Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Ants are invading

Search this Thread

Old 8/10/13, 07:40 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ants are invading

Put the car on jack stands to rotate my tires, and decided to give everything under there a good cleaning since I had all the tires off. I didn't get finished before the sun went down so I left the car on jack stands over night...

Well, it poured rain and woke up the next morning with ants in the door jambs and under the hood...

Thought they were all gone and then today when it rained I opened the door and there were hundreds in the door jamb again... I beat on the door sill and ants and small eggs came out...

How the hell do I remedy this situation? They aren't really in the cabin yet, but I know that's where they'll be next...
Attached Thumbnails Ants are invading-image-1912326506.jpg  
Old 8/10/13, 08:28 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Wow this is a first. I honestly have no good answer for this. Maybe start with exterminators???

How the heck did ants crawl up the jack stands??? Did you pour sugar on the door jambs??? Lol
Old 8/10/13, 08:36 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Wow this is a first. I honestly have no good answer for this. Maybe start with exterminators???

How the heck did ants crawl up the jack stands??? Did you pour sugar on the door jambs??? Lol
I have no **** clue... Nobody eats in the car, but the jack stands were the only route inside the car! I'm gonna get some Seven dust tomorrow and park it out in the sun all day maybe that will get rid of them... **** fire ants
Old 8/10/13, 08:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by dkmcclelland
Put the car on jack stands to rotate my tires, and decided to give everything under there a good cleaning since I had all the tires off. I didn't get finished before the sun went down so I left the car on jack stands over night...

Well, it poured rain and woke up the next morning with ants in the door jambs and under the hood...

Thought they were all gone and then today when it rained I opened the door and there were hundreds in the door jamb again... I beat on the door sill and ants and small eggs came out...

How the hell do I remedy this situation? They aren't really in the cabin yet, but I know that's where they'll be next...
Next time. Coat the hell out of the stands with ant poison
Old 8/10/13, 08:49 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts

I have no **** clue... Nobody eats in the car, but the jack stands were the only route inside the car! I'm gonna get some Seven dust tomorrow and park it out in the sun all day maybe that will get rid of them... **** fire ants
****ing fire ants

They went to high ground because of the rain. Must have been a pretty big rain for them to do that.

I don't have any answers but maybe there's a bait or something to lure them out again and kill them just like they went in

So you don't have a bunch of any eggs and carcasses in your door sill after you kill them.
Old 8/10/13, 09:39 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Shop vac to clean them out....put poison in shop vac to kill them once sucked up. Yep...they moved to high ground for sure.
Old 8/11/13, 10:44 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by AzPete
Shop vac to clean them out....put poison in shop vac to kill them once sucked up. Yep...they moved to high ground for sure.
Shop vac!!! Genius. I should've thought of that. Yep, this!!!
Old 8/12/13, 05:03 PM
GT Member

Sorry to hear that. I hope you were able to get rid of them. If it makes you feel any better, it could have been worse - A friend of mine garaged his 911 during the depths of winter and returned to find that mice had made nests in his intake, exhaust, and HVAC systems!

Last edited by thebms; 8/12/13 at 05:04 PM.
Old 8/12/13, 06:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Treat your yard for ants/bugs, they have to leave the car to find food, and that's when it will get them
Old 8/12/13, 06:34 PM
GT Member

Thanks guys! Vacuumed them all out, sprayed a little poison on the door sills and on the entrance into the engine bay from the fender wells and they've almost all but disappeared.

Hopefully the little bastards will all die!
Old 8/12/13, 07:57 PM
GT Member

Farking Jack Ants!
Old 8/12/13, 09:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks guys! Vacuumed them all out, sprayed a little poison on the door sills and on the entrance into the engine bay from the fender wells and they've almost all but disappeared.

Hopefully the little bastards will all die!
Dustin, I noticed ants crawling on my '07 GT when I visited Adel in 2011. Are our cars too sweet? Maybe installing an R/T or SS badge would deter them in the future. J/K
Old 8/12/13, 09:14 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Missouri Hoss
Dustin, I noticed ants crawling on my '07 GT when I visited Adel in 2011. Are our cars too sweet? Maybe installing an R/T or SS badge would deter them in the future. J/K
Ya, put a Bowtie or GM sticker ... That'll scare em
Old 8/13/13, 06:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ant traps work wonders. Put a couple under each seat, come back in a week or two to vaccum