Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

FORD dealership abuse

Search this Thread

Old 7/31/14, 11:07 AM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by houtex
So... it's ok to post videos of someone who doesn't know if they're being recorded? AND you aren't a party in the recording? AND you told where the incident happened? I'm not accusing, I'm just asking. For depending on the law in Florida, this might get you in hot water, worse than their transgression, OP... Survellance and wiretapping and such. Weird laws out there... Aaand now it's on the internet. Where it never forgets. I think I might have refrained... but that's me. Just a lil' concerned for ya is all. --- I don't care for the guy trying to blow it up. But I understand how the high rev, blow it out method could be employed, we did that a few times to blow out the exhaust and ensure the carbon build didn't happen. I am a firm believer in punching it to redline, since the '57 Thunderbird we had would need it. A lot. But not anywhere near what they did, I agree. Much overage of technique there. Bad service guy. I'm curious where the damage to the wheels happened. I skimmed, but I didn't see any curbing. Odd that. Car's exhaust notes sounded good, though.
No thanks for your input. You did not read the description. They waived the right for privacy when they stepped in my car and pointed and stated that the video was recording with time stamps.
Then they started the abuse while laughing. I have a lawyer.
Old 7/31/14, 11:10 AM
CVH
Bullitt Member

So... it's ok to post videos of someone who doesn't know if they're being recorded? AND you aren't a party in the recording? AND you told where the incident happened? I'm not accusing, I'm just asking. For depending on the law in Florida, this might get you in hot water, worse than their transgression, OP... Survellance and wiretapping and such. Weird laws out there... Aaand now it's on the internet. Where it never forgets. I think I might have refrained... but that's me. Just a lil' concerned for ya is all. --- I don't care for the guy trying to blow it up. But I understand how the high rev, blow it out method could be employed, we did that a few times to blow out the exhaust and ensure the carbon build didn't happen. I am a firm believer in punching it to redline, since the '57 Thunderbird we had would need it. A lot. But not anywhere near what they did, I agree. Much overage of technique there. Bad service guy. I'm curious where the damage to the wheels happened. I skimmed, but I didn't see any curbing. Odd that. Car's exhaust notes sounded good, though.
And it's funny that one person did not like the video and left a bad comment about the rims and now you ask about the wheels. The camera was turned off then anther 80 miles was put on the car that night.

Last edited by CVH; 7/31/14 at 11:20 AM.
Old 7/31/14, 11:16 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Good luck Chris. That is ridiculous. I wouldn't share too much more with us, as all of this will now be admissible in court as part of your discovery.
Old 7/31/14, 11:20 AM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Good luck Chris. That is ridiculous. I wouldn't share too much more with us, as all of this will now be admissible in court as part of your discovery.
Thank you. That's fine. All fact.
Old 7/31/14, 11:34 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by CVH
Thank you. That's fine. All fact.
No I know it is, just saying because you will be asked, under oath, if you've told anyone about the facts of the case or shared any information about it. It gets tedious telling the attorneys everything and everyone you've told, because the dealers attorneys do have a right to interview every single person that has been made aware of your case. Just letting you know from experience (I'm still in the middle of a lawsuit). Depositions suck!
Old 7/31/14, 11:57 AM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Hey Chris. I posted a link to the video on my fb. Whatever I can do to bring justice.
Old 7/31/14, 12:11 PM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FordService
Hey CVH, I know you’re already in contact with my counterpart Eric on Facebook. He will take care of you. Let me know if you have any questions. Heeeeeyyy!! Here I go! Lol. I love you guys’ support! Deysha
Thanks but Eric is horrible with communication. Looks like every department is **** in Fords business.
Old 7/31/14, 12:13 PM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by typesredline
Hey Chris. I posted a link to the video on my fb. Whatever I can do to bring justice.
Thanks dude. Anyone who can share this horrible experience is much appreciated. Everyone should know how this dealership treated me and possibly others.
Old 7/31/14, 01:11 PM
CVH
Bullitt Member

So all Eric wanted was feedback. Deisha, is this all you wanted also?
Attached Thumbnails FORD dealership abuse-image-1184276077.jpg  
Old 7/31/14, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by CVH
WOW!!!!

If that isn't to be construed as a giant F*** Y***, I don't know what is.

Good golly, Ford Motor Company is a piece of work.

I was looking at the Fusion, but shot it down due to poor customer service both personally experienced and reported on this website (among others). My SIL was looking at a Taurus SHO. My Daughter and I talked him out of it in large part to poor customer service (he bought an Audi A6 - sweet car).

Last edited by sammerdog; 7/31/14 at 02:38 PM.
Old 7/31/14, 02:36 PM

Newly registered- posted this on LightningRodder after seeing this on GarageJournal. It is making its way around the web and I hope it goes viral soon.

Anyone advocating that the tech did nothing wrong is completely asinine. Surely the tech did not disclose before, during, or after the manner in which the car would be driven. This puts undue stress on the drivetrain- esp the rear end.

The tech is a professional who acted in a careless and juvenile manner. Having a Lightning, I too take pride in my vehicle. Sorry to hear of your misfortunes and I hope you are satisfied with the overall outcome.
Old 7/31/14, 03:26 PM

Horrible......I cant imagine how i'd react if i was in your shoes, but i can tell you. i'd be extremely unhappy with the dealership and ford too, if they don't have a solution that meets your standards in a HURRY! Not so sure i'd want to keep the car, not knowing how badly it was mistreated and abused, as well as damages that wont show till later. A replacement vehicle is what I'm thinking, including compensation for all your upgrades.
And i'd forget about "Eric" from facebook. his message didn't sound promising to me.....typical stuff you also hear when you call ford customer service......but no real help.
Something like that could make me look at other makes.

Last edited by Pete6114; 7/31/14 at 03:32 PM.
Old 7/31/14, 04:15 PM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by jchetty
Newly registered- posted this on LightningRodder after seeing this on GarageJournal. It is making its way around the web and I hope it goes viral soon. Anyone advocating that the tech did nothing wrong is completely asinine. Surely the tech did not disclose before, during, or after the manner in which the car would be driven. This puts undue stress on the drivetrain- esp the rear end. The tech is a professional who acted in a careless and juvenile manner. Having a Lightning, I too take pride in my vehicle. Sorry to hear of your misfortunes and I hope you are satisfied with the overall outcome.
a true genuine car/truck guy response. Thanks dude your support is appreciated. I compare this mechanic to a firefighter burning down a house.

Last edited by CVH; 7/31/14 at 04:19 PM.
Old 7/31/14, 07:43 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by CVH
Thanks but Eric is horrible with communication. Looks like every department is **** in Fords business.
To be fair bro, Ford is probably one of the "people" to end up helping you out here. They won't be happy to see what happened or to hear about the (lack of) resolutions. Plus the warranty fraud. Might not want to **** on them. Your issue is exclusively with this one dealer.

Last edited by typesredline; 7/31/14 at 07:47 PM.
Old 7/31/14, 08:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
Originally Posted by CVH
No thanks for your input. You did not read the description. They waived the right for privacy when they stepped in my car and pointed and stated that the video was recording with time stamps.
Then they started the abuse while laughing. I have a lawyer.
>>"'No thanks for your input."<<

Right. Message recieved. Good luck and all that.
Old 8/1/14, 06:16 AM
Bullitt Member

So... it's ok to post videos of someone who doesn't know if they're being recorded? AND you aren't a party in the recording? AND you told where the incident happened?

I'm not accusing, I'm just asking. For depending on the law in Florida, this might get you in hot water, worse than their transgression, OP... Survellance and wiretapping and such. Weird laws out there...

Aaand now it's on the internet. Where it never forgets. I think I might have refrained... but that's me. Just a lil' concerned for ya is all.

---

I don't care for the guy trying to blow it up. But I understand how the high rev, blow it out method could be employed, we did that a few times to blow out the exhaust and ensure the carbon build didn't happen. I am a firm believer in punching it to redline, since the '57 Thunderbird we had would need it. A lot. But not anywhere near what they did, I agree. Much overage of technique there. Bad service guy.

I'm curious where the damage to the wheels happened. I skimmed, but I didn't see any curbing. Odd that.

Car's exhaust notes sounded good, though.
Lawyers can slow things down to a crawl. Bring the video in and sit down with the GM and start there. I would demand a new car. No repairs, no replacement parts. Before you do, have a list of local contacts for the major networks in your area. And when the ford reps show up here, have them escalate it to the regional rep immediately. Once it gets out into the media, Ford may not be so willing to deal and then it will be time to get a lawyer and release the footage. You've got them not only civilly but the driver is committing a crime. You SHOULD speak to the police to see if there is enough there to go after the driver.

Last edited by Critical Mass; 8/1/14 at 06:19 AM.
Old 8/1/14, 06:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by CVH
If you have a lawyer then that's all you are going to get now. For legal reasons Ford isn't going to say anything to you, it will be between the lawyers now. And it will be a long process.
Old 8/1/14, 07:27 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Critical Mass
If you have a lawyer then that's all you are going to get now. For legal reasons Ford isn't going to say anything to you, it will be between the lawyers now. And it will be a long process.
This is true...
Old 8/1/14, 07:29 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by CVH
Originally Posted by CVH
So all Eric wanted was feedback. Deysha, is this all you wanted also?
Hi CVH,

I know this may sound a little dismissive, but “negative feedback” is how it has to be categorized since this is not a warranty situation. Please trust and believe this has been thoroughly documented and forwarded to the appropriate parties for handling.

Deysha
Old 8/1/14, 08:51 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Critical Mass
Lawyers can slow things down to a crawl. Bring the video in and sit down with the GM and start there. I would demand a new car. No repairs, no replacement parts. Before you do, have a list of local contacts for the major networks in your area. And when the ford reps show up here, have them escalate it to the regional rep immediately. Once it gets out into the media, Ford may not be so willing to deal and then it will be time to get a lawyer and release the footage. You've got them not only civilly but the driver is committing a crime. You SHOULD speak to the police to see if there is enough there to go after the driver.
He has been on this for over a month. He has already talked to the GM and owner. They have balked at his requests. He has a lawyer and local media contacts. And ford reps have done nothing so far other than file the complaint.

I believe ford will be on his side here due to the dealer also claiming warranty work and not actually doing anything. They both have interests against the dealership.

I do agree that having the police file a report at minimum is a good idea. I haven't read that he's done this yet.

Last edited by typesredline; 8/1/14 at 08:55 AM.

Quick Reply: FORD dealership abuse