Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

One for the sync experts!

Search this Thread

Old 1/30/16, 12:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One for the sync experts!

Ive had my car for almost 6 months now, the radio has work fine until today. Sync has completely let me down i try to connect my iphone it is reading the usb, and is playing music, however no sound is coming out. AM/FM will produce sound however. when i try bluetooth, it will either connect, then immediately disconnect, or sometimes it will stay connected until i hit play on my phone, then it disconnects. Any idea what i should do? id really like to avoid going to the dealer and having them give me the run around.

so far what ive tried:
updating phone software to see if maybe that was the problem
Master reset on sync.

thanks in advance!
Old 1/30/16, 06:36 AM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ty_p
Ive had my car for almost 6 months now, the radio has work fine until today. Sync has completely let me down i try to connect my iphone it is reading the usb, and is playing music, however no sound is coming out. AM/FM will produce sound however. when i try bluetooth, it will either connect, then immediately disconnect, or sometimes it will stay connected until i hit play on my phone, then it disconnects. Any idea what i should do? id really like to avoid going to the dealer and having them give me the run around.

so far what ive tried:
updating phone software to see if maybe that was the problem
Master reset on sync.

thanks in advance!
Hi ty_p,

Have you checked your account for available SYNC updates: https://owner.ford.com/tools/account...p-to-date.html

If you're running the latest version available, the dealership is your best bet since you've already performed a master reset.

Whitney
Old 4/9/16, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Q: the sync in our 2014 has been a pain an the butt since new. I attempted to look for updates, but it is suggested I first run a "vehicle health report".

The last week or so, I've been receiving this message "Our SMS service is undergoing maintenance. You will not receive SMS text messages at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience."

At that point, nothing happens and no other option is given.

Any idea if Ford still supports sync for the 2014 model year or is too old?
Old 4/9/16, 05:50 PM
GT Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
It does, please make sure you have an account for the sync. Proper cell phone number on the account helps. I had the wring cell phone number on it and it wouldn't work correctly
Old 4/10/16, 11:04 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
OP, try disconnecting your battery for a couple hours and then reconnecting. I've had almost no problems sigh Sync for 5 years now but that's fixed the couple I did have.
Old 4/12/16, 06:34 AM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by sammerdog
Q: the sync in our 2014 has been a pain an the butt since new. I attempted to look for updates, but it is suggested I first run a "vehicle health report".

The last week or so, I've been receiving this message "Our SMS service is undergoing maintenance. You will not receive SMS text messages at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience."

At that point, nothing happens and no other option is given.

Any idea if Ford still supports sync for the 2014 model year or is too old?
Hi sammerdog,

The SMS service maintenance should not affect running a Vehicle Health Report. Also, this step is suggested before performing the update, but it's not mandatory. What happens when you try to run the report in your car?

Shaay