Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Another issue with Pony Projectors, Attempted to take it to dealer(Lakewood Ford)

Search this Thread

Old 4/28/13, 11:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another issue with Pony Projectors, Attempted to take it to dealer(Lakewood Ford)

This is in regards to the service department at Lakewood Ford in Washington

I own a 2013 Mustang GT. The vehicle currently has a 3 year 36k mile bumper to bumper warranty. I am still within the limits of the warranty. On April 20th, 2013 I did a "walk in" to attempt to have my pony projector lamps (projects small imagine of horse on the ground visible at night) looked at because the lights do NOT project a horse....looks more like a horse exploded. The service advisor Michael attempted to tell me that they were not covered under warranty and started to explain the process of repairing them. I asked him how are defective lightning is not covered under warranty??? He then stated "we had a couple rejected". Moments before this he told me they have had "like 50-60" mustangs that have been in for that. He then stated, "well maybe they will be, let me take a look at them" The lights has no visual damage and you cant tell they are defective unless they are actively projecting the image. After looking at them he said "hmmm, maybe these will be under warranty"...I was curious as to how he figured that out buy looking at the plastic cover??? But anyways....

I was informed there were no available appointments for the day. I said very well lets set something up for the following Saturday April 27th, 2013. I told him I would take the earliest appointment at 0800. He then proceeded to take my phone number and name on what appeared to be a napkin or small piece of paper.

I take my car in at the scheduled appointment time at 0800 on April 27th, 2013. I'm standing at the same Michael (service adviser) that set my appointment up. He told me that a different service advisor Mike Smith will get me set up. I move over to his counter area, then informs me that I have no appointment further implying that I "made it up". So at this point I'm frustrated about the whole experience at this particular Service department.

He said well...
Mike Smith:"Are you leaving it or staying with it?"
Me: "I have to stay with it"
Mike Smith: "Well, I'm going to need it until 1pm"
Me: "5 hours for lights? Is there anyway I can get it by noon? I have a prior engagement at 1pm, thats why I took the earliest appointment time"
Mike Smith: " Well, I have 20+ cars in the service bay so it will be a while until I can get to it, so 1pm..."
Me: "Thats why I set an appointment up...for 8am"
Mike Smith: I dont know what to tell you, thats what I got
Me: so I get screwed because you failed to enter the appointment time?
Mike Smith: "Do you want to leave it or not?"

I left at this point...

I also asked if there was a loaner vehicle available. Considering their mistake...I was told no but they could give me a ride home. That would not get me to my afternoon place of business so I declined the shuttle ride.

These service advisors were acting like I owed them something. I'm not sure how these guys are in the positions they are with no customer/ people skills. As far as I'm concerned the dealership is basically the face of Ford. Michael should be removed from his position for being untruthful to customers.

IF you need your Ford serviced....this obviously isnt the place

Now on top of this Im getting a squealing from the rear end

Last edited by Coyote'13; 4/28/13 at 11:31 PM.
Old 4/28/13, 11:40 PM

Hey Coyote, I just had both mine replaced under warranty last week at Korum Ford in Puyallup. It took them about a week to get the parts, I scheduled an 8:00 am service appointment, they had them both replaced, car vacuumed and washed, in 45 minutes.
Old 4/29/13, 05:28 AM
GT Member

Get hold of Deisha at Ford Customer Service. Look her up on almost any of these forums. She is great and will Kick Butt for you. My dealership in Pensacola has only one decent service advisor...she drives her Mustang, and sometimes she drives at 140mph. Guess I'm lucky to have at least one person who understands what should be done.
Old 4/29/13, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by Coyote'13
These service advisors were acting like I owed them something. I'm not sure how these guys are in the positions they are with no customer/ people skills. As far as I'm concerned the dealership is basically the face of Ford.
I would send that entire post to Ford corporate customer service, cc to the CEO, then I would take a copy to the owner of the dealership.
Old 4/29/13, 06:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would take it to another dealer and write the owner of the dealership stating he will/has lost customers due to this post and the moron that works in service.
Old 4/29/13, 08:13 AM
Bullitt Member

Now on top of this Im getting a squealing from the rear end
The good thing is at least you know they didn't do something to cause the squealing from the rear end. Often times you leave the service department with more problems than you came in with.... I'm just sayin...
Old 4/29/13, 08:49 AM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
This is quite a surprise. Lakewood Ford is my dealership where I bought my new Mustang and everyone I've dealt with there has been great. I've had the impression that they are VERY interested in feedback from their customers. I would call and ask to speak to the owner or general manager. I'd be amazed if they don't bend over backwards to make this right.
Old 4/29/13, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by C7ZZ
Hey Coyote, I just had both mine replaced under warranty last week at Korum Ford in Puyallup. It took them about a week to get the parts, I scheduled an 8:00 am service appointment, they had them both replaced, car vacuumed and washed, in 45 minutes.
I think I will set an appt up with them, thx.

Originally Posted by bones302
I would take it to another dealer and write the owner of the dealership stating he will/has lost customers due to this post and the moron that works in service.
I was thinking of sending an email to them. Maybe they will at least have a boot up their ...
Originally Posted by tukatz
This is quite a surprise. Lakewood Ford is my dealership where I bought my new Mustang and everyone I've dealt with there has been great. I've had the impression that they are VERY interested in feedback from their customers. I would call and ask to speak to the owner or general manager. I'd be amazed if they don't bend over backwards to make this right.
Yeah I noticed they were one of the few on dealer rater. I'm not the first to complain about the service department. They seem to have a great sales team from what I've read though.
Old 4/29/13, 12:29 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
You need to speak to the owner of the dealership. You might as well send Deysha a message too.
Old 4/30/13, 06:48 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
This is in regards to the service department at Lakewood Ford in Washington

I own a 2013 Mustang GT. The vehicle currently has a 3 year 36k mile bumper to bumper warranty. I am still within the limits of the warranty. On April 20th, 2013 I did a "walk in" to attempt to have my pony projector lamps (projects small imagine of horse on the ground visible at night) looked at because the lights do NOT project a horse....looks more like a horse exploded.

Now on top of this Im getting a squealing from the rear end.
Hello Coyote’13,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service and I recommend you make an appointment with any Ford dealer in your area. Then, PM me with your VIN, dealer, full name, mileage, and best daytime number so I can escalate this to the customer service manager of your areas.

Originally Posted by Music man in Pcola
Get hold of Deysha at Ford Customer Service. Look her up on almost any of these forums. She is great and will Kick Butt for you.
Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
You need to speak to the owner of the dealership. You might as well send Deysha a message too.
Thanks for the support, guys!

Deysha