Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

FORD dealership abuse

Search this Thread

Old 8/4/14, 04:15 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by tom281
I bet that's not their understanding of retail value.
I totally get being cynical with this dealer. But retail is retail. It isn't opened for interpretation.
Old 8/4/14, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by typesredline
They said retail value. Not kbb value.
Originally Posted by laserred38
Retail value = what he paid new, and he gets to keep the parts. The new owner is still getting hosed, but he should be getting back what he paid for the car.
I bet that's not their understanding of retail value.
I would bet that too, but that's what we think it is lol
I totally get being cynical with this dealer. But retail is retail. It isn't opened for interpretation.
Bottom line? Not a snowball's chance in heck CVH is going to receive the 2103 MSRP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price).

This isn't even close to being a deal yet.

Last edited by sammerdog; 8/4/14 at 04:25 PM.
Old 8/4/14, 05:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
What retail? KBB, NADA, Black Book,? You think it's going to be 2013 new retail as if he never drive the car off the lot? If so I'd be shocked.
Old 8/4/14, 05:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by sammerdog
Bottom line? Not a snowball's chance in heck CVH is going to receive the 2103 MSRP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price). This isn't even close to being a deal yet.
Yep that's what I'm saying too..... Long way to go before on that and get everything in writing and reviewed by attorney before signing the dotted line with this dealer!
Old 8/4/14, 06:01 PM
Cobra Member

What retail? KBB, NADA, Black Book,? You think it's going to be 2013 new retail as if he never drive the car off the lot? If so I'd be shocked.
Maybe I because I've been in the car sales world before. Both SM, FM, and Purchaser. For years each. And a "buy back at retail" means what he would have paid when new.

I know there is lack of trust and people assume this dealer will screw him again. But at this point I don't think they can afford that. If they offered him $15k after saying "retail," the **** storm will come back worse than ever.

I get that on kbb and nada etc they use words like "trade in" and "private party" and "RETAIL" for values. But in the dealer world, in this context, retail means what he paid.

Last edited by typesredline; 8/4/14 at 06:04 PM.
Old 8/4/14, 06:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

lol i left a comment on their page that wasn't even bad and pointed out that trying to save money on the front end will cost them a ton of money on the backend, they deleted my comment and i can't post on that page anymore.

bunch jokers, **** that place, can't even take well deserved criticism they brought upon themselves.

Last edited by puma1552; 8/4/14 at 06:10 PM.
Old 8/4/14, 06:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

This dealership has also been vigorously deleting the google reviews, goole says there are 160 reviews but when you click on it it says 404 not found and says only like 34 reviews are there.

may as well dish the dirt over on yelp, i don't know if they can delete those.

really a crappy dealership just based on the way they have handled the feedback. didn't want negative feedback or comments? should've handled the situation appropriately the first time, and at the very least fired all three mechanics on the spot.
Old 8/4/14, 06:36 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by puma1552
This dealership has also been vigorously deleting the google reviews, goole says there are 160 reviews but when you click on it it says 404 not found and says only like 34 reviews are there. may as well dish the dirt over on yelp, i don't know if they can delete those. really a crappy dealership just based on the way they have handled the feedback. didn't want negative feedback or comments? should've handled the situation appropriately the first time, and at the very least fired all three mechanics on the spot.
They deleted everything bc they feel they are in the right. They think that they handled it correctly, fixed the issue, and that he is exploiting them for more by "illegally" posting the "illegal" video and making it viral.

Problem for them is per FL law, it is not illegal to record them due to a)castle doctrine and b)the fact that they knew it was there and possibly recording. Therefore, the video was legally made and legally posted.

Sounds like they got some bad legal advise.
Old 8/4/14, 08:10 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
I'd start a blog at blogger.com Allow people to comment and let it rip.

After that, Anyone who searches sawgrass in google will be directed to the blog.
Old 8/4/14, 08:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Maybe I because I've been in the car sales world before. Both SM, FM, and Purchaser. For years each. And a "buy back at retail" means what he would have paid when new. I know there is lack of trust and people assume this dealer will screw him again. But at this point I don't think they can afford that. If they offered him $15k after saying "retail," the **** storm will come back worse than ever. I get that on kbb and nada etc they use words like "trade in" and "private party" and "RETAIL" for values. But in the dealer world, in this context, retail means what he paid.
This. We bought back MANY cars at Tesla lol. That's why I can't believe all the positive press they still get - just look at Edmund's car, and that's indicative of at least 25% of the fleet (and that's probably a conservative estimate). They paid the RETAIL cost of the car back to the customer, minus sales tax. It's like the deal never happened except they paid sales tax. You can't get sales tax back.
Old 8/5/14, 01:23 PM
CVH
Bullitt Member

It was a good run. I have decided to leave the mustang community. This has left a bad taste in my mouth, as I no longer want to be in a Ford. Those of you who follow me on Instagram, standby!
Old 8/5/14, 01:27 PM

Got the feeling things are not going well. Just hope you're not gonna leave us all hanging here and without an update
Old 8/5/14, 02:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by CVH
It was a good run. I have decided to leave the mustang community. This has left a bad taste in my mouth, as I no longer want to be in a Ford. Those of you who follow me on Instagram, standby!
Do I? Haha I don't remember. I'm @pmnem

Either way, sucks to lose you. Especially like this.
Old 8/5/14, 02:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Do I? Haha I don't remember. I'm @pmnem Either way, sucks to lose you. Especially like this.
I just followed you. S*** I accidentally unfollowed you. Fixed.

Last edited by Supersnake04; 8/5/14 at 02:30 PM.
Old 8/5/14, 03:44 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by CVH
Shame if your leaving Ford because of the dealership. That's the dealership that screwed you over and not Ford as a company.

Good luck with whatever you're buying
Old 8/5/14, 03:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
Shame if your leaving Ford because of the dealership. That's the dealership that screwed you over and not Ford as a company.

Good luck with whatever you're buying
Unless Ford is defending the dealership.
Old 8/5/14, 03:55 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
Shame if your leaving Ford because of the dealership. That's the dealership that screwed you over and not Ford as a company. Good luck with whatever you're buying
Uggh!
That's like giving up women because you run into one hoe.

Ring Sawgrass out a look at another reputable dealer. That crap dealership is clearly an anomaly.
Old 8/5/14, 04:01 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
Uggh!
That's like giving up women because you run into one hoe.

Ring Sawgrass out a look at another reputable dealer. That crap dealership is clearly an anomaly.
I agree
Old 8/5/14, 04:02 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by puma1552
Unless Ford is defending the dealership.
not sure we have seen concrete evidence of this. So far it's been discussed that the dealership has screwed over the OP with the way they mistreated the car.

Last edited by MyStang2010GB; 8/5/14 at 09:30 PM.
Old 8/5/14, 04:04 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Honestly if it happened to me and was as bad as this case is I think I'd give up on cars in general. This is just so pitiful and disgusting. I probably wouldn't give up on Ford but I can understand it.

Quick Reply: FORD dealership abuse