Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

I'm done

Search this Thread

Old 7/14/14 | 04:23 AM
V6 Member

I have a 2014 GT Black and the dealer did the same to mine. They paid to have it professionally detailed with a clay bar and it now looks like glass. Plenty of clear coat to spare. I do agree about other people washing your car, only the owners should be allowed to authorize a cleaning and not the dealer. I will take a full tank of premium gas by the dealer and they do not need to ask...LOL
Old 7/14/14 | 06:22 AM
Bullitt Member

A repaint could hurt resale or it could help. I had a truck that had one side repainted due to stone damage all along that side. I disclosed this when I sold the truck and because it was done correctly, it didn't hurt the value at all. I also had my Monte Carlo repainted due to solvent popping. The dealer did a proper repaint and it's better now than before. Just be sure things are done correctly and you can benefit from it.
Old 7/14/14 | 08:37 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by ejpatrone
I have a 2014 GT Black and the dealer did the same to mine. They paid to have it professionally detailed with a clay bar and it now looks like glass. Plenty of clear coat to spare. I do agree about other people washing your car, only the owners should be allowed to authorize a cleaning and not the dealer. I will take a full tank of premium gas by the dealer and they do not need to ask...LOL
They detailed it with a clay bar and got out swirls? I want to know what kind of clay they're using!
Old 7/14/14 | 09:00 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by typesredline
They detailed it with a clay bar and got out swirls? I want to know what kind of clay they're using!
Yeah I was like...
Old 7/14/14 | 11:46 PM
GT Member

@fdesalvo,

PM Deysha

https://themustangsource.com/members...ervice-111098/

Maybe she can escalate this.

I had a similar issue with paint a long time ago with Toyota down here in Texas. People with their buffers are a dime a dozen down here. I was too young and dumb to do anything about it. The very first day I bought that black Tundra, they buffed the hell out of it when they cleaned it. Swirl marks were all over it !

I've bought 4 Mustang Gt's since 2009. I have come to know the same thing as you. The grunts at the factory don't give a crap about doing a good job. Also, that the dealers WILL NOT take you seriously. I've had multiple issues with all my Mustangs and when I go in, they look at me like I'm from another planet. It's an uphill battle just to get them to do their basic job! I took my most recent purchase to the dealer due to body panels sticking out and they wouldn't even look at me. They said "We don't have an in house body shop and Ford doesn't pay us enough to fix this". He tried to get rid of me at lightning speed. Most dealers will just try to punt you. It's really horrible. I image we would have the same problems with Chevy and Dodge as this appears to be a social systemic problem and not a company specify problem with just Ford.

What I notice a lot of and I fight this all the time at my job, is that there is a vast majority of people in jobs that they don't belong in. I've seen it many times in the past few years where people are in their jobs because they socialized their way into those jobs and don't obtain those jobs due to merit or experience. They have nothing to offer and they know it, so they just be extra nice to everyone they meet so that they can 'survive'. This behavior only promotes survival in one job rather that thriving in one job.

Last edited by jc46002003; 7/15/14 at 12:16 AM.
Old 7/15/14 | 07:34 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Originally Posted by laserred38
This is why I don't want to take my car in. This is why I bought my car 1000 miles and two states away, from a GOOD dealer. I'm SOL for warranty work around here. I have the same diff whine, but no clunk (yet). I also had paint bubbling on my hood and trunk edges (and the edge of the driver's side door, which is steel, but still - it's there) and had my dealer document them before I took the keys.

They told me to have a local dealer document them too. Unfortunately I work a pos M-F job, so I can't take time off of work to go spend time at a Ford Service Dept during the week.
Let me get this escalated for you, laserred38. Make an appointment with your local Ford Dealer and PM me with your dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Originally Posted by jc46002003
@fdesalvo,

PM Deysha

https://themustangsource.com/members...ervice-111098/

Maybe she can escalate this.
Thank you for the mention, jc46002003! I’ve already escalated this for him.

Deysha

Last edited by FordService; 7/15/14 at 02:58 PM.
Old 7/15/14 | 08:04 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by FordService
Let me get this escalated for you, loaserred38. Make an appointment with your local Ford Dealer and PM me with your dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number. Thank you for the mention, jc46002003! I’ve already escalated this for him. Deysha
Thanks Deysha. I will when I have time. Right now I'm working 6 days a week and at least 10 hour days, so I just don't have time right now. I will do so when I have time to take it in though.
Old 7/15/14 | 02:57 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Originally Posted by laserred38
Thanks Deysha. I will when I have time. Right now I'm working 6 days a week and at least 10 hour days, so I just don't have time right now. I will do so when I have time to take it in though.
No problem, laserred38. Just let me know.

Deysha
Old 8/13/14 | 11:39 PM

fdesalvo I share your fear of Ford dealer service. I've posted some of this before but it bears repeating. I own four Fords: '97 4WD Expedition XLT, '11 4WD Explorer XLT, '12 Mustang V6 w/ Perf Pack, '12 Boss 302. The Boss 302 may be my last Ford ever.

My Boss 302 at only 12,000 miles has lately developed a clunk from the rear end, possibly U-joint or differential pinion bearing. Of course there's been some nice power oversteer but I have never done a clutch drop burnout or doughnut. The $400 Pzero tires are way too expensive for that nonsense. I'm afraid to take it in for fear the dealer will abuse the car and then tell me there's nothing wrong with it.

<< from previous post >>

1) On a previous visit regarding the MT82 (lack of) shift quality their main objective seemed to be to tell me I was imagining problems. The man that test drove it with me had no ability to drive a stick correctly at all and undoubtedly did some damage.
3) I had to have the rear fascia repaired and refinished because the dealer drilled the license plate holes crooked despite the dimples indicating where to drill.
4) When I took my wife's Explorer in for a MyFord Touch problem that had nothing to do with how the car drove, they took it on a 79 mile joy-ride, no kidding.

So tell me, why do you think I should be comfortable leaving a 450 HP car with people who can't drive a stick and can't even drill license plate holes level, and are prone to take customer cars on joy rides?

<< end previous post >>

Last edited by F-22; 8/14/14 at 12:07 AM.
Old 8/14/14 | 12:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Ugh. I completely feel your guys pain. The dealership anxiety is real.

I've had a driveshaft/rear end clunk for about a month now. I didn't take my car in to the dealer when my engine started the "igniter tick" after it's oil change, but thankfully the tick has vanished after about 1,500 miles.

A reason I bought this car was because I needed a warranty on my daily driver, as I have plenty of project cars that I work on. I've done all the work on my GT so far. The last time I took it into the dealership for an annoying squeak, they kept it for 4 days and told me they couldn't find anything and that it was probably my upgraded suspension. How insulting. "Yeah, my Koni and BMR suspension is the cause...". Turns out it was a lazy rear brake caliper.

I'm about to say "**** the warranty", and buy a 1 piece driveshaft and a true 9 inch rear. I'm really adamant about leaving my 420hp car at a dealership that will probably just joy ride and tell me there's nothing wrong with the car.

This was at Raceway Ford.

Last edited by KushBandit; 8/14/14 at 12:45 AM.
Old 8/14/14 | 12:27 PM

I just watched CVH's video and man is it chilling. I had to dig real deep.
https://themustangsource.com/forums/...-abuse-532026/
I also watched a few others, some of them even worse.

Basically, if you've laid down your hard-earned money for a high-performance car it appears to me you stand a fair chance of it being abused and railroaded by the people you entrusted it to at your dealer.

I will never leave my Boss 302 alone at a dealer.

I would think Ford Motor Company would want to investigate and weed out the dealers that are alienating customers and leaving a bad reputation.

Last edited by F-22; 8/14/14 at 04:12 PM.
Old 9/9/14 | 09:10 PM

Man, that really sucks. I'm certain whoever was washing the car was wearing rings and a watch, and dirty rags/sponge with grit in it. I always tell the service manager I don't need them washing the car, period. Dealers don't give a sh*t about a customers car.