Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

2013 GT Radio LCD Display - Recognize This?

Search this Thread

Old 8/28/14 | 06:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

If you read up above on my posts, you will see that I did finally get this fixed under warranty. I used the TSB that I posted above to help get that done as well as Deysha's help. Other people in this thread have also had it fixed under warranty.

Take a copy of the above TSB to your dealer and tell them it's a known problem or that Ford wouldn't have issued a TSB on the problem.

Wayne
Old 9/4/14 | 03:08 PM
Bullitt Member

The dealer along with some help from Ford's CSM have replaced the radio. I'll post pictures of the new screen when I get the car back in my possession.
Old 9/4/14 | 05:11 PM
GT Member

What is the Mustang text discussed in this thread? I have Sync, no navigation, on a 2014 Mustang purchased a month ago. When started the display reads Sync Line In.
Old 9/9/14 | 05:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Here is the "Mustang" text when I first start my car. This was not on here before my repair. Also here is the blue line next to the temperature display that was also not present before.
Name:  006_zpsb7b025ff.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  83.4 KB
Name:  005_zpse16cb86b.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  102.1 KB

Wayne
Old 9/14/14 | 08:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Name:  SpX3zaC.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  774.6 KB

Here is my screen after the dealer replaced it. Not to crazy about the 2 different color vertical lines. I think it looks stupid. I wonder if there is any way to change it.

Another thing I noticed is that my radio doesn't dim when adjust the dim level. Does anyone know if it supposed to dim? I can't remember if it did it with the stock radio.
Old 10/3/14 | 12:36 PM

I took my 2014 Mustang into a dealership. they said I cleaned the screen and ruined it. I told them, I never touched the cars interior..I had ot only 5 months with less than 1,000 miles. I took it into a different dealership with the SSM and they are going to replace it under the warranty
Old 10/3/14 | 12:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Dealers blaming owners for damaging the screen is pretty much a weekly occurrence on this thread. I wonder if there's a TSB about Mustang owners trying to clean their radios with sulfuric acid
Old 10/18/14 | 08:46 AM

I have the same problem with my 2013 Mustang, I was told by my ford dealer that it wasn't covered under warranty, it looks terrible.
I planned on getting it replaced, my ford dealer told me $275 for parts and $275 for labor, I told them lets do it and signed the service agreement so they could order the parts, a few hours later my dealer called me and said the part would now be $475 plus labor because the display was damaged, why do they think I wanted to replace it.
I then researched buying one on-line and discovered this forum along with several others on different web-sites in regards to this same issue, I've heard Ford used a adhesive that was not compatiable with the tint on the lens and saw ford Issued a service bullition to all Ford dealers it is SSM-44226, but it is not available to the public.
I told my ford dealer to look at this web-site, he told me he doesn't go off web-sites, i also told him about Deysha from Ford who I see has about 4,300+ replys or posts on this web-site.
I sent a IM to Deysha and opened a case with ford Service, I hope Deysha can help me resolve this problem as she has done for many of you, I love ford but am getting frustrated with my local Ford dealer with this issue along with service on my F-150.
Old 10/18/14 | 06:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Dakotanative68
I have the same problem with my 2013 Mustang, I was told by my ford dealer that it wasn't covered under warranty, it looks terrible.
I planned on getting it replaced, my ford dealer told me $275 for parts and $275 for labor, I told them lets do it and signed the service agreement so they could order the parts, a few hours later my dealer called me and said the part would now be $475 plus labor because the display was damaged, why do they think I wanted to replace it.
I then researched buying one on-line and discovered this forum along with several others on different web-sites in regards to this same issue, I've heard Ford used a adhesive that was not compatiable with the tint on the lens and saw ford Issued a service bullition to all Ford dealers it is SSM-44226, but it is not available to the public.
I told my ford dealer to look at this web-site, he told me he doesn't go off web-sites, i also told him about Deysha from Ford who I see has about 4,300+ replys or posts on this web-site.
I sent a IM to Deysha and opened a case with ford Service, I hope Deysha can help me resolve this problem as she has done for many of you, I love ford but am getting frustrated with my local Ford dealer with this issue along with service on my F-150.

If you are under the bumper to bumper warranty, don't even think about paying to get it replaced. This is a known issue and Ford should be fixing it the first time it comes in. Don't take the dealers BS!!

I'm not sure if Ford sends out a whole new radio screen unit or just a new tinted screen. But, if your dealer is charging that much for installation, you are getting hosed big time. It's probably like an hour long job at most. I would recommend doing it yourself that is if you go that route. Good Luck sir!!
Old 10/18/14 | 07:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

In post #113 above, I pasted the exact words of SSM-44226. Copy that and take it to your Ford Dealer. No way would I pay $475. When I inquired about the price of a new face plate with the screen already in it, I was quoted a price of about $110 so I don't know where your Ford dealer is getting their prices from. I would go to another Dealer.

Wayne
Old 10/19/14 | 06:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

As a point of information, many parts have two prices for the same item: one that is high and sort of unrealistic, for insurance-paid transactions, and one quite a bit less, for ordinary replacement/enhancement purchases. A case on point was the "GT/CS" front fascia, the two prices differing by three hundred dollars.

With regard to the radio faceplate defect, it seems there are as many dealer responses to the problem as there are service managers trying to make a reputation with Ford and the dealer's management. I guess the only thing to do is be pleasant and persistent, and armed with a folder of facts.

Good luck.
Old 10/20/14 | 08:07 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Thank you for the PM, Dakotanative68! I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha
Old 10/25/14 | 02:13 PM
Cobra Member

seems like u bought a pre-owned mustang, i saw that once on a used f150
Old 1/6/15 | 09:30 PM

my dealer told me the same and lied that hes never heard of it or that it exist how can i further escalate to get it fixed. my radio started peeling
Old 1/14/15 | 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by yellowconve
my dealer told me the same and lied that hes never heard of it or that it exist how can i further escalate to get it fixed. my radio started peeling
Glad this was taken care of for you, yellowconve!

Deysha
Old 5/5/15 | 01:08 PM

Hi Deysha, I have the same problem. Purchased thew 2013 Mustang v6 new and I am just starting to see the haziness in the radio display. Looks like sticker glue, but I agree with one of the other posts here that said its probably the tint dissolving.
The car is never winter driven and is stored in the garage... Basically babied.
Talked to the dealership today and My 3 year warranty runs out at the end of May.

They will take a look at the issue on Monday May 11. I will keep you apprised of my situation.
From all the posts here , it seems like a common problem on the 2012s and 2013's with the Sync radios.

I live in Ontario Canada , so I am not sure if you can help.
Old 5/5/15 | 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by greystallion
Hi Deysha, I have the same problem. Purchased thew 2013 Mustang v6 new and I am just starting to see the haziness in the radio display. Looks like sticker glue, but I agree with one of the other posts here that said its probably the tint dissolving.
The car is never winter driven and is stored in the garage... Basically babied.
Talked to the dealership today and My 3 year warranty runs out at the end of May.

They will take a look at the issue on Monday May 11. I will keep you apprised of my situation.
From all the posts here , it seems like a common problem on the 2012s and 2013's with the Sync radios.

I live in Ontario Canada , so I am not sure if you can help.
Hi greystallion,

Glad you’re already having them check it out. Be sure to PM our FordServiceCA Rep with your VIN, dealer, odometer reading, full name, best daytime number, and copy in the post above. Have a good one!

Deysha
Old 5/12/15 | 01:13 PM

I think I've got this problem on my '14 too, but when I went to my dealer to have them check it out they couldn't find an SSM 44226 related to my car. At their suggestion I called Ford's customer relations line, but the person I spoke to there couldn't find it either. Deysha, do you know what build dates this SSM covers?
Old 5/13/15 | 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by MaroonGT
I think I've got this problem on my '14 too, but when I went to my dealer to have them check it out they couldn't find an SSM 44226 related to my car. At their suggestion I called Ford's customer relations line, but the person I spoke to there couldn't find it either. Deysha, do you know what build dates this SSM covers?
I don't have the details for it, but let me get this escalated for you, MaroonGT. Please, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
Old 5/22/15 | 08:15 AM

Looks like I'm having the same problem with a newly purchased 14 GT/CS CPO.

Deysha, just sent you a PM.

Thanks again for all you do.

Quick Reply: 2013 GT Radio LCD Display - Recognize This?