangs are not that high on the list.
Old 1/27/17, 10:05 AM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
recall success also

well got my yellow colored notice and called my dealership. Scheduled work. When I got to the dealership, I was told they may not have any replacement bags left. A quick check and they did have one. Took all of 1.5 hours to replace and I was out on the road.

Have to admit to some level of relief. Moral of the story I guess is if the dealer ship you call has replacements do not wait for work to be done.
Old 1/27/17, 10:43 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Got my yellow notice and had it done two days ago. Finally
Old 1/27/17, 09:28 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Crap. I need to get mine done. They better not have run out of them.
Old 1/27/17, 10:04 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,167 Likes on 1,616 Posts
Originally Posted by oldnjguy
well got my yellow colored notice and called my dealership. Scheduled work. When I got to the dealership, I was told they may not have any replacement bags left. A quick check and they did have one. Took all of 1.5 hours to replace and I was out on the road.

Have to admit to some level of relief. Moral of the story I guess is if the dealer ship you call has replacements do not wait for work to be done.
1.5 hours? Mine took all of about 15 minutes. I questioned them if they even did it but he showed me the old part.
Old 2/1/17, 07:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
called the dealer about mine today they were out but they would order it and call when it got there....... and now we wait
-Phil
Old 2/22/17, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep. Got mine done this week also. Was told parts might not be available but they'd check. Luckily - success. No issues. One less thing to think about.
Old 2/26/17, 01:23 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
finally took the car to the dealer the other day for the recall they said it would take half a day WTF half a day?? at which point I called B.S. and proceeded to kinda let him have it I told him it was only 2 8mm bolts and a 2 plugs and if it took his tech half a day he needs to find a job ect..., the service manager was not amused BTW and tried to explain that there was much more to it than removing the bolts again I called B.S. I had the car back in a half hour lol.... but in hindsight I did kind of act the fool and now the **** thing probably wont work at all now.

Search this Thread