Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Convertible Rear Window Defogger

Search this Thread

Old 7/29/13, 07:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm back again. The rear window defogger has been repaired three times and has broken again. To be fair, I should add that each side has broken twice. At least it is balanced. I called a local glass place to see if they would fix it--they told me they stopped fixing this problem because the fixes never lasted. I am about to call my Ford dealer. I am under extended warranty now. We will see how that goes. I love the car, but this is ridiculous. The only thing I can figure is that in the recent heat wave, the bonding melted.
Old 2/22/14, 12:38 PM

2010 GT Premium Rear Defroster Issue

My 2010 has it's third top on it.. And my defroster grid connector has come off again... Last time was a 1.5 years ago. If Ford replaces this time, we will be going for top #4. I'm amazed this $42,000 car has such a poor quality connection to the rear glass for the defroster. I will update Monday after I plead my case at my dealer. I have Prem care ESP, but not sure they are going to cover it. I have also contacted Daysha via PM for her help. Just wanted to go on record as saying this is a problem and that my car has had nothing contact with that connector... Ever! really bad problem for such a wonderful car and if they will not replace it this time, this will be my last Mustang.
Old 9/20/14, 11:39 AM

I am having the same problem mine doesn't work at all. I bought mine used and not sure where to go from here. Help please.
Old 9/20/14, 02:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fix it yourself. I fixed mine in the spring and it is still working fine.
http://www.frostfighter.com/defroste...g-kit-2000.htm
When you repair it, follow the wire under the top and pull out some excess. I think it pulls off the window because it is binding as there is not enough wire sticking out and it tears off when the top goes down. Don't bother bringing it to a dealer. They won't fix it right anyway.