Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

all these problems with only 52k miles....

Search this Thread

Old 2/8/14, 03:22 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
****, I'm on 73k miles and probably 100 drag strip passes and only broke my spider gears in my diff.
Nothing else except some turn signal bulbs here and there since 2008.
Old 2/8/14, 10:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by southcarolina12
so far ive had to replace the.... transmission, tail light housing, a accent light, passenger seat assembly, a front speaker, clock spring under warranty.... and now my dang water pump is leaking like crazy... im about ready to just get rid of this car and go back to a GM product. no telling how much its going to cost me to replace stuff after the warranty is up which will be pretty soon.
Just wondering what is one your front right side of your valance?
Old 2/9/14, 09:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shelby Mama
Just wondering what is one your front right side of your valance?
front right side of my valance?? what do you mean the rear valance? i dont have a front valance.
Old 2/9/14, 09:52 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
Holy god bro. You have had all that stuff go wrong with your pony and all you have is 57,000 miles. Wow.
Dunno, doesn't seem like that much especially when all replaced under warranty?
Old 2/9/14, 09:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by kylerohde
my point is if all of this has been replaced when the car only has that little miles how much will i have to replace after the warranty is up. 5k in replacement parts a year is more than i can afford.
Old 2/9/14, 10:12 AM
Legacy TMS Member

my point is if all of this has been replaced when the car only has that little miles how much will i have to replace after the warranty is up. 5k in replacement parts a year is more than i can afford.
Don't disagree but even if I'd paid for all the warranty repairs myself, it would have cost less than $2,000 spread out over 2.5 years
Old 2/9/14, 10:20 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's awesome it was under warranty but lot of stuff for a new car with hardly any miles. If your pony is breaking like that so early good grief what will it be like at 100 or 130k miles.
Old 2/9/14, 01:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

That's awesome it was under warranty but lot of stuff for a new car with hardly any miles. If your pony is breaking like that so early good grief what will it be like at 100 or 130k miles.
Not too worried about it - if it starts having problems, I'll trade it in but don't expect it to.
Old 2/9/14, 01:41 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Not too worried about it - if it starts having problems, I'll trade it in but don't expect it to.
Well hope not bro.
Old 2/9/14, 02:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

i wish i had the money to trade it in every time my vehicle starts having problems. i cant afford that though. the vehicle needs to last me several years.
Old 2/9/14, 04:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

i wish i had the money to trade it in every time my vehicle starts having problems. i cant afford that though. the vehicle needs to last me several years.
Never said I was going to not keep it several years. I've had it 2.5 so far and plan on keeping it as long as possible. I'm not one of the "trade it in every 3 years" crowd; I'm a "drive it into the ground" type guy.

Didn't mean to hijack your thread, BTW.
Old 2/9/14, 05:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Didn't GM have an issue with the Chevy volt or cruz wheels falling off? And the new Sierra/silverado has a huge recall for possible engine fires.

All models of cars will have lemons. All models will have some sort of problems. Go back to GM if you're so upset about it, don't just talk the talk.
Old 2/11/14, 06:49 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
im probably gonna end up just buying it and putting it on myself. i hate other people working on my car. they said they would have to keep the car for two days too and this is my only source of transportation and i have to drive it to school and back. i could change it in about 2 hours max. i highly doubt they will but will ford pay for the part under warranty and just let me change it myself?
Not a chance they'd do that. Mine was replaced under warranty as well. ...
You should speak to your service manager and see if they have any loaner/rentals available for you, southcarolina12. Also, as kylerohde mentioned, the part won’t be covered under warranty if you’re doing the install.

Deysha
Old 2/11/14, 08:07 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Name:  ForumRunner_20140211_100719.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  23.3 KB
Old 2/15/14, 08:23 PM
V6 Member

My water pump was replaced earlier today at just under 22,000 miles. This in addition to the serious electrical issue (that took 5 trips to the dealer over about 3 weeks when I first got it), and a tail light that was defective. Today they also ordered a new radio (or maybe just the display) to replace the defective display that plagues many of us.

Yes I am growing concerned over the quality (or lack of it). I pray that once these things are sorted out, all will be ok for the long haul. ON the good side, my dealer experience has been awesome!

I hope that is the case because my wife is really starting to give me crap for buying it. Her Toyota with 50,000 miles has never been to the shop. My last two cars were Toyota's too, with a combined 250,000 miles and never in the shop (only scheduled maintenance - and I performed most of it).

Now my tires are at the wear bars. These Pirellis totally suck. Not real happy tonight.
Old 2/15/14, 08:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

i guess everyone just has that one brand that is good to them. mine seems to be GM, yours seems to be Toyota, and it seems about everyone else on here it is Ford. im also hoping that i can work out the problems and have a great car in the end. im gonna replace my water pump whenever it comes in and then give it a few more months. if i keep having problems i guess ill trade it in for another camaro.
Old 2/16/14, 01:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

just noticed my gears are starting to whine pretty bad... i guess ill be getting 3.55 or 3.73 gears and swapping them out before lone too.
Old 3/2/14, 10:43 AM

My daughters car is a 2011 5.0 candy red Gt. at this time the car now has 73k on the clock. It started with a no crank condition when new. it was intermittent, and hard to find. The dealer found a starter wire issue. Then they replaced the starter. The battery was also replaced all under warrinty including the tow to shop. The car still has long crank times. It has had stalling at the stop light. Transmission has a intermittent issue as well as the cam shaft position sensor on the drivers side causing the engine light to come on now and then, the paint on the hood is bubbling up, and needs repaired on the right front. Something making a noise in the rear end, like a bumping noise on a rough road. the radio was replaced as well as a speakers. The dealer she took the car to said $400 to fix the hood $200 to diagnose the transmission, $110 to diagnose the sensor. we love the car, but at 73k I should not have to replace the transmission, repaint the hood, or have engine issues.
My Toyota Camry has over 304k on the clock still drives 120 miles a day no problems. We love the car other than that. I will think about this when I go to buy my truck. That is all I can say at this time. When my daughter comes home from school I will check the sway bar mounts.

Last edited by cobrajet351; 3/2/14 at 10:47 AM.
Old 3/2/14, 11:18 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by cobrajet351
My daughters car is a 2011 5.0 candy red Gt. at this time the car now has 73k on the clock. It started with a no crank condition when new. it was intermittent, and hard to find. The dealer found a starter wire issue. Then they replaced the starter. The battery was also replaced all under warrinty including the tow to shop. The car still has long crank times. It has had stalling at the stop light. Transmission has a intermittent issue as well as the cam shaft position sensor on the drivers side causing the engine light to come on now and then, the paint on the hood is bubbling up, and needs repaired on the right front. Something making a noise in the rear end, like a bumping noise on a rough road. the radio was replaced as well as a speakers. The dealer she took the car to said $400 to fix the hood $200 to diagnose the transmission, $110 to diagnose the sensor. we love the car, but at 73k I should not have to replace the transmission, repaint the hood, or have engine issues.
My Toyota Camry has over 304k on the clock still drives 120 miles a day no problems. We love the car other than that. I will think about this when I go to buy my truck. That is all I can say at this time. When my daughter comes home from school I will check the sway bar mounts.
Good grief man. That really is unfortunate for your daughter. Things like this can really sour people on brands of cars. My mother has a 2004 Toyota Highlander with currently 240,000 miles and not a single issue. Its running strong! I have a 2011 model and my 02 sensor went on it and that's it, however I only have 34,000 miles on it. In all fairness to Ford the 02 sensor may not be the fault of Ford because I had long tube headers and off road x pipe installed.
Old 3/2/14, 05:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by cobrajet351
the noise you hear in the rear over bumps is more than likely your rear sway bar links. mine does that too just havent got around to fix that problem yet.

Good grief man. That really is unfortunate for your daughter. Things like this can really sour people on brands of cars. My mother has a 2004 Toyota Highlander with currently 240,000 miles and not a single issue. Its running strong! I have a 2011 model and my 02 sensor went on it and that's it, however I only have 34,000 miles on it. In all fairness to Ford the 02 sensor may not be the fault of Ford because I had long tube headers and off road x pipe installed.
how do you like your long tubes and off road and what cat backs do you have? i just put mine on with bassani axle backs and it way to loud for me but it doesnt sound like a drag car which is cool.

Quick Reply: all these problems with only 52k miles....