Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Advance track service light

Search this Thread

Old 12/13/14, 04:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
Advance track service light

I was driving in the rain and my abs/traction control light came on with a message on the info center to service advance track. So I took it to the dealer they diagnosed it and found no problems. After getting the car back last night The traction control light came back on. Today the light has been off. Here is the weird thing, I am in souther California and we got our first actual rain storm for the year. The rain triggered it, anybody have a similar issue? It seems like the system works good as long as it doesn't rain, maybe water is shorting one if the wheels sensors? I am not worried since it almost never rains here, just wanted to see if anybody has had a similar experience.
Old 12/16/14, 09:25 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Wild5.0
I was driving in the rain and my abs/traction control light came on with a message on the info center to service advance track. So I took it to the dealer they diagnosed it and found no problems. After getting the car back last night The traction control light came back on. Today the light has been off. Here is the weird thing, I am in souther California and we got our first actual rain storm for the year. The rain triggered it, anybody have a similar issue? It seems like the system works good as long as it doesn't rain, maybe water is shorting one if the wheels sensors? I am not worried since it almost never rains here, just wanted to see if anybody has had a similar experience.
Have you addressed this with your Ford Dealer, Wild5.0?

Deysha
Old 12/16/14, 11:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by FordService
Have you addressed this with your Ford Dealer, Wild5.0? Deysha
Well since the lights turned off I havent taken it back yet. Its actually raining today, will be a good test to see if the lights come back again. If it comes back and they say its normal again I will let you know.

Thanks
Old 12/16/14, 03:05 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Wild5.0
Well since the lights turned off I havent taken it back yet. Its actually raining today, will be a good test to see if the lights come back again. If it comes back and they say its normal again I will let you know.

Thanks
No problem, Wild5.0. Thanks!

Deysha
Old 12/20/14, 11:41 AM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
tracktion control is such an odd light to understand, it will also come on if you're parking into a lot, (going forward reverse many times) just because it detects more turn in one wheel than the rest..