Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

2014 Mustang 3.7 Automatic Transmission Electrical Issue

Search this Thread

Old 9/19/23, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 Mustang 3.7 Automatic Transmission Electrical Issue

Today my babymomma used the car. She was going around 70 MPH. She said that the airbag light suddenly popped up and that more lights came up while driving. Then the RPM stopped working but the car was working fine. She got home safely, I recently changed the battery and it worked fine for her for a week. Now the issues started to come back. Last week she said the RPM jumped up from 2nd gear to 4th gear and gave her a big scare for her on the freeway. Mechanic said the battery and alternator is good. Since this happens today with the new battery what can it be?? I'm wondering and just keep wondering if it the alternator but mechanic said it was good. Can it be an electrical issue or something else? If you can help it will be much appreciated.
Old 9/19/23, 10:16 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,578 Likes on 1,907 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang5.0_3.7
Today my babymomma used the car. She was going around 70 MPH. She said that the airbag light suddenly popped up and that more lights came up while driving. Then the RPM stopped working but the car was working fine. She got home safely, I recently changed the battery and it worked fine for her for a week. Now the issues started to come back. Last week she said the RPM jumped up from 2nd gear to 4th gear and gave her a big scare for her on the freeway. Mechanic said the battery and alternator is good. Since this happens today with the new battery what can it be?? I'm wondering and just keep wondering if it the alternator but mechanic said it was good. Can it be an electrical issue or something else? If you can help it will be much appreciated.
Disconnect Battery For About 30 Minutes and Make Sure The Connections Are Very Clean Before Reconnecting. Inspect Closely the Connections and Look For Anything Cruded up Bad. If you Have A Scanner Check For Any Trouble Codes Before Disconnecting Battery. If You Don't Have Scanner Many Parts Houses Will Scan For Free. Also Be Advised Smaller Cheaper Scanners Do Not Detect Non Powertrain Codes and You May Have Body Codes Triggered.

Mgb,

KC
The following users liked this post:
Mustang5.0_3.7 (9/20/23)