Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

FORD dealership abuse

Search this Thread

Old 7/30/14, 08:35 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
what did the GM say about this video?
Old 7/30/14, 09:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Wow. Good for you for having the cameras. I'm sure Deysha will escalate this one pretty quick, as soon as she's online tomorrow and sees this. Wow.
Old 7/30/14, 10:07 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,678 Posts
Wow just crazy! WTH?
Old 7/31/14, 01:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
That's why I will never take my car to a stealership, unless there is no other choice. Reminds me of Ferris Bueller's day off.
Old 7/31/14, 05:55 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by TommyV
That's why I will never take my car to a stealership, unless there is no other choice. Reminds me of Ferris Bueller's day off.
Yes but with Adam Corolla behind the wheel.
Old 7/31/14, 06:47 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Tell them you want a new GT500 for free and you will go away.....
Old 7/31/14, 07:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I am actually surprised you didn't lawyer up the next day. Not only would I berate them with my 2 cents on their appalling misuse of my trust with my baby but I would have gotten police there to file a very large report. I am having a transmission issue where I try and shift fast into 2nd but it locks me out. So I had ford take a look. They couldn't recreate the problem and I told them it happens closer to redline. Their response was that they are unable to drive a customers car like that, it is against policy. I am now going back to Ford to see if the transmission guy can ride along so I can drive it.

I believe and hope that Ford will jump on this case and do right by you. I would still contact a lawyer right away to not only help resolve this issue but to protect yourself. You made this video public so there is no telling what company lawyers might try and pull.
Old 7/31/14, 07:21 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Jesus H Christ. My blood was boiling in exactly 1:30...and then at 1:58 I could feel the fight or flight response in my hands. I don't know how you did it man. Send that video to EVERYone. Blast it out to all the media. And don't kick your car because of this...it's not her fault.
Old 7/31/14, 07:38 AM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Where's Deysha?
Old 7/31/14, 07:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
Jesus H Christ. My blood was boiling in exactly 1:30...and then at 1:58 I could feel the fight or flight response in my hands. I don't know how you did it man. Send that video to EVERYone. Blast it out to all the media. And don't kick your car because of this...it's not her fault.

If you do send it out to all the media... lawyer up, you will regret not getting a lawyer and this all might be for nothing
Old 7/31/14, 07:52 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
So... it's ok to post videos of someone who doesn't know if they're being recorded? AND you aren't a party in the recording? AND you told where the incident happened?

I'm not accusing, I'm just asking. For depending on the law in Florida, this might get you in hot water, worse than their transgression, OP... Survellance and wiretapping and such. Weird laws out there...

Aaand now it's on the internet. Where it never forgets. I think I might have refrained... but that's me. Just a lil' concerned for ya is all.

---

I don't care for the guy trying to blow it up. But I understand how the high rev, blow it out method could be employed, we did that a few times to blow out the exhaust and ensure the carbon build didn't happen. I am a firm believer in punching it to redline, since the '57 Thunderbird we had would need it. A lot. But not anywhere near what they did, I agree. Much overage of technique there. Bad service guy.

I'm curious where the damage to the wheels happened. I skimmed, but I didn't see any curbing. Odd that.

Car's exhaust notes sounded good, though.

Last edited by houtex; 7/31/14 at 07:56 AM.
Old 7/31/14, 08:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by houtex
So... it's ok to post videos of someone who doesn't know if they're being recorded? AND you aren't a party in the recording? AND you told where the incident happened?

I'm not accusing, I'm just asking. For depending on the law in Florida, this might get you in hot water, worse than their transgression, OP... Survellance and wiretapping and such. Weird laws out there...

Aaand now it's on the internet. Where it never forgets. I think I might have refrained... but that's me. Just a lil' concerned for ya is all.

---

I don't care for the guy trying to blow it up. But I understand how the high rev, blow it out method could be employed, we did that a few times to blow out the exhaust and ensure the carbon build didn't happen. I am a firm believer in punching it to redline, since the '57 Thunderbird we had would need it. A lot. But not anywhere near what they did, I agree. Much overage of technique there. Bad service guy.

I'm curious where the damage to the wheels happened. I skimmed, but I didn't see any curbing. Odd that.

Car's exhaust notes sounded good, though.
He didn't expose anyone's identity nor did he invade anyone's privacy. The camera was in plain sight.
Old 7/31/14, 08:37 AM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
That really sucks. Whatever you decide to do, I wish you luck.
Old 7/31/14, 08:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by typesredline
Where's Deysha?
Where indeed...
Old 7/31/14, 08:58 AM
Cobra Member

I think Deysha is on vacation. Guys he has already tried to work it out with the dealer. See the link below as I don't think he frequents this forum very much anymore. It explains alot. I don't believe he has gotten a lawyer involved yet though. As for the camera and peoples privacy. He didn't show anyone's identity and they talk about the camera being there before they started the shenanigans! I would be livid if this had happened. I doubt this is an approved method by Ford to fix or diagnose a problem.

http://www.fastfordmuscle.com/index....sawgrass-ford/
Old 7/31/14, 09:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I read his thread from June, the dealership promised to do what he wanted to correct the situation, and they failed at that. Time to get the lawyer involved, I don't know about privacy laws, but can't he claim the cameras as security cameras, and they were in plain sight.

Last edited by kanine; 7/31/14 at 09:04 AM.
Old 7/31/14, 09:11 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by houtex
So... it's ok to post videos of someone who doesn't know if they're being recorded? AND you aren't a party in the recording? AND you told where the incident happened? I'm not accusing, I'm just asking. For depending on the law in Florida, this might get you in hot water, worse than their transgression, OP... Survellance and wiretapping and such. Weird laws out there... Aaand now it's on the internet. Where it never forgets. I think I might have refrained... but that's me. Just a lil' concerned for ya is all. --- I don't care for the guy trying to blow it up. But I understand how the high rev, blow it out method could be employed, we did that a few times to blow out the exhaust and ensure the carbon build didn't happen. I am a firm believer in punching it to redline, since the '57 Thunderbird we had would need it. A lot. But not anywhere near what they did, I agree. Much overage of technique there. Bad service guy. I'm curious where the damage to the wheels happened. I skimmed, but I didn't see any curbing. Odd that. Car's exhaust notes sounded good, though.
I don't think the service tech had a reasonable expectation of privacy in the OPs car. Also the camera was in clear sight apparently.
Old 7/31/14, 09:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TommyV
A million times this. Unless I know someone personally at that dealership who is going to look after my car, I'm not sending my car in.
Old 7/31/14, 09:32 AM
Bullitt Member

I won't let my baby out of my sight EVER.

****, I rarely even let my wife drive it without me in the car.
Old 7/31/14, 09:46 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by CVH
I would like to share my bad experience with a dealership:
This is how a mechanic attempted to fix my car.
I had a small knock from the top of my engine, maybe carbon build up. The mechanic, instead of treating with chemicals(protocol), decided that it would be easier to run my car in first gear for 5 miles at redline. He discusses with another mechanic in the car how he would like to either fix it or blow it up. My expensive Shelby CS1 wheels were damaged along with the transmission during the time they had my car. There was rubber down the sides of my car and 80+ miles on my car from when the camera was shut off by the shop foreman.
I gave them 2 chances to repaint the wheels, until they had to replace them finally. They gave the car back to me with 3 new wheels and told me that they replaced 4, THEY LIED again. I spent much time trying for them to get my wheels balanced after that, and to top it off, now my transmission flare is considered normal to them, even though it was operating properly when I dropped it off, they refuse to fix it without an engine light code. My car is not shifting normally from 3rd to 4th gear now and sometimes loses the gear completely.
After over a month of time back and forth to the dealership, I have come to the conclusion that this will never get resolved and I am too scared and untwist worthy of this dealership to keep my car out of my site again.
I record in and out of my car at all times and my cameras are in clear site of view. The mechanics point out the camera and mention that it is possible that it is recording.
After all the issues I had with this dealership, the mechanic still has a job at this dealership servicing cars.
How I kept my cool, i do not know! My wheels have been replaced finally! They will not repair the transmission and I have the extended service plans.
What a shame!
Hey CVH,

I know you’re already in contact with my counterpart Eric on Facebook. He will take care of you. Let me know if you have any questions.

Originally Posted by wannabe
Hey... where are all the Ford folks that monitor these forums?
Originally Posted by Flagstang
Im sure the ford reps are all
right now
Originally Posted by kylerohde
Wow. Good for you for having the cameras. I'm sure Deysha will escalate this one pretty quick, as soon as she's online tomorrow and sees this. Wow.
Originally Posted by typesredline
Where's Deysha?
Originally Posted by OnceYouGoBlack
Where indeed...
Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
I think Deysha is on vacation. ...
Heeeeeyyy!! Here I go! Lol.

I love you guys’ support!

Deysha

Quick Reply: FORD dealership abuse