Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Ford Customer Service - disappointed (2011/12 5.0 engine tick)

Search this Thread

Old 6/22/11, 01:08 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford Customer Service - disappointed (2011/12 5.0 engine tick)

I posted this on allformustangs.com, since most of the threads I've found on this issue have been there.
I just wanted to get this off my chest...

RANT ON.....
I appreciate reps from Ford Customer Service monitoring this, and other Mustang forums.
Deysha - nothing personal. I know you are just trying to help.

I am frustrated, though.
This issue has been widely known, and described, discussed, detailed, and documented at length.
Numerous people... describing almost exactly the same problem for over a year!

Occasionally, as I'm looking through all these posts, a rep replies to one of these threads with the generic :

Originally Posted by FordCustSrvc
I am sorry to hear about this issue with your Mustang...

Seriously?
This is news to you?
Google "ignitor tick" and start reading.

My car started doing this after it's 10,000 mile oil change.
(First one was at 5,000...no problems.)
I took it to the dealer.
They listened, heard it, called Ford, described it to them.
The impression I got was that this was "news" to Ford.
Like they've never heard of such an issue!

Come on, Ford!
Don't let probably one of your most loyal customer bases down.

I've never been a Ford guy myself.
I was a dedicated GM guy.
The 2011 Mustang GT, however, with the new 5.0, brought me into the fold.
I love my Mustang. The styling, performance, sound...I was proud everytime I drove it.
That's before the engine tick came around. Now it's got me frustrated.
It comes and goes in it's intensity.
When it's quiet, I feel better, when it's acting up, I get upset again.

There's obviously a problem here. Let's get it fixed and move on.
Engine additives are not doing it.

If this tick is "NORMAL" for the Coyote 5.0, then I'm sorry I purchased one.

RANT OFF.
Old 6/30/11, 02:16 PM

After having my 2011 c/s mustang gt convert serviced at sarasota ford in florida yesterday and inquiring about the starter run on the advisor showed me the bulletin regarding the issue ,so i said go ahead and do the reprogramming and he told me to make another appointment , I have had it as soon as I can trade this POS I will and ford can kiss my A@@@, these people think We have nothing better to do except hang around there dirty shop in the 90 degree plus heat. I hope Ford monitors this one and I sincerely doubt I will purchase any more trucks in my 25 unit fleet
Old 6/30/11, 08:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BIGAL
After having my 2011 c/s mustang gt convert serviced at sarasota ford in florida yesterday and inquiring about the starter run on the advisor showed me the bulletin regarding the issue ,so i said go ahead and do the reprogramming and he told me to make another appointment , I have had it as soon as I can trade this POS I will and ford can kiss my A@@@, these people think We have nothing better to do except hang around there dirty shop in the 90 degree plus heat. I hope Ford monitors this one and I sincerely doubt I will purchase any more trucks in my 25 unit fleet
Sarasota Ford is the worst dealer in the universe. They will never, ever, ever even sniff one ounce of business from me. No car, no service, nothing. I can tell multiple stories of my ordeals with them. They are five minutes from my house and I'd rather drive to Bradenton or Nokomis to get stuff done.

Autoway Ford in Bradenton has been nothing but a pleasure to work with. Truly stellar. If you live in the area, I would recommend going there.
Old 7/1/11, 04:05 AM

ANOTHER SARASOTA FORD LOVER (LOL)

Originally Posted by jaybertx
Sarasota Ford is the worst dealer in the universe. They will never, ever, ever even sniff one ounce of business from me. No car, no service, nothing. I can tell multiple stories of my ordeals with them. They are five minutes from my house and I'd rather drive to Bradenton or Nokomis to get stuff done.

Autoway Ford in Bradenton has been nothing but a pleasure to work with. Truly stellar. If you live in the area, I would recommend going there.
I appreciate another scorned sarasota ford fan, when I bought my car last year we lived in Venice and since have moved to East Bradenton,I'll give Autoway a shot . Thanks for the info
Old 7/1/11, 08:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by BIGAL
I was going to say: Time to find another dealership! There are four Ford dealers here in Tulsa and I'm lucky that the one who has taken the best care of us and our cars is the one closest to our house!

And don't give the entire Ford Corporation a black eye for one dealership's bad attitude towards customer service. They're making some really good products right now, and the Mustangs, like any other car, will have its share of problems. (For the record I have had zero major issues with mine. Just last week I noticed that the RH mirror was delaminating, but it's covered under the warranty.) I hope you guys get your issues ironed out and keep your Mustangs.
Old 7/8/11, 11:17 AM
Cobra Member

Guys, just read the camaro and challenger forums. They all have issues. One camaro owner is so pissed he wishes he still had his 08 stang.
Old 7/8/11, 08:05 PM
Bullitt Member

I couldn't even drop my car off a half an hour early. Had an appt for 7:45 and wanted to drop it off at 7:15 because I had to be at work at 8:00. Said I have to have an appt with a service advisor in order to drop it off. Loser Dealers.
Old 7/8/11, 10:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2012GT
Guys, just read the camaro and challenger forums. They all have issues. One camaro owner is so pissed he wishes he still had his 08 stang.
Yeah ive heard theres alot of problems with the challengers...
Old 7/8/11, 11:57 PM
Bullitt Member

there is a lot to be said about the old advise bout staying away from first year model after a new model.

although that is easier said than done when you are talking about the new 5.0

i was temped to get a 2010 model since i like the new bodystyle and its the last year of the 4.6 so its pretty much a safe bet. But after driving the 5.0 i couldnt do it.