Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Having to say "Bluetooth Audio" every time - Ford Sync

Search this Thread

Old 8/9/13, 11:25 AM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tukatz
Kim - Thanks for the tips and for providing the name of the voice. I've been calling mine Syncthia.
You're welcome, tukatz. That's the best name I've heard so far!
You just earned some clever points in my book.

Kim
Old 8/9/13, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hello everyone!

I’m jumping on this thread to help Jaclyn out. I’m Kim.

There is currently no option...

...Here are the instructions to access this setting on the basic SYNC radio:

1. Press PHONE.
2. Scroll using the seek arrows until 911 Assist appears.
3. Press OK.
4. Use the seek arrows to toggle to ON.
5. Press OK.

If you are not interested in utilizing this feature, press OK after you see OFF in step 4. Scroll until SET OFF WITHOUT REMINDER appears, then hit OK. Keep in mind that this will still display a reminder on the screen, but will no longer provide one through voice...

Kim
Unfortunately, when I press "Phone" on my 2014, I do not get an option for "911 Assist". Instead, we get:
"Connect Bluetooth Device"
"Set Primary Phone"
"Set Bluetooth On/Off"
"Delete Device"
"Delete All Devices"
"Return"
"Add Bluetooth Device"

Oh well, with the speakers rattling around loose in our doors the music stinks anyways.
Old 8/10/13, 12:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by sammerdog

Unfortunately, when I press "Phone" on my 2014, I do not get an option for "911 Assist". Instead, we get:
"Connect Bluetooth Device"
"Set Primary Phone"
"Set Bluetooth On/Off"
"Delete Device"
"Delete All Devices"
"Return"
"Add Bluetooth Device"

Oh well, with the speakers rattling around loose in our doors the music stinks anyways.
Sounds like you need to pair a phone up with Bluetooth. 911 Assist won't work without a phone paired up.
Old 8/10/13, 03:55 PM

TomServo92 -

Thank you Sir! Tried it again with the phone in the car and was able to access the menu completely.

You're a good guy!
Old 8/10/13, 05:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
TomServo92 -

Thank you Sir! Tried it again with the phone in the car and was able to access the menu completely.

You're a good guy!
You're welcome!
Old 8/10/13, 07:23 PM
Bullitt Member

[QUOTE

What’s happening with your Focus, Matthew? I’m happy to help with troubleshooting!

Kim[/QUOTE]

Kim if you are still on here I have had several minor problems. First the GPS was not close to our actual location. This was mostly fixed by the first update to come out. Next the touch screen wouldnt work when I tried to change the radio channel. I would hit the channel I wanted and nothing would happen, hit it again, still nothing, wait a few seconds and hit another channel, still nothing, then it would change to all the channels that I pressed at the same time. Took it back to Ford for the second time, they said they did another update and again it mostly fixed the issue. Now the steering wheel buttons (to change the channel) and they dont work half the time. This is getting very annoying.
We are also having problems getting our Iphones to connect. My wife drives the car mostly so her phone is the primary and we keep having to connect the phone manually. I am a die hard Ford fan but this is getting to me and really making me re-think getting another Ford.

Matthew
Old 8/12/13, 11:48 AM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Unfortunately, when I press "Phone" on my 2014, I do not get an option for "911 Assist". …
Originally Posted by TomServo92
Sounds like you need to pair a phone up with Bluetooth. 911 Assist won't work without a phone paired up.
Hey sammerdog,

I should have been clearer in my instructions. You will need to have a phone paired to your SYNC systems in order to receive the same options that were listed in my last comment. Thanks TomServo92, good looking out!

Originally Posted by Matt's 95 Stang

… GPS was not close to our actual location. This was mostly fixed by the first update to come out. Next the touch screen wouldnt work when I tried to change the radio channel. … Now the steering wheel buttons (to change the channel) and they dont work half the time. … We are also having problems getting our Iphones to connect. …
Hi Matthew,

You’re doing a great job staying updated on software for your MyFord Touch system in the Focus, which is very important. At this point, the best option for troubleshooting is a master reset. Keep in mind that this will erase all of your settings. Just press the 2 gears at the bottom center of your screen, then press SETTINGS > SYSTEM > MASTER RESET > YES. You’ll see a Ford logo followed by a blank screen. The SYNC logo will appear before a screen that says “Performing scheduled system maintenance …”. The home screen will show after that. If any of these screens are skipped, walk through the process again to ensure the reset goes through properly: http://support.ford.com/sync-technol...c-myford-touch

Before you pair your iPhones, I recommend performing a soft reset to them. Hold down the HOME button along with the power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. This should resolve those issues and the pairing process will go through much smoother.

Let me know how it goes!

Kim

Last edited by FordIVTteam; 8/12/13 at 11:54 AM.
Old 8/27/20, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
I'm assuming there is no way around this...? Having to do the voice command and saying bluetooth audio EVERY time I start the car is quite annoying...especially if I'm stopping at a gas station. I would feel like a fool if I had a date in the car or something
I also get a lot of glitches when saying bluetooth audio...it either says "there is no device, I will try to connect one" (which is BS, because the device IS connected) or it will say that it can't hear you and then start listing off all the things you can say.

If Sync is active, and you have a bluetooth device in the car and were playing audio through bluetooth in the past, it should default to bluetooth audio the next time!

Is Ford looking to fix this or update this?

And another thing, is there a way to stop the "911 Assist set to off" from displaying that and MUTING my music for 5 seconds EVERY time I start up the car with a bluetooth device connected? Do I just have to set up 911 assist to stop this?

Thanks guys!
7 years later and this is still the case...smh. That's weak ****ing sauce, Ford.