Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Fords new system?

Search this Thread

Old 3/15/12, 03:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fords new system?

So I took my car into yesterday for an oil change but also to fix a paint blemish on the hood that's been there since I bought the car. Apparently they're running a new system where they take pictures of an issue then send it to ford. I know I'm describing it horribly but the service manager said its all digital the way they do it now. The SM called me today and said he got off the phone with the warranty advisor and Ford told them its not the original hood...

Its the hood that was on the car when I purchased it last year. Plus its going to be really difficult to capture an image of something that you can only see at an angle with the naked eye. He said he'd call me back later. There has to be something on the hood identifying it as coming from the factory right?
Old 3/15/12, 05:08 PM
Cobra R Member

That I'd the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Is it the stock style hood? I mean If it is, then how the heck would they know anything from a picture?

Deysha, can you help us on this one?
Old 3/15/12, 05:28 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
The local dealer here has been doing the picture thing since I started dealing with them in '08. Have not had any issues as long as they get a good picture. Might ask to see what they sent to Ford....

As for the hood, there are factory markings on the under side I believe plus, if it looks stock, I don't think any one is duplicating the hood. There may be a record on Fords history of the car that showed the hood being replaced. Possible insurance or damaged in shipment. Might ask the SM to research it a bit.
Old 3/15/12, 05:36 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Most Ford panels with have stampings with date/ and bottom mark ( Marks to identify the press is completly on bottom to make correct part.)
Old 3/15/12, 05:44 PM
Cobra R Member

Heres my date code on my Boss, 6 23

Name:  ForumRunner_20120315_194413.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  11.7 KB
Old 3/15/12, 08:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Got a message from the SM and told me my car is ready for pick up and we can discuss what ford said over the phone. They're already closed so ill find out tomorrow but it sounds like they're going to do nothing if its "ready for pickup".

Originally Posted by cpotts13
That I'd the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Is it the stock style hood? I mean If it is, then how the heck would they know anything from a picture?

It looks like any stock mustang hood. And I bought this car new.

Last edited by Blackbird.; 3/15/12 at 08:21 PM.
Old 3/15/12, 08:26 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Blackbird.
Got a message from the SM and told me my car is ready for pick up and we can discuss what ford said over the phone. They're already closed so ill find out tomorrow but it sounds like they're going to do nothing if its "ready for pickup".

It looks like any stock mustang hood. And I bought this car new.
Check for the date stamp , look under hood on top left. I guarantee I could tell you within 2 seconds if its a genuine Ford, I work at the Stamping facility.

Last edited by UnrealFord; 3/15/12 at 08:28 PM.
Old 3/15/12, 08:40 PM
Cobra R Member

Heres where to look.

Name:  ForumRunner_20120315_224001.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  22.5 KB
Old 3/16/12, 02:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by UnrealFord
Check for the date stamp , look under hood on top left. I guarantee I could tell you within 2 seconds if its a genuine Ford, I work at the Stamping facility.
I appreciate the insight. I most definetly will make that point. I'll have to see what they have to say tomorrow. Better be what I want to hear or all hell's gonna break loose.
Old 3/16/12, 02:17 AM
Cobra R Member

I appreciate the insight. I most definetly will make that point. I'll have to see what they have to say tomorrow. Better be what I want to hear or all hell's gonna break loose.
What type of problem is it? Paint finish?

Isnt there something you could do with some elbow grease?
Old 3/16/12, 06:57 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
So I took my car into yesterday for an oil change but also to fix a paint blemish on the hood that's been there since I bought the car. Apparently they're running a new system where they take pictures of an issue then send it to ford. I know I'm describing it horribly but the service manager said its all digital the way they do it now. The SM called me today and said he got off the phone with the warranty advisor and Ford told them its not the original hood...
Originally Posted by cpotts13
Originally Posted by AzPete
The local dealer here has been doing the picture thing since I started dealing with them in '08. Have not had any issues as long as they get a good picture. Might ask to see what they sent to Ford....
As for the hood, there are factory markings on the under side I believe plus, if it looks stock, I don't think any one is duplicating the hood.
Hello members,

I am aware of this process. It has been in place for quite a few years now. Blackbird., please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, and contact info so I can escalate this to your Customer Service Manager.

Deysha

Last edited by FordService; 3/16/12 at 06:59 AM.
Old 3/16/12, 12:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Well I contacted Ford this morning. All of the sudden the question whether the hood is original or not (which it is) is no longer an issue. Now they say the defect on the hood is a cause of bird droppings. That's complete and utter BS in my opinion. If that was the case there would be the same anomaly on other places on my car. The car has been crapped on more than once, that I can guarantee. On top of that the hood was not a place I remember it being crapped on. I keep my car clean, bird **** gets cleaned as soon as it's spotted. On top of that I didn't get anything, so much as an explanation of why they accused me of having an aftermarket hood on there. The only thing the SM said was "it didn't seem the guy knew what he was talking about." This is Ford we're talking about here, not someone at the dealership. I'm feeling jerked around and I don't like it. I contacted Deysha with all the information. Hopefully she can knock this guys upside the head and stop making excuses and just fix their defect.

Last edited by Blackbird.; 3/16/12 at 01:00 PM.
Old 3/20/12, 01:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Nothing so far unfortunately..