Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Fit finish issues on Boss

Search this Thread

Old 6/5/12, 06:31 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fit finish issues on Boss

Before storing the car last year I noticed the passenger side strip was get more bubbled. I also found water in the tire well and I still had a paint defect on the rear I never had a chance to review with the dealer waiting so long for track key before putting it away. So one of the first things I did this year is take it to the dealer for these issues along with an oil change and a slow leak and a request for a hood repaint due to some chips. Next thing I get a quote that includes what I thought would be warranty work. One of the bubbles worked to the edge and became a chip so apparently the stripe isn't covered. And they fail to see an issue with the paint defect on the rear. I love my car. I love the engineering. I love the people I met who developed the car but the dealer and Ford Canada issues have made the ownership less than rewarding. Can anyone help me resolve these issues?
Old 6/6/12, 06:17 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2
Before storing the car last year I noticed the passenger side strip was get more bubbled. I also found water in the tire well and I still had a paint defect on the rear I never had a chance to review with the dealer waiting so long for track key before putting it away. So one of the first things I did this year is take it to the dealer for these issues along with an oil change and a slow leak and a request for a hood repaint due to some chips. Next thing I get a quote that includes what I thought would be warranty work. One of the bubbles worked to the edge and became a chip so apparently the stripe isn't covered. And they fail to see an issue with the paint defect on the rear.
Hey Fenderaddict2,

I see no documentation where you’ve contacted Ford of Canada regarding these specific concerns you’re experiencing. Will you please contact them at 1-800-565-3673 and let me know what happens?

Deysha
Old 6/12/12, 07:35 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice to know dealer didn't try. Thanks, I'll call.