Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Another failed 2013 trans cooler tube... @ 56k miles

Search this Thread

Old 12/29/16, 10:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another failed 2013 trans cooler tube... @ 56k miles

My wife's 2013 V6 auto sprung a trans fluid leak... trans cooler tube at the transmission case connection... car only has 56k miles... I am told that the repair will not be covered by Ford Powertrain Warranty and also will not be covered by TotalCare Extended Warranty we purchased with when new...

The tube did not fail at the rubber section - it failed on the hard tubing section of the tube. Both warranties claim this to be a "hose". Their interpretation, is that any part of a "hybrid tube/hose" is considered a "hose", which i could actually understand if it was truly the "hose" section that failed (i.e. old cracked/leaking rubber), but that is not the case here. The rubber part of the line is still perfect...

Really surprises me that they interpret this to be part of the "hoses not covered" clause considering the trans cooler lines should almost be considered a "life of the vehicle" or at minimum 100k+ miles type item... I mean, saying that hard tubing is not covered is like saying that transmission case is not covered if it developed a similar leak...

Sad part is that my wife and I have purchased six new Ford vehicles in the last fifteen years, and the way they are treating this item is putting a bad taste in my mouth...

[/rant off]
Old 12/30/16, 04:11 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
I would be pissed at the TotalCare Extended Warranty more than to be pissed at Ford. I'm on 9 Mustang Forums and this 'might' be just the 2nd time I have read or heard of the leak you are having on the 2011+ V6's