Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Car choking

Search this Thread

Old 8/22/18, 08:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car choking

Hi everybody! I'm new here so I was hoping to ask a few questions about my 2010 mustang.
First of all, it idles down at stop lights and signs and turns off if I do not keep the car moving for more than about 2 minutes. In addition to that, sometimes(about 60% of the time) when I drive the car chokes and acts like it's either not getting enough gas or getting too much. (My a/c also goes in and out and the car shakes before it gets cold again but idk if that's related). I've reset the idle on this car at least 20 times.... it seems to drive smoothly if I do that before each drive, if I don't it chokes non stop and prevents me from going more than 30 miles and hour. Sometimes the car runs fine until I drive about 30 minutes, then it acts up; other times it can happen immediately. This happens at all speeds.The reset i'm doing is the one where you turn the key to acc and let the dash lights settle, pump the gas once, turn the key to off, then turn the car on 4-5 seconds later. The reset in themanual seems to do nothing to help.
Do you guys think this is the fuel pump or iac valve? I went to a shop and they kept the car for a week and couldn't find anything. I want to take it to ford to have the parts replaced because I can't afford another$100 fee to look at it and not find anything.
thank you in advance!

Last edited by Fordowner2010; 8/22/18 at 08:38 AM.