Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

2014 REAR AXEL

Search this Thread

Old 1/31/14, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 REAR AXEL

Hello to all,I want to thank all who post and read on this forum. About 2 weeks ago i went to dealer to check on the infamous vent leak on the rear axel. I had noticed on the drivers side tube where the vent is located,staining of lube. My dealer has been wonderful as of yet with other issues ive had and are working to get this repaired. Unfortunately dosent look to be the vent,they said they will order a new whole axel assembly. What,they said some how it seemed that it was bent or casted wrong. With only 2k miles they know for sure it wasnt my fault. I accepted delivery of car back in July 2013. My problem here is that the dealer said he has approval already for entire rear axel assembly, but has no estimated delivery date for the unit. My question is should i be patient or should i make a stink about this. Its been two weeks already and no eta on fix. Just looking for honest opinions,because the little devil in me is advising some thoughts. I hate to break up a good relationship that i have with the dealership so far. Sorry for the long story,just venting and looking for some help.
Old 1/31/14, 12:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sometimes parts do take a while to come in, especially a whole axle assembly. I'd call them once a week and at least ask for a status so they don't forget about you.

If you feel like you are getting nowhere, contact Deysha (Ford Customer Service) on this forum and she can help out.
Old 1/31/14, 02:19 PM

thanks,it helps that others on this forum can calm my anxiety.lol thanks again.
Old 1/31/14, 02:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Back in history I had a brand new car with a faulty rear axle. The dealer said it would take a month to get the part(s) in. I was not happy, and very pleasantly let them know that. Next day they said the parts were there. They jacked up my car and another newer one and swapped the rear axles, wheel-to-wheel while I waited, and put the new parts on the donor when they arrived.

Could be a suggestion for your local dealer, cpred...
Old 1/31/14, 03:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

The entire axle?? Did you show them the TSB? Did they at least try to fix it according to the TSB?

Just seems odd they went straight to replacing the whole axle.. But hey if it really is jacked up then your dealership is freaking amazing. When i had this problem i brought the tsb and they simply did what it said. Im thankful now my whole rear axle wasnt bent lol. Hope everything turns out well for you
Old 1/31/14, 03:50 PM

That might help,maybe that little devil will come out if i dont get an answer i like. maybe pass by tomorrow with the Expedition get an oil change and pick some brains. I do have to say that i have a great dealership relationship. My gas vent tube melted after install of over the axel pipe install covered,so I have to be patient and not loose it. thanks for all the input. Just trying to calm myself.
Old 2/1/14, 07:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Also keep in mind that parts of the East Coast have been a parking lot due to snow... Has effected shipping times for our parts here in the Midwest...
Old 2/1/14, 08:42 AM

thanks guys will keep every one updated
Old 2/3/14, 06:30 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by cpred3052
Hello to all,I want to thank all who post and read on this forum. About 2 weeks ago i went to dealer to check on the infamous vent leak on the rear axel. I had noticed on the drivers side tube where the vent is located,staining of lube. My dealer has been wonderful as of yet with other issues ive had and are working to get this repaired. Unfortunately dosent look to be the vent,they said they will order a new whole axel assembly. What,they said some how it seemed that it was bent or casted wrong. With only 2k miles they know for sure it wasnt my fault. I accepted delivery of car back in July 2013. My problem here is that the dealer said he has approval already for entire rear axel assembly, but has no estimated delivery date for the unit. ...
Hello cpred3052,

Let me get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area so they can assist you with this. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Originally Posted by mfc133
Sometimes parts do take a while to come in, especially a whole axle assembly. I'd call them once a week and at least ask for a status so they don't forget about you.

If you feel like you are getting nowhere, contact Deysha (Ford Customer Service) on this forum and she can help out.
Thank you for the mention, mfc133!

Deysha
Old 2/4/14, 04:16 PM

Just got a call today,the unit will be shipped and delivered next week some time. Thanks Deysha. I will keep you updated.
Old 2/5/14, 07:48 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by cpred3052
Just got a call today,the unit will be shipped and delivered next week some time. Thanks Deysha. I will keep you updated.
You're very welcome, cpred3052!

Deysha
Old 2/19/14, 02:13 PM

Appointment set,entire rear delivered today taking it in the morning.
Old 2/21/14, 09:00 PM

Back on the road,got a great dealer.