Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Does my Dealer pay for my car rental?!

Search this Thread

Old 8/9/11, 03:15 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does my Dealer pay for my car rental?!

Hey all

A little background on this.
Check engine light popped on my '11 5.0 two weeks ago. I ran the Sync Engine Diagnostics, car burped an email to me. The email said, "Check engine light is on - take car to mechanic" (blargh)

Ford dealership here in Napa, CA determined the issue was the camshaft positioning sensor - told me to come back in two days to replace it. I did, check engine light was gone.

Driving home that night, I noticed a sound coming under hood, driver side camshaft area (driver side of engine plenum). I told Ford, mechanic does a drive around with me - determines the issue (same as I mentioned above) and says to leave car for an undetermined amount of days until they "..can get to my car."

So my question(s) are as follows:

- Assuming the problem is determined to be related to work done at Ford a week ago, is Ford responsible for my rental?
- Anyone know the CA lemon law? I googled and I suppose I get three visits of the same issue - I qualify for this replacement!
- On the time in shop, wouldn't Ford want to take care of me first because this is obviously related to a service visit.
Thanks for your time on this
Old 8/10/11, 06:38 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by y2kcbr
Hey all

A little background on this.
Check engine light popped on my '11 5.0 two weeks ago. I ran the Sync Engine Diagnostics, car burped an email to me. The email said, "Check engine light is on - take car to mechanic" (blargh)

Ford dealership here in Napa, CA determined the issue was the camshaft positioning sensor - told me to come back in two days to replace it. I did, check engine light was gone.

Driving home that night, I noticed a sound coming under hood, driver side camshaft area (driver side of engine plenum). I told Ford, mechanic does a drive around with me - determines the issue (same as I mentioned above) and says to leave car for an undetermined amount of days until they "..can get to my car."

So my question(s) are as follows:

- Assuming the problem is determined to be related to work done at Ford a week ago, is Ford responsible for my rental?
- Anyone know the CA lemon law? I googled and I suppose I get three visits of the same issue - I qualify for this replacement!
- On the time in shop, wouldn't Ford want to take care of me first because this is obviously related to a service visit.
Thanks for your time on this
Hey y2kcbr,

This is Deysha from Ford Customer Service. Loaner vehicles are provided per dealer availability and not all dealers have that option. Some only have it available if you purchased the vehicle from them, or if it’s an extenuating circumstance, etc. This is also why we offer rental provisions with our Extended Service Plans with first day rental or after 24 hour rental, etc. I would like to escalate this for you. Please private message me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, and contact info so I can help.

Deysha
Old 8/11/11, 01:54 PM
GT Member

Thanks - I just sent you a PM. I really appreciate anything you can do to help. An update that I got today said it could possibly the timing chain and the chain tensioner. Arrgghh -
Old 8/11/11, 03:15 PM
GT Member

UPDATE: Had a PM almost immediately back from Deysha and a subsequent call to my work. Ford CSR Jeff says that Ford will pick up the rental. Just amazing service, you all rock. thanks a bunch
Old 8/12/11, 08:38 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by y2kcbr
UPDATE: Had a PM almost immediately back from Deysha and a subsequent call to my work. Ford CSR Jeff says that Ford will pick up the rental. Just amazing service, you all rock. thanks a bunch
Awesome news y2kcbr!! Thank you!!

Deysha