Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Ford Service People are idiots. TSB help needed

Search this Thread

Old 1/5/12, 06:17 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jlmounce

The people he's working with are perpetuating the stereotype that you are taking offense to. He provided a copy and paste from his correspondence with him. They should have access to the same information as you, but didn't do their diligence.

To stop this issue, people like yourself that are trained and knoq how/where to look for this information really need to step up.

As a guy that runs a business, it's better to say, "Hey I have access to all this stuff, let me help get you to like minded people," than to say "I don't feel like sharing with him."

A good friend of mine is a mechanic for a Ford dealership. Since dealers are franchised and independent, everybody probably runs things a bit different. However if you get paid by the job like he does, then putting out a positive message that your service team knows what they're doing and cares about their customers provides more incoming jobs to you. That's money you can take to the bank.

Instead, you've now got a post that can forever be attached to your name that says "I'm a Ford mechanic and don't want to deal with somebody that has a problem with being fed garbage information."

With that said, the OP should have directed his frustration at the specific people he was working with, rather than the industry as a whole. Blanket statements suck, but they also present golden opportunities to earn business for yourself or the company you work for!
This
Old 1/5/12, 06:27 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

I think you just inadvertently helped reinforce his point.
Old 1/5/12, 06:45 AM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well I get to choose who I help and who I don't. And when someone comes on here whining and calling the employees stupid I will not help them. I wouldn't want that type of customer so i could care less if he came to my dealership wanting work done on his car or not.
Old 1/5/12, 06:57 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Black_5.0
So I took my car in for bunch of issues and I wanted them to updated the PCM firmware to the newest one. The main reason I wanted it done is because my change oil interval is set to 5k instead of 10k.
I went in and I told my adviser. She was in shock when I told her that my manual says that the car can go 10k miles without an oil change. She said she'd look into it since she wasn't aware of any TSB's. This is the response I got tonight.
"n regards to the oil change reminder, the owners manual says maximum distance is 10k miles or have service done when oil indicator light comes on. That setting can not be altered. It calculates the amount of time since last service and distance you have driven"
Hello Black_5.0,

Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, and contact info so I can escalate it for you.

Deysha
Old 1/5/12, 06:59 AM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Deysha on the other hand will help anyone because she has a good tolerance for rude ppl.
Old 1/5/12, 07:05 AM

Oh and by the way black 5.0. Don't go to a dealership demanding a TSB being performed that you found on the Interweb. For all you know, this TSB was fabricated just to mess with people. Ford doesn't release TSB's to the general public. They may send you a special policy notice but a TSB is for the dealership service department to help correct common problems. And learn how to communicate with your service advisors. The dealership already has your money from the original purchase, and they don't owe you anything. Some of you people walk into a service department acting as if this place should roll out the red carpet for you. You guys along with everyone else there has problems. Get in line and be nice. This is not all directed towards Black 5.0 just a general forum member attitude. End of rant. Bone is still retarded.
Old 1/5/12, 07:29 AM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Bone is still retarded.
Nice touch at the end there. Almost thought you forgot about me
Old 1/5/12, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by texastboneking
Deysha on the other hand will help anyone because she has a good tolerance for rude ppl.
I know everyone has bad days, texasboneking. I'm just here to help.

Deysha
Old 1/5/12, 11:53 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
I know everyone has bad days, texasboneking. I'm just here to help.

Deysha
bone might be beyond help
Old 1/5/12, 11:55 AM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

I think you just inadvertently helped reinforce his point.
I was going to say something but just let it be. he's a special fella.

Last edited by lalayla; 1/5/12 at 11:59 AM.
Old 1/5/12, 07:35 PM
Bullitt Member

A TSB is also not something they HAVE to do.. its something to look into if there's an issue. Its not a Recall. so being a **** to them is not necessary.
Old 1/5/12, 07:51 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
+1....every TSB I have discussed with my dealer always had the question...."What is the car doing?" The next thing is "we will check it out and do the TSB if it is needed." Treating them right really helps too.
Old 1/5/12, 08:07 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by AzPete
+1....every TSB I have discussed with my dealer always had the question...."What is the car doing?" The next thing is "we will check it out and do the TSB if it is needed." Treating them right really helps too.

I copied the TSB from this site, on the transmission fluid change for cold weather. I took this into my dealer, and explained the transmission was balky during the previous winter, especially when the temp was below zero, and trying to shift into second. The service advisor read the TSB, then looked it up in his system. They had to order the fluid as it was not in stock, but three days later they called and I went back in. The advisor asked if I wanted to wait and performed the service. 45 minutes later I was on my way. I am always polite and I do respect the techs, these cars are not "old school" and with all the electronics it is beyond me how they can figure anything out when there is a problem. I do miss my carb(s), points and plugs...simple tune ups.
Old 1/5/12, 09:01 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Originally Posted by SD CALSPCL
I copied the TSB from this site, on the transmission fluid change for cold weather. I took this into my dealer, and explained the transmission was balky during the previous winter, especially when the temp was below zero, and trying to shift into second. The service advisor read the TSB, then looked it up in his system. They had to order the fluid as it was not in stock, but three days later they called and I went back in. The advisor asked if I wanted to wait and performed the service. 45 minutes later I was on my way. I am always polite and I do respect the techs, these cars are not "old school" and with all the electronics it is beyond me how they can figure anything out when there is a problem. I do miss my carb(s), points and plugs...simple tune ups.
ppl like you are the ones i like to help out when i can
Old 1/5/12, 09:04 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Werd!

Even the lady at the DMV appreciates a little courtesy. In today's society most people seem to get nothing but **** sandwiches at work from customers. And the customer wonders why the service is so bad.
Old 1/5/12, 09:12 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Werd!

Even the lady at the DMV appreciates a little courtesy. In today's society most people seem to get nothing but **** sandwiches at work from customers. And the customer wonders why the service is so bad.
Just remember, life is like a **** sandwich. The more bread you have, the less **** you have to eat.
Old 1/6/12, 05:33 AM
V6 Member

I like how everyone assumes I wasn't being polite. I am extremly aware between the relationship between a customer and employee. I go beyond my way to give credit when its due.

I asked nicely for them to check it out and see if theres anything they could do since my car is set to 5k regardless how I drive. However, when you dont do yiur job or you half *** it, I have wvery right to call you out on it. Obviously from that email no one even tried to help me. It took 5 seconds to google it and find it yet that email took much longer to tell me what my car IS supposed to be like.

Most people dont care to establish a good relationship with their customers since it doesnt matter. Dealerships motto is about quantity and not quality of work. I'd know, I've worked for a dealership before so I have seen it all. From corporate side to the front desk greeting customers. So dont come here trying to teach me a leason how I should act. You guys would act the same if you bought a defective product and tried to return it when the employee was giving you crap about it (from a blender to a car).
Old 1/6/12, 05:49 AM

PM our resident "Ford Angel" Deysha. She can make that happen for you. And be nice.
Old 1/6/12, 06:17 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
I wouldn't go 10,000 miles on oil changes on my worst enemies import..........just saying
Old 1/6/12, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
PM our resident "Ford Angel" Deysha. She can make that happen for you.
Thank you, AlsCobra!

Deysha

Quick Reply: Ford Service People are idiots. TSB help needed