Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

2012 5.0L engine failure - Warrenty Denied...

Search this Thread

Old 12/16/11, 04:57 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
In reference to chevys comment about Ford. I think Ford stepped up on this one and took responsibility rather quickly. Not only did OP get a call back quickly from the district mgr, he got the ok for it to be covered and in a rental on the same day. So yeah, Way to go Ford!
Old 12/16/11, 05:01 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The roadblock in the majority of these warranty issues have been local Dealer/Stealers - not Ford. When it gets all the way to Ford - by customer insistence, Deysha, or however; most all legitimate problems have been handled.
That's why so many are sick of c & his buddy j's whining at Ford.
Old 12/16/11, 05:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good to hear Trev! Keeping my fingers crossed for ya!

(Damned hard to type that way, though...)
Old 12/16/11, 07:51 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by chevys
What is your problem?

Im tired of this ****. do yo have a problem with me? I have been a member for a while and Im sick and god **** tire of being vilionized. I am who I am and I love Mutstangs and I care aboutthem.

Im just tired of everytime you are critical you get abused. Cut me and I bleed Ford blue. But I dont drink the kool aid either! I try to keep it open an honest.

Im just sick and tired of the fan boys.
looking though post history it seems someone stays in the 5.0 section clogging it with wate of time posts saying the same thing over and over
Old 12/16/11, 08:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
After reconsideraion, I retract my original post, because... well, just because.

---

On topic, glad Ford themselves got this one right. Well done Ford!

Last edited by houtex; 12/16/11 at 08:21 PM.
Old 12/16/11, 09:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

WWent and saw my car(had to get a few things) and the manifold/heads are off and "most" of the wires are un-done. The techs hope to have the motor out 100% tomorrow. Then just waiting on the long block. Im not happy my car is in this position, but glad they stepped up quickly. Only being 21 people think I am just a "young punk" and sometimes makes it harder, but this seems to be going well...so far.
Old 12/16/11, 09:22 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

That's outstanding man! You should go buy a lotto ticket with that luck. First trans, then #8, and they're fixing it. Can't get any better than that.
Old 12/16/11, 09:25 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
I'd get a tune as soon as you get it back.
Old 12/16/11, 09:31 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Rebellious!
Old 12/17/11, 08:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Hytek
That's outstanding man! You should go buy a lotto ticket with that luck. First trans, then #8, and they're fixing it. Can't get any better than that.
I know, thank God, the car has had $18,500 worth of PARTS alone (no labor) installed under warranty in the past 30 days. I have "fun" with my 5.0 but nothing over the top or excessive I feel. Maybe it was just luck? Now I have a car with 10,000 miles, Transmission with 800 and a motor with 0.

I am looking for ford to buy this car back though.....

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Im going to have them install it before I even take delivery
[/QUOTE]
Old 12/17/11, 08:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Think what ever you will. Im a hard core Ford man but I dont drink the kool aid either. Im sick of this ****. I drive a 3 Mach 1 and I love it. Take a hike.
Originally Posted by cdynaco
The roadblock in the majority of these warranty issues have been local Dealer/Stealers - not Ford. When it gets all the way to Ford - by customer insistence, Deysha, or however; most all legitimate problems have been handled.
That's why so many are sick of c & his buddy j's whining at Ford.
Chevys, see the above from cdynaco. A few dealerships that aren't with the program in no way should be used to vilify Ford as a whole. I bet you have a family member who could possibly make your whole family look like trash with that way of thinking.

Originally Posted by slostang
WWent and saw my car(had to get a few things) and the manifold/heads are off and "most" of the wires are un-done. The techs hope to have the motor out 100% tomorrow. Then just waiting on the long block. Im not happy my car is in this position, but glad they stepped up quickly. Only being 21 people think I am just a "young punk" and sometimes makes it harder, but this seems to be going well...so far.
Would be interesting to know what your PCM code is.
Old 12/17/11, 09:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by VTXFrank
Would be interesting to know what your PCM code is.
I texted the guy working on my car and his response was "I have the calibration, and the only code other then the O2 sensors was a P0308, but that plug was soaked in oil."

That help? Im not sure what you mean by "PCM code"
Old 12/17/11, 10:02 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

The PCM code is the code on the ECU under the hood on the passenger side.
Old 12/17/11, 04:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Hytek
The PCM code is the code on the ECU under the hood on the passenger side.
I go in Monday to look a few things over, I will see what I can do.
Old 12/18/11, 09:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did they tell u what has caused the number 8 failure now that they're ripping into it? Im sorry but i dont know the back story. U just had axle backs or you had an o/r x as well? Just curious I'm glad it's being taken care of for u too. Btw where did u come up with 18k in parts for the motor and trans?
Old 12/18/11, 09:47 AM
Cobra R Member

Mufflers don't do anything to affect the rev limit, go ahead and tell them to get you a tech who did not smoke crack right before he checked out your car.
Old 12/18/11, 12:26 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by fdjizm
Mufflers don't do anything to affect the rev limit, go ahead and tell them to get you a tech who did not smoke crack right before he checked out your car.
I don't know man... don't they need a certain amount of back pressure to keep from going over redline?

Old 12/18/11, 12:28 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
sometimes in the morning I have some back pressure. But then I do what the tech did and blow it out my azz.
Old 12/18/11, 01:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by mystickeith50
Did they tell u what has caused the number 8 failure now that they're ripping into it? Im sorry but i dont know the back story. U just had axle backs or you had an o/r x as well? Just curious I'm glad it's being taken care of for u too. Btw where did u come up with 18k in parts for the motor and trans?
The car HAD a O/R x pipe(I put the factory on before it went back) and A/Bs and nothing more. As for the price they are what the service manger said, I have no way to judge the price.
Originally Posted by fdjizm
Oh I knew that, thats why I wanted her to prove it was. And maybe the crack makes him work faster...?
Originally Posted by cdynaco
I don't know man... don't they need a certain amount of back pressure to keep from going over redline?

Haha
Originally Posted by Flagstang
sometimes in the morning I have some back pressure. But then I do what the tech did and blow it out my azz.
Ill let them know this haha
Old 12/18/11, 07:53 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Thanks for posting. I was about to blow a fuse for you. Between the 5 liters. mt82s, powershifts, and my ford touch is ford not eating some serious claims these days? It seems they cannot launch a new deal without big time problems.

Their quality is slacking to say the least. You just cant trust Ford anymore. Nice work Ford. Ford should not be trusted imo in the near future. They are shaky at best.
shut the "F" up you imbecile

Quick Reply: 2012 5.0L engine failure - Warrenty Denied...